UK 5 - no ms backtimes?

DeletedUser

I'm confident I'm right, but I want to make sure.

On a no ms world (like UK5), a backtime launched on the same second, would hit after the troops return. Correct?

I'm just unsure how the rules for returns work. Are they First-Sent-First-Hit as well?
And is this "First-Sent" from when the troops were launched? Or when they started to return?

I'm confident that a same-speed backtime from the same village would hit the troops either way, but what about a slower-speed backtime, or one from a closer village?

DeletedUser

Yeah, but is it first sent from the attacking village, or first sent on the way home?

DeletedUser

I'm confident I'm right, but I want to make sure.
On a no ms world (like UK5), a backtime launched on the same second, would hit after the troops return. Correct?
Correct and will be undodgable.

I'm confident that a same-speed backtime from the same village would hit the troops either way, but what about a slower-speed backtime, or one from a closer village?
Any same second backtime will be undodgable - troops arrive home first no matter the speed of the backtime.

DeletedUser

Yeah, but is it first sent from the attacking village, or first sent on the way home?

when i underlined sent i thought you would know that i meant when you click ok. so sent from the village that they belong. i'll stop talking now before i get confusing

DeletedUser

Any same second backtime will be undodgable - troops arrive home first no matter the speed of the backtime.

If troops arrive home first anyway..

Let's say I somehow lucked out (or my opponent is very unlucky), and messed up his dodge, so his troops come back on the same second as my attack hits. If the troops arrive home first. I should take them out.

If it's truly first-sent-first-hit. He should still dodge.

I'm pretty sure the second is true. Due to me getting a same-speed backtime from the same village to the same second (skills ay? :icon_cool:) If my troops had come home first, they would have died, and I wouldn't have been able to send any troops out.

DeletedUser

Troops return at the start of the second. The very start. :000 ms. You cannot get an attack to land before a return in the same second.

It is sent first hit first, but that only applies to sending. Not returning. Returns (Like in worlds with ms) always return at the start of the second.

I'll get link to another thread with the same sort of question as this in a sec.

Edit; There

DeletedUser

Put it this way. whenever you send an attack your command gets like a number.

lets call it

if your opponent then sends an attack but lands at the same second (call it 002) then it will arrive after (001).

DeletedUser

Troops return at the start of the second. The very start. :000 ms. You cannot get an attack to land before a return in the same second.

It is sent first hit first, but that only applies to sending. Not returning. Returns (Like in worlds with ms) always return at the start of the second.

I'll get link to another thread with the same sort of question as this in a sec.

Edit; There

:icon_sad:

I must have been one second late then. If that's true a same-speed-same-village backtime must be at least 1 second behind, and I'm pretty sure I hit the time.

Actually. If you cancel an attack would have hit at :019 ms, it will return at :019 (Garth said this to me once, so I'm pretty sure it's true). I assume that.. as cancelling an attack makes it follow ms normally. cancelling would still follow the FIFO rule.

Edit - Simplier way. FIFO is decided on AttackID. Amirite? :3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser282

FIFO is decided on attackID, however all returns (not cancelling) still return at :000 I believe.

The cancelling thing is true on normal worlds, I am fairly sure cancelling follows FIFO using attackID.

DeletedUser

Yup. works out perfect that way. :D

methinks this should be mentioned in world settings somewhere.

DeletedUser

I just wanted to check, since there are no milliseconds, same second attacks should hit at exactly the same time.

So say I want to rim someone, with 100% morale at present.
If I get all trains to hit in same second, does the morale stay at 100% for every attack?

I'm pretty sure it would, but I just want to check.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I just wanted to check, since there are no milliseconds, same second attacks should hit at exactly the same time.

So say I want to rim someone, with 100% morale at present.
If I get all trains to hit in same second, does the morale stay at 100% for every attack?

I'm pretty sure it would, but I just want to check.

Not 100% sure, they would quite possibly land in order sent and morale would change.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

(Correct me if I'm wrong, not very sure on this) But isn't morale the calculated when the attacks are sent not landing?

DeletedUser

Ahhh, looks like I'll have to test this... :icon_neutral:

I'll give the results later.