UK2 Timeline Discussion

DeletedUser

To be fair, ODA nowadays can be a sign of your attacking skill, but it can also be a sign of a noob throwing troops around.

DeletedUser

I was refering to early Oda milestones .. I know people whom have quit a mill account and threw away all their offence and hence broke a milestone which is imo not quite faire

DeletedUser

I noticed that TEAM all of the sudden Nobled like 50 barb villages over a 3-4 day period, I was a little confused about it, until the post came up about the 1000 village milestone.
barbs get nobled for different reasons some for positioning and some so you can pump more troops out
ive seen a few barbs being nobled in virtus, page 4 of your conquers having 13 out of 20 being barbs i think
not implying anything just pointing out that i doubt you took them barbs to hit a milestone as im sure team didnt either

sort of like milianiIM(or however it was spelt), was in the top 2-3 for awhile, until people actually attacked him, and looked to me like he fell quite easily. So what I am saying is, would you as an individual change your game play to reach a milestone?

he quit to go back to his old server to play and gifted his villages to his pas from falcs and -ts-

DeletedUser

I know for a fact that certain tribes do/have played for certain milestones...
Players also.

Certain players, play to ONLY be ranked 1 and this is more noticeable during start up, when most core elites rush to nobles and rush to 1000 points and so on.

Nobling barbs is not necessarily a bad thing, nor is playing to achieve milestones, this obviously all depends on the type of player/tribe you are, or are in...

I myself don't care about ranks or milestones and most of the players/tribes that have achieved many milestones are no longer playing this world...

Maybe this is due to the sheer amount of milestones at start up, and many start up players quit or due to the fact that once a particular target is achieved, there's nothing more to play for... I dunno...? Could be a whole number of reasons?

I wouldn't want to change my playing style to attain a milestone though. :)

DeletedUser

about the barbs:

just a quick heads up,
during the first few weeks of nobles being around at start up and even the odd one now still does this, you have to remember that a good offensive strategy usually leads to a player restarting when they see the nobles inbound, i personally have about 5 barbs that were not barbs when i began to noble them..
without actual proof its just blahh blahh i know but it does happen and we all know it.. you add all them up its a fare few.

also check teams milestone for 1000 vills right, if you look carefully we havent actually nobled 1000 villas :)*mayhave by today* maybe the milestone shouldnt include the ones we start with..just a thought.

DeletedUser3953

barbs get nobled for different reasons some for positioning and some so you can pump more troops out
ive seen a few barbs being nobled in virtus, page 4 of your conquers having 13 out of 20 being barbs i think
not implying anything just pointing out that i doubt you took them barbs to hit a milestone as im sure team didnt either

Why we took the barbs, I don't know. I will respond below the uncle chop chop quote below, sort of ties into with the team statement.

he quit to go back to his old server to play and gifted his villages to his pas from falcs and -ts-

I just saw a few different tribes nobling him, and none being the tribe he was in from what looks like the beginning.

about the barbs:

just a quick heads up,
during the first few weeks of nobles being around at start up and even the odd one now still does this, you have to remember that a good offensive strategy usually leads to a player restarting when they see the nobles inbound, i personally have about 5 barbs that were not barbs when i began to noble them..
without actual proof its just blahh blahh i know but it does happen and we all know it.. you add all them up its a fare few.
The quitting happens at the beginning, not now. Most people have more than one villages, so they can't restart instantly

also check teams milestone for 1000 vills right, if you look carefully we havent actually nobled 1000 villas :)*mayhave by today* maybe the milestone shouldnt include the ones we start with..just a thought.

This sort of goes with my point, hit the 1000 mark with a flurry of abandons, and then kick people once the list is updated and drop back down again.

*I do like the way this has been kept as a friendly discussion, I wasn't sure if that was possible on this world, lol*

DeletedUser3227

that is the silliest thing i have ever heard, we nobled barbs for a milestone? please, i personally take your posts as a insult, we would have reached that milestone any way (we are 100+ vills infront ) , why would we take barbs to get there 2 days quicker? sounds to me some1 has a bit of the green eyed monster?

DeletedUser

I just saw a few different tribes nobling him, and none being the tribe he was in from what looks like the beginning.

If that's MilanaliM, his villages were full of troops. I won't lable him a point bunny. He quit, and he gifted his village to certain individuals from FALCS and -TS-. Tribes like Outlaw and Dilli3 just nobled his villages to make the most of the opportunity. There was no fight back.

- Vic

DeletedUser5475

traviscoob got first to 100 villas.

I would say around 50% maybe more of his nobles were barbs though...

I am a little curious how he nobled all those barbs and still managed rank 8 oda?:icon_confused:

edit: he had around a 300k oda jump on the 19th ish of january, which is when he started nobling out lordofwouldham...I guess that helps...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Originally Posted by UNCLE CHOP CHOP
about the barbs:

just a quick heads up,

This is very true. In the beginning it looks like i nobled a barb but the guy gave up when i sent my train at im. Also barbs are sometimes barbs for a reason. i.e if you've repetetively attacked a village to stop a player growing or to clear for a farm and they realise they will get no-where and so restart :icon_surprised: