UK5 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Since World 5 settings and start date have just been announced please keep all discussions and thoughts regarding its settings here until such time as the W5 forum has been created to reduce overall spam and clutter in the forum.

DeletedUser

heh.

Well, the settings are uhm... different.

Not too great personally as well :?

Meh.

DeletedUser

Well, if your a good player, you wouldn't mind what the settings are, would you :icon_wink:

It's all about personal preference.

I dislike speed 1, archers, large barbs, fake limit, moral, no demolishing of buildings is... odd, and the loyalty will probably just seem an annoyance.

But I'm not too surprised at the settings :x

/edit; Just saw No tribal member limit |:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
heh.

Well, the settings are uhm... different.

Not too great personally as well :?

Meh.

Quite fond of them to be honest.

No milliseconds and 19-40 loyalty loss in conjunction with packages requires people to play differently than normal.

Never been a fan of paladin.

Not a huge fan of archer or simple tech, but neither is a game breaker.

Last 20 worlds or so in a row have had directional choice.

Speed 1's slow enough I don't have to sell my soul to the TW Gods (TM) to do well.

Not a huge fan of big barbs, but they do make good farms.

Love time based morale, almost as much as no morale.

Tribe limit means very little anyway. Go look at W6, has no limit, only one top 20 tribe with over 100 members.

No demo is interesting, will have to cat myself back to 20 HQ after I noble.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

No tribe limit, and 7k barbs :icon_eek: barb nobling tribal hugging ftw.

DeletedUser

Would've preferred coins to packets, and the lack of demo is a problem. Pally not being there is great, that means no noobs with bonfires pwning superior players due to some cheap gimmick.

No morale is obviously the best, but time-based morale isn't too bad I suppose.

The 7k barbs is good long-term; it negates the incentive to farm, so its more likely the rank 1 player will be a good fighter, rather than an epic pointwhore. Farming has always led to inactivity, so by negating the necessity to farm late-game, activity will hopefully increase. Since people will noble 7k barbs rather than farm them.

Good to have the lack of churches and army camps; tbh, the new features serve to benefit those weaker than you.

The lack of starting direction will disfavour premades however that choose not to start in the core, making the core initially stronger, and the rim weaker.

Would like to see a coin world with similar settings, but maybe bring back the demolition feature to save tedious attacks from catapults. Is there any possibility that the paladin can be brought back with the old weapons (i.e. before the bonfire became stupidly overpowered?)

~Ad

Nauzhror

Reaction score
No tribe limit, and 7k barbs :icon_eek: barb nobling tribal hugging ftw.

No tribe limit's honestly not that big of an issue:

46top20.PNG

Those tribes are not huge and that world has no tribe limit.

DeletedUser

no demolish? so cat is just to help rams against wall? but it's good to be not rimmed to 0 points lol

DeletedUser

You can still demolish with catapults, just not self demolish with hq 15+

DeletedUser

I don't know what to think to be honest, the no millisecond thing is funny, can you still snipe?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I don't know what to think to be honest, the no millisecond thing is funny, can you still snipe?

Nope, not if they all land the same second. Essentially you better make enough D in your first village to be able to stack with a few tribemates to make an attacker's offense go SPLAT. Either that or be first to a noble train in your neighborhood as you will not be splitting any train sent by a good player.

DeletedUser1528

Like the settings but the big barbs will cause noobs to get too big, and it will also encourage major tribe hugging.

Like the no morale, but have they got the attacker:defender ratio backwards???

DeletedUser

Nope, not if they all land the same second. Essentially you better make enough D in your first village to be able to stack with a few tribemates to make an attacker's offense go SPLAT. Either that or be first to a noble train in your neighborhood as you will not be splitting any train sent by a good player.

so it is actually like I played before I knew about sniping ^^

DeletedUser

"No milliseconds"

Heard rumours of this earlier apparently leaked through skype but still not quite understanding how it works...
"Packages"
Doesn't make much difference to me but slightly preferred to coins
"Automatically growing barb villages up to 7000 points"
As long as they take their time to get there - the noobs will be gone by then.
"No choice of starting direction at the start"
Pre-made tribes out the window?

DeletedUser

"No milliseconds"

Heard rumours of this earlier apparently leaked through skype but still not quite understanding how it works...
"Packages"
Doesn't make much difference to me but slightly preferred to coins
"Automatically growing barb villages up to 7000 points"
As long as they take their time to get there - the noobs will be gone by then.
"No choice of starting direction at the start"
Pre-made tribes out the window?

A good premade will be able to survive the standard premade will fail

DeletedUser

A good premade will be able to survive the standard premade will fail

Perhaps, but not much point having a tribe where all the players are days apart in my opinion.
Wouldn't you agree?
Even if later on they started to noble towards each other not a lot of tribal ops will be going on - a war with a South East tribe would be useless to a South West player.
Unless they warred other pre-mades who are spread out all over the place :icon_neutral:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Perhaps, but not much point having a tribe where all the players are days apart in my opinion.
Wouldn't you agree?

I saw it happen on W17 of .net, I played that world not being in a premade ore whatsoever, but CHE!!! a premade was able to survive some people relocated with first nobles coming out, of course a premade tribe that makes the choice of relocating isn't the strongest in the beginning, but you know for sure the players that stay are probably for the long run.

Another great thing about it, is the part that you see allot of recruitment of unknown players, and not a tribe that contains of only über awesome premade player, cause those tribes fall apart most of the time when a few leave :)

DeletedUser

Nauzhror ,you want to play in this world ? if you play ,i offer to be your coplayer 4 hours every day .:)

DeletedUser

I think UK should take a leaf out of Nets book and have some player voted worlds...

Status
Not open for further replies.