UK2 Phobia

DeletedUser

I joined quite late in W3 and got pwn'ed when I was a few K by a 200k player - I managed to kill most of a nuke but without morale it is literally impossible to hold out. If I were a new player I would've raegquitted TW at that point.

DeletedUser

Thing is with uk3 is its a 1.6x speed world. This is great for the adults that seem to get on 24 hours. :icon_neutral:

Unfortunately I have school every week day :icon_confused:

I'd probably be a fair way behind in uk3 by now.

+The uk3 Top player has already easily bypassed traviscoob as the uk2 no1

so my explanation would be

uk2: Gives more chance to less active people
uk3: inactivity means death :icon_eek:

DeletedUser5475

Thing is with uk3 is its a 1.6x speed world. This is great for the adults that seem to get on 24 hours. :icon_neutral:

Unfortunately I have school every week day :icon_confused:

I'd probably be a fair way behind in uk3 by now.

+The uk3 Top player has already easily bypassed traviscoob as the uk2 no1

so my explanation would be

uk2: Gives more chance to less active people
uk3: inactivity means death :icon_eek:

troops are slower though. so wouldn't that give you more time to see incomings and deal w/ them accordingly? Therefore not having to be online every few hours to check for incomings.

would this also put less emphasis on farming and more on higher resource centers?

anyone can use their resources and just mass produce units and walk away. I would think it's incomings that require more attention.

This whole time I was thinking the exact opposite of what you said here...slower troops: don't need to be on as much b/c farming is slower and incomings take longer...
:icon_confused:

DeletedUser

troops are slower though. so wouldn't that give you more time to see incomings and deal w/ them accordingly? Therefore not having to be online every few hours to check for incomings.

would this also put less emphasis on farming and more on higher resource centers?

anyone can use their resources and just mass produce units and walk away. I would think it's incomings that require more attention.

This whole time I was thinking the exact opposite of what you said here...slower troops: don't need to be on as much b/c farming is slower and incomings take longer...
:icon_confused:

good point about the troops. i missed that :icon_redface:

Even so at the rate the top players are growing you'd need to be online very often to keep up

DeletedUser

Well I've never played w1 so can't comment, w2 was my first world, and then I joined w3 at start up. In terms of gameplay I actually prefer w2 overall, although I can see why many prefer w3. The issue of archers/MA is interesting in the sense that yes, many experienced players who previously played worlds where they didn't exist dislike them or ignore them completely (often to their cost I believe). For me the added calculation of their worth makes both defence and offence more interesting. As to pally's, my views are a bit more mixed. Again, they definately add some interest when it comes to guessing what offensive weapon in particular would be most useful, or when multiple pallys stack with various defensive weapons, but I do think they can make a fairly bad player too good in terms of defense if they happen to have the Bonfire, for example.

Also, while I know that a lot of differences arise due to the contrast between a new and a old world (regardless of game settings), I really found that w2 is more strategic if you know what I mean? I don't think this is due to game speed alone, but there is more longer-term war planning and more diplomacy in w2, wheras my experience of w3 was it was far more aggressively attack based (and don't get me wrong, I do see the attractions of that), which when combined with the faster game speed and the closer positioning of villages (over-crowding was virtually everywhere making farming very difficult) meant that overall I do think it suits the very active players more...
Del.

DeletedUser

i agree with mr mclain here.
if the other worlds are not a agressive as ours, then i think we picked the right world.
how boring would the forums be without the flames and banter lol.

now look at all that love. :D Mclain and Max under one flag this time eh? UK2!!!!!!
I like this thread.

Personally, I think UK2 got a bunch of noobs at the start, because many players were first time nubs in uk1.. and so they just felt the need to restart. Also, the core was CROWDED compared to uk1.. WAY more villages here in the core area... so even though there are fewer continents and players now, originally, there was quite a crowd. it's always the externals that keep people here though. Gotta prove that people are wrong about you.. gotta stay and fight..

P.S. As far as the added calculations thing, UK3 has the 3 upgrade smithy ;) so it balances about the same with this archer world

Last edited by a moderator: