UK9 Discussion thread

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Dammit, looks like my break from TW ends June 6th.

Edit: Morale says 20:1 for 45 days, does that mean morale is off, or that 20:1 is on in addition to morale being on?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

You quite clearly didn't considering you are posting? trololol an admin:icon_wink:

These settings might be.. interesting..

Nah, I'm sure they still have forums in TW Heaven :icon_rolleyes: trololol a random person

And these settings WILL be interesting, I don't think I could have asked for better settings besides 1 minute attack gaps and a "farming limit" :icon_razz:

DeletedUser4

Dammit, looks like my break from TW ends June 6th.

Edit: Morale says 20:1 for 45 days, does that mean morale is off, or that 20:1 is on in addition to morale being on?

[tt]Points based 20:1 for 45 days [/tt]

Nauzhror

Reaction score
[tt]Points based 20:1 for 45 days [/tt]

Aww, crap, was hoping it meant 20:1 on, but that morale was off.

EDIT: Point-Based morale is on forever correct. not just for the first 45 days as well? (I am assuming that it is, but W53 on .net had morale when the world started and then later had it removed).

Last edited:

DeletedUser4

Aww, crap, was hoping it meant 20:1 on, but that morale was off.

EDIT: Point-Based morale is on forever correct. not just for the first 45 days as well? (I am assuming that it is, but W53 on .net had morale when the world started and then later had it removed).

[tt]Im happy to discuss a time limit under which this is turned off for good but not tonight its 3.15 am pm me![/tt]

DeletedUser

20:1 is on for 45 days from the start of the world, or each account can be protected by the 20:1 rule for it's first 45 days?
The latter would actually make a bit of sense though I still think it is fairly pointless, if there is just 20:1 for 45 days at the start of the world then it is entirely pointless and just pointlessly protects inactive players, if any of them ever do log back in again, they will grow to big to be protected and the rule becomes pointless again.

Points based morale is rather stupid in my opinion, why should people be penalised for growing faster than others?

DeletedUser1511

[tt]Im happy to discuss a time limit under which this is turned off for good but not tonight its 3.15 am pm me![/tt]

Please do. Not 3 months like world 53 though....Say after 45 days. 45 days is more than long enough given how slow a .5 build will be.:icon_sad:

Oh and since this starts on the date of my last exam. I am up for this, now to get the rest of those fools to join me

DeletedUser6695

Does that mean all the .net noobies are gonna come over like w3?

Also why is .5 speed so sought after?

/ Cf haz never played .5

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Also why is .5 speed so sought after?

Technically it's the least popular speed among new players, but it's very well liked among the players that have played for years and no longer wish to devote a large amount of time to a game, or to those who work, and as such can't devote a large amount of time to a game. Essentially it requires much less activity, and as such makes the game more about strategy andskill than activity abuse, which also makes it easier for solo-played accounts to keep pace with their co-played counterparts.

DeletedUser

i think some of the rules are stupid, like tribe limit 20 or not allowed to support people or not choosing where you go.
was there a survey for these settings???????!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

i think some of the rules are stupid, like tribe limit 20 or not allowed to support people or not choosing where you go.
was there a survey for these settings???????!!!!!!!

No, and thank goodness. Not every world needs to be a copy of UK8. Not all worlds necessarily need to cater to the masses.

DeletedUser

I love the settings, may have to have a go on uk9 when it starts.

Moral disabled/ending after 45 days would be ideal imo.

DeletedUser1511

to be honest 0.5/2 is way too slow for someone playing tw to kill time. Its just that the list of decent settings forces us to grasp onto this one.
That said without morale i suppose it is more than good enough to be fun

DeletedUser

wish they would have made it start a little later, half of us still have exams till the end of june :(

DeletedUser4147

wish they would have made it start a little later, half of us still have exams till the end of june :(

Date of my last exam... june 30th, so yea, bad time for me too. In fact, 1st exam is june 6th, which is just worse :lol:

No no no, start time is perfect!

If they said july 6th i'd be on it like a rash. If i play i can see my slowest ever start-up occuring. *or a rim acc a good a month late*