UK 3 Milestones

DeletedUser

I like the idea of 1st, 2nd, 3rd. So if a player does miss out on coming first to the milestone, but it will bring out the determination to aim for first in the next one. Which will keep these milestones competitive and as PP said will create a lot of changes on the positions of the milestones.

DeletedUser

Wow this thread took of while i was at work :icon_eek:

[th]I guess the main reason for the inital poster was to add his own or a friend's ingame account, because he missed #1 - and his "more actual updates" of the list (once every 24 hours seems to be too late for some people). Yet I see a lot of people above 1k ODA for some hours in the rankings now. Where are they in the list? Who knows, which one was third? Will the third one be forgotten now? I see a lot of potential for useless discussion about who deserves the "bronze milestone".

Then again, we should probably make completely different lists with three rankings. Who was fastest to get 1k ODA after starting? This could be an aggressive rim-side player, which started 2 weeks late. He may have gotten his 1k ODA 1 day faster than the one in the milestones, who started in the first hour of the world and so on and so on...

[/th]

First of all my main reason as i mailed you was because mods are usually slow to update the milestone

secondly it was because of your dismissal of the 2nd and 3rd achievements, as not being of any merit. This is a game of thousands of people ( don't know the exact count) and as such 2nd and 3rd seem valid achievements. On .net world 2nd and 3rd are still valid, thou not as first. Yet a few have come to the decisions that, they are not of any merit and therefore should not be added at all. Doesn't seem very democratic now, does it. After all, it a milestone for the players that play this world. 2nd and 3rd are valid rankings from sports to video games to even class ranks, why should this be any different? This is just a game after all :icon_confused:

and please stop using the slippery sloap argument of why not 4th or 5th or even the 1000th one. It is just a bad way to argue. It is widely accepted that 1st 2nd and 3rd ranking are the valid ones almost everywhere. Does it dilute the first ranking in anyway if the 2nd and 3rd are added? Not at all, as the first one that achieved it would always be first. I don't see gold medalist complaining in Olympics that it isnt fair the other person got silver! Loosen up, its just a game!

and i dont get your point about where are the 24 hour updates? As this thread was just started today and i do have work and other stuff in my life. I stated that i would update it semi daily. the 3rd one could have been easily missed as the first one as people are getting them with in a short range. I do believe it was noob that got it, if i am not mistaken. I am sure people would make a post about it if and when there is a 2nd and 3rd ranking and who got it.

Now since people are having a discussion on this thread, I see that I am not the only one that wants to add 2nd and 3rd to the milestone. Now all I ask is that you hear the people out instead of dimissing their points, maybe have a vote on whether or not 2nd and 3rd should be added and not be such a unanimous decision.

Thank you,

- Bad Horse

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Either way, in my experience the milestone threads are usually forgotten roughly after the 100k milestones are reached anyways... The UK1 milestones thread hasn't even been updated since someone hit 100k points :| One of the first things I did when I became a forum mod (on .net) was close and unsticky the milestones thread in my world because there were nearly 30 spots that had been passed and not filled.

Now, to be fair, this world is full of extremely competitive players and I'm guessing a lot of them will be watching these intensely. I just don't think its worth all the fuss.

Also, hey James. Its been a while :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I think its quite narrow minded to seek only recognition of rank 1 in this sort of thread due to the simple fact that noting the people who came second and third give us something to compare the guy who came in first to, give us some idea of how solid his lead in that particular achievement was. So rather than cheapen the achievement, having 2nd and 3rd rank validates the achievement of being the first to a particular milestone.

Besides which, we've always had top 3 for milestone threads. Its a given and doesn't really require adjusting the format

DeletedUser1508

I think its quite narrow minded to seek only recognition of rank 1 in this sort of thread due to the simple fact that noting the people who came second and third give us something to compare the guy who came in first to, give us some idea of how solid his lead in that particular achievement was. So rather than cheapen the achievement, having 2nd and 3rd rank validates the achievement of being the first to a particular milestone.

Besides which, we've always had top 3 for milestone threads. Its a given and doesn't really require adjusting the format

But they only solidify rank 1 if the dates/time preriod are also listed. If this is done then I wouldn't mind having 2-3 to each milestone.

DeletedUser

[...]
First of all my main reason as i mailed you was because mods are usually slow to update the milestone

[...]

and i dont get your point about where are the 24 hour updates? As this thread was just started today and i do have work and other stuff in my life. I stated that i would update it semi daily. the 3rd one could have been easily missed as the first one as people are getting them with in a short range. I do believe it was noob that got it, if i am not mistaken. I am sure people would make a post about it if and when there is a 2nd and 3rd ranking and who got it.
[...]
[th]The original milestone thread was being updated with its only valid milestione thus far (1k ODA) within 24 hours. Too slow to update?

And you just posted a perfect counter-argument, why spot 3 is no achievment anymore. "I believe it was a noob that got it...". Third best milestone could easily set by anyone? It's happening that much unnoticed, that almost no-one cares anymore, that almost no-one knows now, who got it? Wow. I'm impressed. What an achivement. That definitely has to be kept in a milestone posting. :icon_wink:

To the arcade games, I'll bring up my old argument. What was valid for the Olympic Games, is valid here: At the end of the game there are be rankings 1-3. But fastest lap/most killes per level/best whatever intermediate result may be shown, but neither the second best, nor third best or whatsoever. Even worse: Most arcade games show a top ten! So the 4th, 5th... milestone comes back to play.

I'm with teh.beaver here - the thread will most likely lose interest anyways. Yet I never said "don't post another 3-place milestione" thread, when the Bad Horse asked. To the contrary. I said he may start his own. I just denied to make him moderator to edit the original one. Don't get me wrong, he didn't ask for moderatorship, but there's no other possibility to edit other's postings bar getting mod rights.
[/th]

DeletedUser

dont forum mod works in the best interest of players? if players want something that reasonable dont you think that its not too much to change? if the majority wanted 1 st only milestone then fair enough but so far i can see many want rank 1, 2 and 3.

As a forum moderator if a request isnt out of question and supported by many players, dont you think a change is due?

hoang nghiem

DeletedUser

But they only solidify rank 1 if the dates/time preriod are also listed. If this is done then I wouldn't mind having 2-3 to each milestone.

Yes we could certainly implement that feature into the achievements thread. I think that would be best.

DeletedUser

dont forum mod works in the best interest of players? if players want something that reasonable dont you think that its not too much to change? if the majority wanted 1 st only milestone then fair enough but so far i can see many want rank 1, 2 and 3.

As a forum moderator if a request isnt out of question and supported by many players, dont you think a change is due?

hoang nghiem

[th]Erm. This thread exists, doesn't it? This thread can be updated in the original posters wanted mannter, can't it? If it's that much of interest, it will be kept on the top page anyways. I'm not a big fan of masses of stickied threads in forums anyways. The profile and funny mails discussion got unsticked now, too. Active threads don't need to be sticked to be kept visible on the first page or the second.

[/th]

DeletedUser

hoang nghiem

Hoang.. it's just like with democracy and raising taxes. Every one wants to lower them, but governments barely ever do :icon_wink:

I think the players that are #5 would soon want milestones for 5, and if they made a thread about it, should it be stickied too?

DeletedUser

I think this world was the first world in recent memory where the battle for the first milestone was between two solo players. I dont know about hoang but I dont use sitters.

DeletedUser

I think this world was the first world in recent memory where the battle for the first milestone was between two solo players. I dont know about hoang but I dont use sitters.

I do use sitter and good sitters indeed for like 4 hours a night :icon_sad:

If any one who played with me and know me in this game then they all know i work full time (used to study full time as well) i do 6 days a week and 8 hours a day... i am very lucky as i do have access to the internet when im at work and i can get on TW to do stuffs during free time (hence those play with me dont see me chat on skype cause i dont have time to) therefore staying up all night to play TW is out of the question. I wish i have more time for TW but i dont.

It is true that me and Zero seems to run away with the points but .. hey its still early, the server only 1 week old and many good players can catch up in no time. I hope we will see more tight competition for milestones and ranking in the near future.

hoang nghiem

PS: keep this thread alive cause i do like to have 3 ranking for milestones as just incase i dont come first :icon_wink:

PS2: Gj lardingd for catching up to us quickly and dont quit so early in game like w36 lol :icon_cool:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I think the players that are #5 would soon want milestones for 5, and if they made a thread about it, should it be stickied too?

Difference being of course that most of us are used to threads with 3 actually being the established means, not 1.

DeletedUser

Yes, as Nauzhror said, #1, #2, #3 milestone threads are the norm. So really, this doesn't have to be justified. And obviously, by the fact that a lot of people appear to want it #1/#2/#3, Thar is wrong in assuming no one cares.

DeletedUser

By the way, think we can call this one now :p

Rank Tribe name Defeated
1 Disaster Zone 49.811

Welldone rumble i guess on 50k ODA :icon_razz: