UK5 Awards

DeletedUser1410

Taken from a Post on UK4, posted by doomdealer666

Below are the categories. Under each category I've included the current votes :)

Tribe Of The Year - Pick the trbe you thinks been best this year, either through points, personaility or any other way (even include old and gone tribes)

Player of The Year - Choose the player you thinks been best this year. Doesn't have to be a top ranking player if you think someones been great in other ways.

Tribe Leader Of The Year - Who's been the most interesting or best tribe leader? Doesn't have to be duke, can be others with a key role in a tribe.

Forum Personality Of The Year - Which forum poster has been the most informative, amusing or helpful?

War Of The Year - Which war has been the most interesting, enjoyable or bloody?

PNP Of The Year - Which thread has been your favourite?

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year - Which tribe has been among the best and most influential posters?

Please keep this spam free

DeletedUser8775

Tribe: Tophat, has to be, simple for making me laugh so much recently.

Player: True Warrior, Shown himself to be a great and key player.

Tribe leader: JessieCat, clear winner there just for all the advice and support(not support as in troops) he has given me and many other members.

Forum: Melkin, just for the sheer amount of moaning and crying he seems to have been doing here recently.

War of the year: Hmmm? Vs Tophat(if that can be classed as war, the term slaughter seems to fit better)

Tribe forum: Also true warrior he seems to be everywhere! :O also because i couldnt vote myself :( lol

DeletedUser

'Fraid I have to disagree with you about Jessiecat, he led his tribe into a war with ~TS~ whilst still being an ally, that has to make him the lowest of the low, a coward and utterly deceitful, not the sort of leader you would give awards to.
Siampaul gets my vote of Player of the Year, he's been tactical, persistent and thoroughly unreadable, very difficult to second guess him.
Agree with you on Meklin, but for different reasons, he has been informative, concise and accurate with his situation assessments. His knowledge of stats, facts and figures has been spot on, what you call “moaning and crying” was, and is, a genuine complaint about a tribe who back-stabbed an ally, surely you or anyone would complain about that.
Leader of the Year has to be davetheeagle; having had to deal with the dissappointment of an ally suddenly and unexpectedly attacking you, he then had to deal with a former ally, CLOAK, also joining in with the attack. To be able, not only, to rally your tribe but to then hold your own against larger tribes and then lead a fight-back shows more grit and determination than a yard full of turncoat Jessiecats. Dave has led by example, cajoled and encouraged newer members, helped and supported others way past what would normally be expected of a leader.
Finally, Tribe of the Year, this has to go to ~TS~ having sort and been promised a merge with CRUZ to be suddenly and unashamedly attacked by them and their cohorts, CLOAK, the ternacity in which they have responded has been outstanding, perhaps it is the anger of being deceived by those you thought of as friends that has brought them together but for every village that the cowardly CRUZ and CLOAK take ~TS~ have made sure they paid dearly for it. Even if they do not win the award, after what they have endured they will be my Tribe of the Year and it has been a privilege to play alongside of them...they have been outstanding.

DeletedUser7848

Tribe Of The Year - i have 2 say hmmm? dispite wanting to say alo :p jsut such a good tribe

Player of The Year - on oda milestones alone God helldog

Tribe Leader Of The Year - Ruffus for holding such a strong tribe 2gether for so long

Forum Personality Of The Year - not sure on this tbh me? :p lool nah to many people there, not sure who to pick

War Of The Year - well tbh no wars have been interesting most have been 1 very good side vs noobs or just slaughter, i surposed meow vs alo was fun for me mostly cause i was involved and tophat vs hmmm? has been the fastest so 1 of them i cant choose myself

PNP Of The Year - Hmmm? vs Tophat simply most interesting an most funn :p

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year - dunno

DeletedUser

Tribe Of The Year -

ALO appeared from nowhere and took meow a part rather impressively

Player of The Year -

JACKJAY has survived being slated in the externals and attacked by several different tribes not the best player in the world but stands out from the crowd lol

Tribe Leader Of The Year -

The Hmmm? leadership and our great forum mod ruffus ;)

Forum Personality Of The Year -

Kilroy m'kay chicken :) awsome lol

War Of The Year -

Hmmm? vs Tophat / ALO vs Meow none really stands out tho

PNP Of The Year -

Hmmm? Counter Intelligence Network Now Recruiting

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year -

Hmmm? not always influential but always had a presence here

DeletedUser6982

Tribe Of The Year
Tempted to vote for TS obviously, but for me this has to Go to Hmmm? They have proven to be such a dominant force in the world that I don’t think they will ever not be.

Player of The Year
True Warrior – We sit on opposite sides of the fence, but I have total respect for him.

Tribe Leader Of The Year - Doesn't have to be duke.
Versengetorix - Promoted to Warlord of ~TS~ in the opening days of a war when the previous Warlord ran away quit the game (only to join the enemy being played by his son) (honest! yeah right....) Meanwhile Vers has had a baptism of fire and become a well-respected member of the tribe, with a leading voice in Council.

Forum Personality Of The Year.
God HellDog…. Just because….!

War Of The Year.
I considered the Hmmm? Tophat slaughter – but despite being very bloody (on one side) it’s not really been interesting or enjoyable. So I have to go for TS being gangbanged by Cruz and Cloak – Slightly masochistic to say this, but I have genuinely enjoyed the war.

PNP Of The Year.
Diary of a TopHat - Purely because I found it the most entertaining

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year.

Hmmm? Always present – just like in the game!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8514

Tribe Of The Year - Pick the trbe you thinks been best this year, either through points, personaility or any other way (even include old and gone tribes)
hmmm? i know im in it, but other no1 tribes have come and gone, this one is here to stay

Player of The Year - Choose the player you thinks been best this year. Doesn't have to be a top ranking player if you think someones been great in other ways.
for me Godhelldogs oda wins it, but for shear persistence some kind of mention must go to gwennie the welsh, we wiped her from k56, then went after her other villas in k45 and she is still there! a slippery player, has moved tribes more times than i can remember to survive and survive she does. top job

Tribe Leader Of The Year - Who's been the most interesting or best tribe leader? Doesn't have to be duke, can be others with a key role in a tribe.
ruffus and godhelldog top leaders and i cant forget markie b

Forum Personality Of The Year - Which forum poster has been the most informative, amusing or helpful?
its got to be silkgbn aka rc1207 now banned shame

hmmm? v tophat just for the speed and total dominance by hmmm?

godhelldogs dec of war, its great.

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year - Which tribe has been among the best and most influential posters?
hmmm?

DeletedUser

'Fraid I have to disagree with you about Jessiecat, he led his tribe into a war with ~TS~ whilst still being an ally, that has to make him the lowest of the low, a coward and utterly deceitful, not the sort of leader you would give awards to.

Don't be a coward Serpico-you declared on us first(and we were allies) and insulted us, so Jessiecat did right...

DeletedUser

Hmmm?
TrUe WaRrIoR
Ruffus
not sure
Hmmm? vs Tophat
Hmmm? vs Tophat

DeletedUser

1) Hmmm? - Due to longevity.
2) Why? - Awesome set of players!
3) Leon - What could have been......

1) God HellDog - He is a beast!
2) Who Are You? - Awesome simply awesome!
3) Via Dolorosa - Terrific solo player.

1) Cory (Monty Python) - What could have been if he hadn't had to have his operation!
2) God HellDog - A lesson on how to lead by example!
3) Ruffus - The calming influence

1) Meechan - Super special great!
2) Nyk - Da Bomb!
3) pium messor - Could get into a fight in an empty lift :icon_razz:

1) Why? vs Leon - Great early game war between high skilled talented players!
2) Hmmm? vs Tophat - Shame Tophat didn't turn up.
3) Hmmm?/Why? vs EWaR - What could have been!

1) Monkey PnP on sWARm - Great bit of work!
2) My PnP on EWaR - I am not one to big myself up but come on this is awesome! :icon_redface:
3) NYK PnP for Tophat - Good work!

1) Why?
2) Hmmm?
3) Tophat

Don't forget this is supposed to be awards for the year not the last 5 minutes!

DeletedUser2576

Ok, back to the topic.

Hmmm? They have managed to hold it together and have kept their dominant position

For me it isn't GodHellDog although the ODA is fantastic, but Meklin of ~TS~. Which i'm sure many of my CRUZ tribemates won't agree with. He has made some very good diplomatic moves and has so far been one of the most successful ~TS~ players defending his villages. He has been vastly outnumbered but has fought well.

For me it has to be Zider of CLOAK. He has lead his tribe well and they have gone from success to success.Many may critise for fighting one-sided wars, but why should anyone fight fair. Use any advantage you can get.

GodHellDog for a number of reasons. He usually has something intelligent to say and his PnP was very good. A regular presense on here. Something most tribes should have.

CLOAK/CRUZ vs ~TS~. Mainly because i have fought in it. Lets face it it's why we play this game.

Hmmm? vs Tophat. Many have said so and i'm sure more will. An excellent PnP.

DeletedUser

Hmmm?
Why?
Leon!

Sadaron Dusaro
Who are you?
Hammer235

Cory
ElSee
Ruffus
GodHellDog

Meechan10
Monkey
Blik
Hammer
GHD

Leon! vs Why?
Why? vs EWaR and the noob company

Declaration on TopHat by Hmmm?
My PnP
Via's PnP on Why?

Why?

DeletedUser

for me the best war was SV v JOKS well lead by Jon, smekykai and dietogether ( where is he)
Best tribe leader is Ruffus - sorry GHD

DeletedUser3194

Tribe Of The Year - Pick the tribe you thinks been best this year, either through points, personaility or any other way (even include old and gone tribes)

1 - Has to be Hmmm?, seem to be running away with this world.
2 - Why?, i had the pleasure of being in this tribe and it was superbly lead by Cory and Elsee, could have gone on to dominate.
3 - ALO, not sure where these guys have come from but are doing well up North.

1 - God Helldog
2 - Hammer235 (When Chip was still on the account)
3 - who are you

1 - Ruffus
2 - God Helldog
3 - Cory
4 - Elsee

1 - Meechan10
2 - God Helldog
3 - Kilroy (might not be everyone's cup of tea though :xmas_wink:)
4 - Planet Solstice

1 - Hmmm? vs Tophat
2 - Why? vs LEON!
3 - SLAP! vs Avaz

1 - Why? PnP on sWARm
2 - NYK PnP on Tophat

1 - Why?

DeletedUser

SLAP! - I will openly admit that they were a bunch of highly skilled players.

J3east - the name hints at this chaps abilities.

Ruffus - He has had successes in multiple worlds leading tribes, and that has to be both respected and admired.

Jojomodjo - Ah, I remember the days when the two of us were arch-nemeses on W1, our mind-games and propaganda were fantastic. I'm glad that she has been by my side on W5; she is very hard to debate against . . . erm, just don't tell her I said that.

Hmmm? Vs Tophat - Yes, it has been one-sided (and I shall not reflect on the why's or why-nots on this thread) but the fact that there has finally been some action on W5 is a welcome relief, and I believe the World will take a very interesting turn due to this war in the comings weeks.

Anything by Blik

Avaz - Jojo, Rc1207, Clamju, Sirihar, Adellion, Kashmir Tuchas (Xel Nadar) and myself . . . that is a pretty undefeatable combination, I'm afraid.

Kilroy

DeletedUser

SLAP! - I will openly admit that they were a bunch of highly skilled players.

The remake will be back in Summer '11. To take over UK8/UK9. Hang on to your hats, not much longer.

:icon_wink:

My Opinion:

Hmmm?, because they have held out and attacked even though this world's settings are terrible.

J3east as well, top man, deserves to go far. Only <3 for Lee and Rob.

God Helldog - He has done very well for himself and his tribe in this world.

No idea, don't remember many active posters. I would say Rc1207 just because of the entertainment value.

None really. SLAP! vs. Avaz was pretty cool forum-wise though.

Monkey's first one.

SLAP! ;) Gained momentum from the public very quickly in our little wars.

Underwater.

DeletedUser2961

Would have to be Meow in the beginning when it was duked by shaun1102 and imushroom

Superhamster, just an all round nice guy and a brilliant player

oo, spoilt for choice here. Obviously Shaun1102 and imushrooms for dukes, they went and so did morale and eventually tribe.
Key roles, again, Superhamster, he pushes and is often a driving force in most situations (either that or he just liked being masterful!!)

Well, that would have to defo go to kilroy and jojo!! Cant seperate the two, they're like a tag team. Im glad Im on their friends list is all Im gonna say!

NONE!!! Dont think Ive been involved in a decent one on this world, glad Im checking out and concentrating on W1N and W1.

Cant remember what it was about, but jojomodjo started one, will find it in a minute, but I laughed so hard. I think jojo's pnp's need to come with a government health warning and possibly incontinence pants - luv ya jojo xx.

Avaz - period - end of

DeletedUser1410

Tribe Of The Year -

Hmmm? Have to say in my eyes Hmmm? have been the best tribe to date on Uk5

Player of The Year -

Winner = God Helldog, one of the best players I've been in a tribe with Top ODA and Points

Tribe Leader Of The Year -

Winner = Ruffus, I started Hmmm? and I'm a duke there, But the planning and running of the tribe goes down to God Helldog

Forum Personality Of The Year -

Winner = Meechan

War Of The Year -

Winner ( by a long way ) = Hmmm? V's TopHat

PNP Of The Year -

Winner = Hmmm? declare on TopHat, Well done to God Helldog on the PnP of the year

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year -

Winners = Were Hmmm? and Why?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well done to all that have taken the time to fill this in.

So the year comes to an end, Villages fall silent as the many close there doors on another year, A year that saw tribes come and tribes go.
A year were wars started and ended in bloody battles, with man and beast slain. And Hmmm? become number one.
With more battles and more blood shed to come, some things will remain the same, nukes will be sent to there deaths and troops will rally, to save villages, in the name of there tribe. Lets play the game and play it in the spirit it was ment to be played
At the end of this year 2010 AD we give thanks to the war God's and hope that we the few are as skilled as we have been this year.
To one and all, Respect and Happy New Year
Good will to all