W1 Discussion - Mods please read

DeletedUser2154

Id love to see cheaper nobles, but if we have to force players to quit i best get my nukes out again

DeletedUser

[tt]We are following the same rules as .net for noble cost reduction these being:~

< 1000 for 0.5
< 500 for 0.333

So sorry to say you have a bit of a way to go yet before you hit these figures[/tt]

Why dont the mods remove everyone that has 0 points, there is quite a few. Then from now on when someone gets rimmed and has 0 points they automatically getted removed and no more restarts. Also close the world so no one else can join. This would speed up up the process too get down too 1000 members.

But yeah i like the idea of cheaper nobles then putting a cap on the amount of coins needed once you get too a certain amount.

As for the second option of putting bans on the barbs would this mean that the tribe that had the vills before couldn`t attack them either. I`m not too sure about that, because it means even less farming.

Mayby if there was a no nobling ban on them but could still be farmed.

DeletedUser

[tt]We are following the same rules as .net for noble cost reduction these being:~

< 1000 for 0.5
< 500 for 0.333

So sorry to say you have a bit of a way to go yet before you hit these figures[/tt]

I dont understand what these numbers mean? Is it that we have to get UNDER 1000 players for the cost to reduce? As someone said, you should consider "players" as those who are above a certain size.

DeletedUser

UK 1 will be closed to new registrations as of 18:00 hrs on 13/12/10

At this time we will also be turning off the option, to restart after you have been rimmed.

Regards

Tracey
Community Manager

One step closer to getting down to 1000 members I guess

DeletedUser6951

Thank you to the mods for taking notice of this thread and well done Luke Bishop for making it happen. It's good to see that you listen and act on player input.

DeletedUser

I think the closing of the game to new players is a good thing as new players dont stand a cat in hells chance like stated above

But i beleave they should leave the cost of nobels as it is now it just seems to me that the bigger tribes are just trying to get the rules changed yet again to there advantage all these changes will do is make it even harder for smaller tribes to defend against the zerg tactics used by the big boys

DeletedUser

But i beleave they should leave the cost of nobels as it is now it just seems to me that the bigger tribes are just trying to get the rules changed yet again

Can you please tell me where we have had the rules changed to favour the big boys before?

The price could be reduced at least 15% to help speed the world up a little!

DeletedUser7168

Yeah come on speed it up guys i haven't slept for over a year :lol:

DeletedUser6603

Can you please tell me where we have had the rules changed to favour the big boys before?

The price could be reduced at least 15% to help speed the world up a little!

I cant remember specifically, but there was something about Luke leaning on the mods/admins a while back to get a rule change (which happened), something to do with account sits I think. I can remember having a moan on the forums about it, and im sure the thread got deleted!

I love a good conspiracy theory ;-)

DeletedUser

I cant remember specifically, but there was something about Luke leaning on the mods/admins a while back to get a rule change (which happened), something to do with account sits I think. I can remember having a moan on the forums about it, and im sure the thread got deleted!

I love a good conspiracy theory ;-)

Yes was a rule they had changed because chubbs was upsetting them by taking advantage of one of the sitting rules

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6944

Lets get some farming scripts please and reduced cost of nobles.
Then internals would not be a problem, and it would significantly increase the pace of the game

DeletedUser

I agree with the nobles Luke but certainly not the internals. We are at a point and have been for awhile where single players own large parts of continents. If one were to go inactive and their villages rendered no longer attackable, you are losing not only a complete area but possibly your frontline.

DeletedUser

Yes was a rule they had changed because chubbs was upsetting them by taking advantage of one of the sitting rules

Taking advantage of the rules, yeah.....changed because we wanted it? No.....changed because we saw it as unfair? Yes.

A slight difference between having a rule changed to benefit the WHOLE of UK1 and having on changed to only benefit W1N.

Come on guys....the Anti-W1N brigade died a while ago in a ball of noobie flames! :)

I agree with the nobles Luke but certainly not the internals. We are at a point and have been for awhile where single players own large parts of continents. If one were to go inactive and their villages rendered no longer attackable, you are losing not only a complete area but possibly your frontline.

MP, he is not saying internal villages should be immune from attack, he is saying when a player deletes and they go barb they should be immune from attacks.

DeletedUser6603

Excuse me - dont tar me with the same brush ;-). What I can remember is that I didnt disagree with the rule change, just the way the mods went about doing it! I wont say any more in case I get this thread deleted too lol.

DeletedUser

As Nid says, the rules were changed to suit W1N when Chubbs made use of the current rules by mass-faking W1N and W1N., knowing that either the sat accounts or the sitter could not retaliate.

As a former W1 player, my view of this world is that W1N won once Che!!! merged; regardless of what any tribe did, it was the metaphorical equivalent of throwing a deck chair off the Titanic.

What would grant other tribes to have a chance of fighting back to keep the longevity of this world going is that if their was a limit to the amount of nukes W1N members were allowed to send.

Kilroy

DeletedUser

Agree with reduction of noble costs, for reasons mentioned.

The whole game is revolving around having to wait to build coins at the moment, which is playing a major part on boredom and inactivity. Who wants to spend time staring at hundreds of nukes when you are unable to take villages? This in turn, is causing inactivity and people to quit, meaning those active left behind are having to use precious nobles on internals instead of fighting enemys, thus creating more boredom and a spiral of decline in the world.

So yea, reduce noble costs, but I don't agree with freezing the villages of players who quit, that can have too many consequences on the world and geography. Reduce noble costs would hopefully in turn reduce the internal nobling levels.

DeletedUser

I think the rules should only really be changed when a player exploits a new and unfair method of play. If W1 has stagnated then the rules for W8 should change to prevent the same stagnation.

Now that we know the game accelerates at less than 1000 players there is a real incentive to clear out the smaller players rather than the big ones - bit unfair on the small guys but that is the game.

An alternative solution (for W8?) would be to allow players to demolish villages to whatever level they want and then un-noble them to turn them to barbs. The big tribes could create areas of either very low point villages(cleared deserts) or high point farms deep inside their borders. This would then allow the nobles to be used on the front line.

I am a noob - so I have never seen the endgame - but it does look like total victory is 3 to 4 years away even if W1N continue to be strong - if we split then the game really could go on for a decade!!!!

DeletedUser2961

Yes, cheaper coins please please please. I disagree with not being able to noble deleted players though, as you could lose nigh on control of an entire K. If a player hits delete and barbs, then they should've been kept amused (Hoorah for W1N all night parties)

Now off to circumnavigate the globe in my luxury Titanic Deckchair :)