Version 8 Planning ~ Your input

DeletedUser4

Q3 End August – Q4 End October

Version 8.0

Production of 8.0 starts in the end of August. Will be parted up in 8 sprints, each sprint on Beta every week for testing to increase quality
Roll out is planned for the start of November
Addition of usability and consistency of various features
Focus on Tribe and Team work features
Improving old features and making them better
Implementation of some of the most popular and used user-scripts
Our new End-Game feature, which will be a major feature

[tt]Above is a quote taken from the Dev Blog so its over to you for sensible ideas which focus on the points raised above that I can put forward for inclusion in this update

All ideas that sound sensible/feasible if they are posted with reasons how/suggestions for will go to a vote and the ones receiving good support from the community will be put forward.[/tt]

DeletedUser

There is at least one thread with loads of ideas put forward for inclusion of new features. functionality, tweaks and improvements. I would add a few comments here, some of which are reminders of those put forward previously, some are new thoughts.

Many have suggested tribal attack and expansion/ defense organisation tools especially a better map (improved since the suggestion was made but it can be improved further to assist with tribal/ squad planning).

One touch resource balancing is a must now. It just takes too long. Some people have the time to do this and farming, lucky them. For the majority however and to keep player numbers up rather than force them down by putting single users at a further disadvantage how about simplifying this so it is not a huge chore.

Same thing for automatically tagging incoming attacks. You can effectively do this with a script now so why not just open it out and let the system do it automatically. Coplaying accounts don't really need it so why make it harder for solo players by not doing this.

Pop up window for the map overview for inclusion of not only name, last attack report link etc but also when attacks/ support are landing and from where/ what you have sent? Similar - have a way to name/ tag the village so you can see without leaving the map whether it is, clear/ stacked, a church, one to fake, next to noble etc.

I thought the suggestion about buying resources rather than having to trade a good one. It would help a lot of people and also mean you do not have to publicise your activity/ needs.

The simulator needs a tweak for paladin worlds where you may find more than one paladin in a village.

I appreciate the variety the luck factor gives but I don't think this actually adds any fun. For me Luck is a frustration whether lucky or not and I think it should be deactivated.

Would be nice to see on the map where troops are coming from/ walking to somehow.

Instant mail would be a bonus. How about as a tickertape along the bottom of the screen? (like the breaking news stories on CNN type News channels)

The village walls and base defence need to be tougher. Would be nice if you could assign cats to hit different targets in a village in the same visit. (ie if you send 200 cats, 100 aim at the HQ and 100 at the Barracks etc)

I think you should get ODA for effectively killing troops not at home by ennoblement. Similarly, if you are supporting and your troops kill attacks aimed at your tribemate how about after a week or so the ODA recalculates to reflect who actually killed what.

I would love to be able to play this on my smart phone and my Ipad but the mobile versions are just insufficient for anything more than checking your mail really. Playing with the normal view on a touchscreen is very difficult due to location of buttons and their size as well as the resizing image issues that come up.

Would be nice if the rules can be enforced a little more openly and fairly. How about letting the users of a world have a say in deciding the fate of another user?

The blog does not give very much info about what is actually planned so I am not sure how the users on this server can add much to the threads already out there. What for example is the end game feature?

Big ask - This game would be a bit easier for all if there were a map based strategy board that is interactive. I am thinking of the map view in the Shogun Art of War games. If anyone has seen it and would like to be able to pick up a nuke and drag it to an enemy village to make an attack that would be much better in my view. You could have an option to send fewer troops for farming etc. If smooth it should speed up play a lot.

The option to cancel attacks/ resource sending etc is useful for some things but not really needed in my view and not adding anything particularly. Yes I am aware that you can use this to your advantage -
1. when attacking but it is not very realistic unless you send some scouts along to get the message to your army that they should come back in which case there should be the troops to do it and the travel delay to put in as well/ they have mobile phones or
2. when dodging. If a visiting army came to a village and there was seemingly no-one there, they would not just knock a lump off the wall and any other building their cats where ordered to hit before leaving with all the resources they could carry. Realistically they would stay and occupy or subdue any natives until they could be converted. The whole dodge thing then is a bit silly. If you do dodge i think you should effectively have to fight your way back in to eject the visitors if you are not going to or able to meet them head on. An option to convert O troops to D troops could be an option. Again realistically this is dropping tools and armour and picking up other equipment issue and not really a breeding/ training issue. Possibility of a change troop type option/ cost/ tax?

Finally, before this is released can it be properly tested so it works from day one.

DeletedUser4

There is at least one thread with loads of ideas put forward for inclusion of new features. functionality, tweaks and improvements. I would add a few comments here, some of which are reminders of those put forward previously, some are new thoughts.

[tt]I realise theres other threads however, Im trying to gain more input and keep it all in one place [/tt]

Many have suggested tribal attack and expansion/ defense organisation tools especially a better map (improved since the suggestion was made but it can be improved further to assist with tribal/ squad planning).

[tt]It needs expanding on what should the improvements be to allow tribal/squad planning? [/tt]

One touch resource balancing is a must now. It just takes too long. Some people have the time to do this and farming, lucky them. For the majority however and to keep player numbers up rather than force them down by putting single users at a further disadvantage how about simplifying this so it is not a huge chore.

[tt]How do you see this working?[/tt]

Same thing for automatically tagging incoming attacks. You can effectively do this with a script now so why not just open it out and let the system do it automatically. Coplaying accounts don't really need it so why make it harder for solo players by not doing this.

[tt]How do you see this working regarding the tagging? would it be a button or just something thats done automatically? as for coplaying how would you see us being able to stop it not everyone has the option of a fixed ip address?[/tt]

Pop up window for the map overview for inclusion of not only name, last attack report link etc but also when attacks/ support are landing and from where/ what you have sent? Similar - have a way to name/ tag the village so you can see without leaving the map whether it is, clear/ stacked, a church, one to fake, next to noble etc.

[tt]So you asking for more choice with regards to what is already offered as pop up information, extending the boxes that come up now instead of making something different?[/tt]

I thought the suggestion about buying resources rather than having to trade a good one. It would help a lot of people and also mean you do not have to publicise your activity/ needs.

[tt]Uk will not have any of the premium purchase options[/tt]

The simulator needs a tweak for paladin worlds where you may find more than one paladin in a village.

[tt]Will forward that bug/tweak[/tt]

I appreciate the variety the luck factor gives but I don't think this actually adds any fun. For me Luck is a frustration whether lucky or not and I think it should be deactivated.

[tt]Can suggest the option to deactivate luck if we get enough backing (will explain at the end of this reply and add it to main post also)[/tt]

Would be nice to see on the map where troops are coming from/ walking to somehow.

[tt]Again suggestions how? [/tt]

Instant mail would be a bonus. How about as a tickertape along the bottom of the screen? (like the breaking news stories on CNN type News channels)

[tt]Already been suggested[/tt]

The village walls and base defence need to be tougher. Would be nice if you could assign cats to hit different targets in a village in the same visit. (ie if you send 200 cats, 100 aim at the HQ and 100 at the Barracks etc)

[tt]Will be added to the list for backing [/tt]

I think you should get ODA for effectively killing troops not at home by ennoblement. Similarly, if you are supporting and your troops kill attacks aimed at your tribemate how about after a week or so the ODA recalculates to reflect who actually killed what.

[tt]Will be added to the list for backing [/tt]

I would love to be able to play this on my smart phone and my Ipad but the mobile versions are just insufficient for anything more than checking your mail really. Playing with the normal view on a touchscreen is very difficult due to location of buttons and their size as well as the resizing image issues that come up.

[tt]The iphone app is already being developed but it takes time, latest planned release date so far is end of August.[/tt]

Would be nice if the rules can be enforced a little more openly and fairly. How about letting the users of a world have a say in deciding the fate of another user?

[tt]This is not something that comes under the v8.0 update options[/tt]

The blog does not give very much info about what is actually planned so I am not sure how the users on this server can add much to the threads already out there. What for example is the end game feature?

[tt]End game features are ideas of ways to end a world, like we have on 8 and 9 [/tt]

Big ask - This game would be a bit easier for all if there were a map based strategy board that is interactive. I am thinking of the map view in the Shogun Art of War games. If anyone has seen it and would like to be able to pick up a nuke and drag it to an enemy village to make an attack that would be much better in my view. You could have an option to send fewer troops for farming etc. If smooth it should speed up play a lot.

[tt]Can you expand on this further? maybe get images so people understand what you talking about?[/tt]

The option to cancel attacks/ resource sending etc is useful for some things but not really needed in my view and not adding anything particularly. Yes I am aware that you can use this to your advantage -
1. when attacking but it is not very realistic unless you send some scouts along to get the message to your army that they should come back in which case there should be the troops to do it and the travel delay to put in as well/ they have mobile phones or
2. when dodging. If a visiting army came to a village and there was seemingly no-one there, they would not just knock a lump off the wall and any other building their cats where ordered to hit before leaving with all the resources they could carry. Realistically they would stay and occupy or subdue any natives until they could be converted. The whole dodge thing then is a bit silly. If you do dodge i think you should effectively have to fight your way back in to eject the visitors if you are not going to or able to meet them head on. An option to convert O troops to D troops could be an option. Again realistically this is dropping tools and armour and picking up other equipment issue and not really a breeding/ training issue. Possibility of a change troop type option/ cost/ tax?

[tt]Can you expand on this more? [/tt]

Finally, before this is released can it be properly tested so it works from day one.

[tt]All issues are tested on the beta server prior to release which your welcome to use www.beta.tribalwars.net

All ideas that sound sensible/feasible if they are posted with reasons how/suggestions for will go to a vote and the ones receiving good support from the community will be put forward.[/tt]

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if this was what Hannibal meant when he said buying resources, but I would like to see an option to trade resources on the market without having to go through other players. e.g. You have surplus clay and not enough iron, so you trade away 5k clay on the market at a 5:1 ratio for 1k iron. Make the ratio high enough that you would want to go through players, but allow you to balance resources using such a method if needed.

DeletedUser

Something I would like to see is farm limit on normal worlds so that the attacker has a bit more of a benefit compared to usual, spices up the game and encourages people to WAR each other. (as the name of the game is Tribal WARS).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In-game forums should have a view unread option or/and the ability to tell which posts are read/unread.

There should be more interesting endgame scenarios, an idea i have seen on other games (like grepolis, another innogames game) is world wonders ( a hard to build building, when it is built the first tribe to do so wins). It doesn't have to be world wonders but something like that. Another idea is to have certain vills set throughout the world, whoever conquers them all (as a tribe) wins.

An option to build many gold coins at once (without premium but only in the selected vil) perhaps.

DeletedUser

Focus on Tribe and Team work features
*cough* Army Camps*cough*

I know this is probably the last thing you (Tracey) want to discuss given the grief you suffered after their removal was announced, but I'm going to add my *cough* to CF's. Army camps were brilliant. They added so much to the team play aspect and brought in loads of strategic options. It is such a shame that you were unable to keep them going for long. I suspect we had hardly begun to figure out the different ways of using them. I know there were very good reasons for abandoning them in their original form, but might it be possible to look again at developing them? You have brought in some pretty fancy improvements and additions since they were introduced, I can't believe there isn't a way to have a similar feature that doesn't cause the server issues you experienced.

If they can't be done then they can't be done, but they were fantastic while we had them.

DeletedUser

Additions for Tribal permissions:-
  • Ability to only allow certain members to make war decs
  • Ability to only allow certain members to cancel Noble Claims
MAPS:-
  • Ability to colour different tribes in one colour rather than Blue, Purple, Red. Makes identifying targets easier.

DeletedUser

In-game forums should have a view unread option or/and the ability to tell which posts are read/unread.

There should be more interesting endgame scenarios, an idea i have seen on other games (like grepolis, another innogames game) is world wonders ( a hard to build building, when it is built the first tribe to do so wins). It doesn't have to be world wonders but something like that. Another idea is to have certain vills set throughout the world, whoever conquers them all (as a tribe) wins.

An option to build many gold coins at once (without premium but only in the selected vil) perhaps.

I like the world wonders idea for an endgame.

Maybe villages in a tribe could be set for the building of one mega project. Setting a village would use 20,000 population or something large like that. The more village set could increase a progress bar. Therefore you'd have to balance as set villages would become almost useless troop wise.

It would add a new level of strategy to the game as well as promoting teamwork.

DeletedUser

I like the world wonders idea for an endgame.

Maybe villages in a tribe could be set for the building of one mega project. Setting a village would use 20,000 population or something large like that. The more village set could increase a progress bar. Therefore you'd have to balance as set villages would become almost useless troop wise.

It would add a new level of strategy to the game as well as promoting teamwork.

also the vil should have like 12000 points for lvl 1 ww so it can be identified as having a ww. It would need lots of defence

DeletedUser8815

how about making palladin weapons more realistic? for example if you send pally with an attack and the entire attack dies, how come the weapon mysteriously reappears in the weapon chamber?, how does it get back?....if the entire army dies the weapon should be captured by the defender, even if they already have the weapon, they may then have a second or third weapon. Also if the pally sets off on a 24 hour walk with the scepter, how is it possible to change the weapon at the last minute? is it somehow teleported to him from the weapon chamber or something?

Oh and while on the subject of pally weapons, can we please reduce the defensive capabilities of the bonfire? Introoduces far too much luck into the game as to whether you have it or not......and why not have a pally for each village...but when a weapon is 'found' it belongs to the village where it was found and cannot then be found by another villages' pally. However it could be transported at scout speed between one village and another as required, for use by the receiving village's pally.

Instead of recalling supporting troops home they should be able to be reassigned by their owner to another village...this is much more realistic then recalling them from 20 fields away just to resend them to the village next door to where they were.

DeletedUser6695

Additions for Tribal permissions:-
  • Ability to only allow certain members to make war decs
  • Ability to only allow certain members to cancel Noble Claims
MAPS:-
  • Ability to colour different tribes in one colour rather than Blue, Purple, Red. Makes identifying targets easier.

That can all be done dukes can only declare war and can cancel noble claims (possibly barons I forget)

And you can highlight tribes on your map if you have premium

DeletedUser

your paladin thing is a bit too complex for my liking, but i think you shouldn't be able to change weapon when the pally is on the move.

DeletedUser

Resource balancing could be run through the AM, a tool that would allow the correct amount of resources be sent to a village to reach its troop and village build. Thus cutting the need to send resources to a village all day everyday until its built. setting could allow users to define what % of resources is sent from already maxed villages in order to complete builds in the target village.

DeletedUser

Any chance you can just put 8.0 on hold and work on improving the VERY poor list of approved scripts for the version that is running now? :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Scripts are independent tools, Innogames does not support them and does not work on improving them as they are the property of the script writer so any improvements you feel are needed should be directed at the script creator.

DeletedUser

Any chance you can just put 8.0 on hold and work on improving the VERY poor list of approved scripts for the version that is running now? :icon_neutral:

V8.0 has nothing to do with co.uk specifically (and thus nothing to do with its script rules). Considering that multiple language versions have different script rules, game development has nothing to do with scripts.

DeletedUser

I'd like to see a page of interesting daily stats for each continent. So you can see how much of each resource was generated the previous day, and the total number of filled farm slots in the k. I know it wouldn't effect gameplay really but I imagine it would be quite an easy thing to add, and would make for interesting analyses in these forums.

DeletedUser9174

This is something that we had when we used an external forum for noble claims:

The ability for duke/Baron to list a single player for claiming. You just type in the name and a full list of villages is generated. Then the tribe members just click on the ones they want to claim. There would be a option that would allow just Dukes/Barron's or the whole tribe to see who has claimed what village. Tribe members would be able to see if a village has been claimed but not who has claimed it if made hidden. Be so useful for internals or small ops :)

Maybe also the ability for Dukes (or war coordinator) to assign villages to people. Only they see who has what target.

Internal stats of a tribe. Player that has taken most enemy villages/Player that most quickly takes their war claims stuff like that.