UK7 Teaching Tribe - Uncertain (?!?)

DeletedUser

I might consider teaching if ade is one of my students :lol:

DeletedUser

If luca is teaching I will be a student ... :p

but thanks in advance

DeletedUser

Yes mate i would be interested. Ive played worlds 2, 4 ,5 and six and followed growth guides but im sick of seeing people round me growing rapid and me not so rapid.
cheers derek.

DeletedUser

I shall be helping out. This should be fun and relaxed, something I miss.

DeletedUser6775

im interested in a student roll need to get my start up sorted as it a bit poor to be truthful

DeletedUser

For people I don't have skype's of, please, please, please add me as I am setting up the chat and I don't wanna miss anyone out

and One Hit KO, as far as I know, you will be better off as a teacher

DeletedUser1511

To stop my usual trolling for a second and actualy make a useful post.
There seems to be a few core issues with the idea of this Teaching tribe.
The idea of having Students and Teachers is something i personally agree with.
If you pair up each student with a teacher, then that would be a much more productive experience, than a format where we will watch you and tell you where you are going wrong, but maybe have 2 people with 2 different conflicting styles ect.

Having a format where by you have say 10 players teach 10 players would be more productive than 10 players teach 30.
I not not saying you intend to have a ratio of 1:3, but i am saying, that students should be chosen based on the number of "teachers" available, then have the students ask other players once they are more conformatable, so they can develop a play style which suits them.

I have always found that the idea of posting a load of guides on tribe forums as stupid. Tribalwars is something that should either be self -taught, then refined maybe through help or through sheer trial and error. Or be taught off the batt. Most guides corrupt players, and you end up with absurd notions such as
Full o players, plays who dont sit since they dont get sat, "late game players" ect.

The only guides which should ever be posted on a tribal forum are technical guides. Such as, how to set up opera trains, how to use scripts. Even with stuff such as sniping, with the use of software such as teamviewer, teaching can be a lot more personal and productive.

The other thing that bugged me is the absurd idea that a teaching tribe should not chase the rankings.
I think the opposite, the idea that a player should be playing badly, because they are "teaching" people makes sense.
Lead by example, even teaching tribes can be competitive. There is not one reason why they shouldnt be...

Nauzhror

Reaction score
The other thing that bugged me is the absurd idea that a teaching tribe should not chase the rankings.
I think the opposite, the idea that a player should be playing badly, because they are "teaching" people makes sense.
Lead by example, even teaching tribes can be competitive. There is not one reason why they shouldnt be...

I think you can have teachers that aren't active enough to do amazingly well on their own accounts. But, and this is a big but. I agree with you solely because if the teadcher is doing a good job the students should be high ranked even if the teacher himself is not.

wardyuc said:
plays who dont sit since they dont get sat

That doesn't actually bother me. I don't use sitters, and don't sit other people either. Point of the game for me is to have fun. Playing one account is already somewhat akin to a job. Playing two or three is more work than my job. When sitting people regularly the game is no longer fun for me, and if the game is not going to be fun, I would rather not be playing it at all. Very much my belief that if you don't have the the capability to play your own account without needing sitters (should be noted I mean on a nightly basis, I'm more than willing to sit and split a train, or do something on an irregular basis) then you should either do as best as you can solo even if that isn't very good, or you should co-play, both options are far more polite to the tribe than expecting someone else to play your account every night in addition to their own.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Thanks wardy, I will try and take in as many of those things as I possibly can. Right now, I am trying to get players that are maybe not going to participate in the world but help out on skype, etc.

(one of those players is Petar)

DeletedUser1511

That doesn't actually bother me. I don't use sitters, and don't sit other people either. Point of the game for me is to have fun. Playing one account is already somewhat akin to a job. Playing two or three is more work than my job. When sitting people regularly the game is no longer fun for me, and if the game is not going to be fun, I would rather not be playing it at all. Very much my belief that if you don't have the the capability to play your own account without needing sitters (should be noted I mean on a nightly basis, I'm more than willing to sit and split a train, or do something on an irregular basis) then you should either do as best as you can solo even if that isn't very good, or you should co-play, both options are far more polite to the tribe than expecting someone else to play your account every night in addition to their own.
In all honesty i think there is a difference between sitting people and partly playing their account for them.
If someone is going away for 3 days i may help sit them, but even then i will do the bare minimum of farming, as well as try to keep their account from getting rimmed. That is what sitting is for me.

I think the idea of people asking for tribal sitters to farm for them is dumb. But there is a difference between sitting those who are away, and playing peoples account for them. I personally think anyone who chooses to play solo then asking for night sitting, and expects farming to be done, without having a prior arrangement with the player, such as co sitting or whatever, should be kicked from a tribe on the basis of being an idiot.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
If someone is going away for 3 days i may help sit them, but even then i will do the bare minimum of farming, as well as try to keep their account from getting rimmed. That is what sitting is for me.

In that case I agree, I'm more than willing to do that, and would expect my tribemates to help out with such sittings as well. I had assumed you were saying that not wanting to night sit people and farm for them every night was bad.

DeletedUser

Hey NYK, I'd like to sign up please (put me where ever you feel necessary - but not in the teacher section, because I suck, (I think?))

DeletedUser

Hey, I sent you a message over skype but your not online, but i would love to join. I've already talked to Ruffus :)

So yeah, i'd love to talk to you, and i guess i'll see you there ;)