UK Party Debate

DeletedUser

I thought it was quite entertaining, and I was very surprised with Labour and Gordon Brown, for more than on reason:

He wasn't his normal, boring and dull self;
He smiled and added humour;
His points were very valid.

I'm 14, not eligable to vote. I live in Northern Ireland, born and raised so we have our own elections (DUP will win). But Gordon surprised me, he stood up for himself and for the status as Prime Minister. He defended himself against the last like 14 years of Prime Ministerial positions that he wasn't in power during and the choices made during, and did well. I always thought of him as not having a clue before.

Nick & David both disagreed with the money he wants to spend on the Nuclear shiz, addressing it as old. But, are they not up to date with the worlds goings ons? Nuclear power is being taken further and further and Britain won't be able to cope without it, but Nick would prefer more helicopters? They would be nice but are no match to a Nuclear missile. In my opinion Gordon won that night.

They also want to cut the economy spending, are they mad? Gordon has the right idea, if we continue to expand the economy, the government will have more sales taxes, the government will have less Benifets to pay due to unemployement lessening and finally with more jobs comes more money to the people meaning tax increases will be smaller, to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser282

We can't realistically deal with the Taliban or the enemies in Iraq (unsure who this actually is now) with a nuclear missile as that would wipe out the civilians as well. So in our current wars, helicopters are more important tools than nuclear missiles. We probably do need a nuclear deterrent but we should attempt to maintain it for minimum cost.

Gordon Brown thoroughly lost the debate however his smiling and adding humour creates the illusion of confidence and self-belief.

They want to cut spending and borrowing as we have no money left, we have to cut spending so that we can start to get this ridiculously huge debt reduced.

DeletedUser1189

Your right Gordon Brown wasn't his normal dull self, one moment sticks in my mind, while Clegg was talking about the expenses scandal you could see Brown in the background grinning like a Cheshire cat as if it was some kind of funny joke.

DeletedUser

I thought it was quite entertaining, and I was very surprised with Labour and Gordon Brown, for more than on reason:

He wasn't his normal, boring and dull self;
He smiled and added humour;
His points were very valid.

I'm 14, not eligable to vote. I live in Northern Ireland, born and raised so we have our own elections (DUP will win). But Gordon surprised me, he stood up for himself and for the status as Prime Minister. He defended himself against the last like 14 years of Prime Ministerial positions that he wasn't in power during and the choices made during, and did well. I always thought of him as not having a clue before.

Nick & David both disagreed with the money he wants to spend on the Nuclear shiz, addressing it as old. But, are they not up to date with the worlds goings ons? Nuclear power is being taken further and further and Britain won't be able to cope without it, but Nick would prefer more helicopters? They would be nice but are no match to a Nuclear missile. In my opinion Gordon won that night.

They also want to cut the economy spending, are they mad? Gordon has the right idea, if we continue to expand the economy, the government will have more sales taxes, the government will have less Benifets to pay due to unemployement lessening and finally with more jobs comes more money to the people meaning tax increases will be smaller, to them.

I don't think he did very well.

He routinely interrupted his opponents when speaking and went over the allotted time on several occasions.

On your points.

Renewing the nuclear weapons programme will cost 100 billion pounds and why does the UK even need new nuclear weapons? The world might be advancing with nuclear power but nuclear power is a far cry from nuclear weapons. Nuclear disbarment in underway. The United State, Russia and other nuclear countries are removing their nuclear stockpile. In 20 years hardly any nuclear weapons will exist. Why does the UK need to spent 100 billion dollars on a weapon programme that won't even be used?

This money would be better spent on several things, helping scrap that ridiculous jobs tax which as several key people in UK business have already stated would threaten the economic recovery and has Nick Clegg rightly stated properly equipping forces serving abroad. UK companies already manufacture equipment that can help vehicles resist mines, something that has already saved the lives of over 100 US servicemen and women, why can't the UK have this equipment?

Cameron also stated that a report on 2004 pointed out the dangerous lack of helicopters in service and the air-force had the option to initiate a helicopter programme in 2005-2006 but ignored this. The lack of helicopters in the air meant more soldiers had to be placed on foot patrol, this led to more mine casualties.

The other two parties want to cut down spending on some sectors of the economy but they are not cutting down on services, heres some numbers I remember from the debate

Health Service
Over 5,000 pointless management staff hired
Maternity wards closed
5 times more managers are being hired then nurses, lolwat?
The computer system fails and it cost billions of pounds to set up, waste of money ftl

Education
I can't remember the name of the committee but they just spent 3 million pounds on renovating their office, how many supplies or new teachers could that of purchased?
The Ciriculum is hundreds of pages long, in Sweden it's only 16 pages long.
Teachers get thousands of pages of instructions from Whitehall all the time.
I like David Cameroons quote. We are teaching the kids like adults and the adults like children.

Defence
2 admirals to every navy ship
16 Brigadeers to every Brigade

Somethings not right here :lol:

Ignore my obvious spelling mistakes xD

DeletedUser282

boxxy said:
Cameroon also stated that a report on 2004 pointed out the dangerous lack of helicopters in service and the air-force had the option to initiate a helicopter programme in 2005-2006 but ignored this. The lack of helicopters in the air meant more soldiers had to be placed on foot patrol, this led to more mine casualties.

Why do African Nations care about our helicopters? :O

DeletedUser

Lol.

I heard Cameron cutting in, did he not hear the time-man shutting Mr. Brown? Nick overcut David and they all talked over Gordon.

DeletedUser

Hes saving the wor- banks you see >.<

Okey, i dont know much about british policy, but at last ive learned something new now...british debates are the political version of "Yo mama" :|

All of them act like childrens, if thats the gang leading britain then britain is doomed no matter who wins :S

DeletedUser

Hes saving the wor- banks you see >.<

Okey, i dont know much about british policy, but at last ive learned something new now...british debates are the political version of "Yo mama" :|

All of them act like childrens, if thats the gang leading britain then britain is doomed no matter who wins :S

Democracy at it's finest. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

The lines of a tune Morrisay sang(Irish blood, Enlgish heart) sprang to mind when I watched this debate.

'The English are sick to death of Labour and Tories'

The Gordon Brown grinning at the expenses scandal part of Cleggs argument made me want to go to 10 downing street and poke his eye out.

I dont think I'll be voting either Tories or Labour in this election, there needs to be change and let the new blood come through.

The labour slogan 'invitation to join the goverment of britain' bugs me, feels like there saying yeah come on down you can have a seat in the goverment, like they actualy listen to what the real people have to say.

imo we need some young blood there, as when there long gone of this world it will be them who lead thie country (for most of them it wont be long :lol:)

DeletedUser

Thing is and it always has happened, Nick will get the backing until the election then they'll vote for the people they know.

DeletedUser

Yeah I know exactly what you mean there, it seems people always go with what they know.

It would certainly be intresting to see what Clegg did if given the chance though.

If he could actualy deliver on his polices he offered.

DeletedUser

I want Brown in office if you didn't get that from my first post...Like cancer pills, they could do sooo much! Plus Cameron wants to withdraw money from Northern Ireland, we're already dipping into some special military funds things for the policing. WE HAVE TERRORISTS IN NORTHERN IRELAND, MORE THAN ENGLAND! lol

DeletedUser

I want Brown in office if you didn't get that from my first post...Like cancer pills, they could do sooo much! Plus Cameron wants to withdraw money from Northern Ireland, we're already dipping into some special military funds things for the policing. WE HAVE TERRORISTS IN NORTHERN IRELAND, MORE THAN ENGLAND! lol

Then you want a job tax and continued wasteful spending in the economy. I'd rather have a tory government in power or at least tory-lib dem shared government.

DeletedUser

You need to increase the economy, meaning more jobs, meaning more money around, meaning the taxes aren't as bad.

DeletedUser

You need to increase the economy, meaning more jobs, meaning more money around, meaning the taxes aren't as bad.

What?

The torries are just going to cut the wasteful spending in the sectors of the economy, it won't effect services, infact the cutting of red tape will actually improve the standards of services. The national curriculum is hundreds of pages long in the UK, in sweden it's under 20 pages long.

Hundreds of leading business owners have complained to the government about the jobs tax, saying that is threatens the economic recovery, they have also approved of the torries plan on cutting waste in the economy.

DeletedUser

Liberal Democrats did it for me. Although only 14 and not old enough to vote. :)