Under 5k villages lvl 30 farms

• Thread starter DeletedUser5293
  • Start date

DeletedUser5293

Hi

I am not what you will call an expert in TW, but in my short stint here i have encountered players who have villages which are sub 5k or round about there but level 30 farms.

Is this a good practice?
Do possible Troop heavy villas deter attacks?
Or is it High point villas are more of a deterrence?

I am not sure!!!

What do you guys think?

DeletedUser

I do not have enough expirence to give an answer or even vaild opinion at that but would really like to know the main stream thought on this too! Personally I can't see it being bad practice :S, so long as there are troops to fill such a farm?

DeletedUser

Depends on the individual.

Some are more scared by points, while others aren't.

If the player with high points is known to be a point whore, then not really. It's an easy take village.

If the player with high points is known to be a troop whore, then more likely yes. Only way to win is by constant bashing and hoping you have more troops and smarter then that player. Overall a better player then that individual also otherwise you might be beaten back and destroyed. Also depends on what stage of the game you are at.

DeletedUser

This matter is all to do with activity and farming.
If you are actively farming i much prefer to go for the level 30 farm / allows you to attack high point players with less losses but if you aren't active i say a level 30 farm under 5k is not a smart idea as it is only worth having if you have troops fulling it :)

DeletedUser

Its a tough one to call really...

Id say that a level 5K village having a level 30 Farm would be bad practice if that player only has a few villages, and is still fighting for control of his various 15x15's and farming areas.

The other, (and i think just as important) buildings such as the Barracks and Resource buildings, should have just as much attention paid to them, as the Farm.
Massive nukes are great, but without the ability to produce resources and more farming troops fast should you lose that nuke, and subsequently your LC for farming, you could be in all kinds of trouble, early on.

But then again, after you have control of many of your surrounding 15x15's and have several villages to send troops and resources from for certain Ops, then maxing the Farm early on, might help you out in the long run, seeing as maxing this building out can be a real pain is the ass, lol.

Verdict:

Maxing out the farm with LESS then 5 villages - Bad.
Maxing out the farm with MORE then 5 villages - Good.

Id also say that trying to capture villages that ALREADY have a level 30 Farm, might be easier then having to wait 2 months to build it up yourself. :icon_wink:

That's what i think anyway. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

depends on how the player is
if the player has been actively growing while being able to get a level 30 farm why not it means they can clear a first big target and get a good 2nd village

DeletedUser5293

Id also say that trying to capture villages that ALREADY have a level 30 Farm, might be easier then having to wait 2 months to build it up yourself.
I totally agree to this, but if the guy has gone defence then it might take a little more hard work.

And thanks to for all the replies, its nice to have a variety of perspective on the matter.

DeletedUser

The farm is a building that serves no function other than allow the production of other buildings and troops. Comparing points of a village to what size farm it needs kind of irrelevant, if the farm space is running out you upgrade it, simple. There is no point upgrading the farm when you have lots of room in the village. So if a village with 5000 points has a lvl 30 farm that is actually needed then IMO top job, if however someone has upgraded it for the sake of it aka, using 12000 farm space and queues a lvl 30 farm then they are wasting HQ time that could be put to better use *cough stables cough*. A more common mistake/ worse mistake I see constantly is people having to stop troop production because they have not upgraded their farm in time.

Personally, I prefer to upgrade my stables to lvl 20 and barracks to lvl 25 before anything else and maintain 24/7 troop production at all times, this means I pretty much end up having to upgrade the farm daily anyway regardless of the village size.

To answer your original question,
To me a Lvl 30 farm is more of a deterrent than a high point village. In fact IMO a high point village without a lvl 30 farm is just asking for trouble.

DeletedUser

Of course it all depends on the player. I get to 27/28 farm before nobling, but normally noble at around 5k...unlike some people who noble with all 300 lc they have
:D

DeletedUser3227

lvl 30 farms are a must, 5k, 7k whatever, i think its great to have, more troops = bigger nukes ;)

DeletedUser

more troops is always better! i think low point vills are a good thing for moral issues imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In this issue you can't say what's good or bad.

I myself, for example, had a lvl 30 farm before I started nobling. You need Lc to farm and Lc needs farm spaces. It's as simple as that.

DeletedUser5293

Let me take this a bit off topic, just a bit though

I might be wrong or spot on,
but defensive builds with Lvl 30 farms will be more if a challenge than offensive builds, this might be due to i have seen you can sustain a 25 lvl barracks with active farming to continue build defense.
They act FAST AND FURIOUS.

DeletedUser

If they are full, I don't see anything wrong with having Level 30 Farm before 5K points. Troops matter more than points anyday.

Comparing points of a village to what size farm it needs kind of irrelevant, if the farm space is running out you upgrade it, simple. There is no point upgrading the farm when you have lots of room in the village...

To me a Lvl 30 farm is more of a deterrent than a high point village. In fact IMO a high point village without a lvl 30 farm is just asking for trouble.

Perfect.

- Vic

DeletedUser

The farm is a building that serves no function other than allow the production of other buildings and troops. Comparing points of a village to what size farm it needs kind of irrelevant, if the farm space is running out you upgrade it, simple. There is no point upgrading the farm when you have lots of room in the village. So if a village with 5000 points has a lvl 30 farm that is actually needed then IMO top job, if however someone has upgraded it for the sake of it aka, using 12000 farm space and queues a lvl 30 farm then they are wasting HQ time that could be put to better use *cough stables cough*. A more common mistake/ worse mistake I see constantly is people having to stop troop production because they have not upgraded their farm in time.

Personally, I prefer to upgrade my stables to lvl 20 and barracks to lvl 25 before anything else and maintain 24/7 troop production at all times, this means I pretty much end up having to upgrade the farm daily anyway regardless of the village size.

I totally agree SamualJW. I ONLY EVER upgrade my farm when I need to...I concentrate on troops too.

You do have to keep a close eye on it so you upgrade your farm in time...as you suggest.

DeletedUser5296

The only time I've willingly kept a village at about 3-4k points and had a farm at 30 was on W41 .net server. The situation was our tribe was a goner and I was playing just for fun. Kept building pop. at 900 and maxed out troops. Held off for a long time.

DeletedUser

you pretty much have a farm update everyday after 24 farm or so even with a 23+ hq that is