W10 Heavy Cavalry and Offense/Defense

DeletedUser

How are you beauty and the beast mr W10er?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10224

Many ppl will give you many replies.....

But this is mine:

3000 Spears
1500 Swords
3250 Archers
200 scouts
2000 HC
52 Cats

I use the cats for fakes (more difficult on UK10 as you must send a certain amout of villagers)
2000 HC is heavy on the iron but brilliant for supporting fast if your pali isn't available.

DeletedUser

what about for an offensive village build? how many would you suggest for offensive?

DeletedUser

i personally wouldnt say build HC in Off villas for this world, I would in w3 as their are limited reasearches in the smithy.

DeletedUser10224

i personally wouldnt say build HC in Off villas for this world, I would in w3 as their are limited reasearches in the smithy.

I agree....don't build HC in an Offensive village...LC is much more effective.

DeletedUser

depends on the server settings.

I do not recommend to recruit :heavycavalry: on servers with simple research system or 15-tech research system on the purpose to build HCav nukes. If you do some maths relating the offensive strength per villager you spot the difference between :heavycavalry: and :lightcavalry:.

Another story on servers which have the classic research system (10 techs per unit). :heavycavalry: pays off in any case:

:lightcavalry: (level 10) and :heavycavalry: (level 10) both have 37,5 offensive strength per villager, so I do recommend to build HCav nukes, especially next to the front border.

DeletedUser

:lightcavalry: (level 10) and :heavycavalry: (level 10) both have 37,5 offensive strength per villager

Is this correct? LC level 1 score higher than HC level 1 per farm slot, and I thought each level upgrade produced the same % improvement.

DeletedUser

Is this correct? LC level 1 score higher than HC level 1 per farm slot, and I thought each level upgrade produced the same % improvement.

:heavycavalry: HCav Techlevels for classic research system:​

a704b3bad92c30ee284e424e52b0c819.png

Source of information

225 / 6 = 37,5 off strength per villager for :heavycavalry:

:lightcavalry: LCav Techlevels for classic research system:​

(had to check german TW help cause english version of this unfortunately did not contain the information I was looking for.)

150 / 4 = 37,5 off strength per villager for :lightcavalry:

DeletedUser

150 / 4 = 37,5 off strength per villager for :lightcavalry:

In w10 LC level 10 delivers 195 attack, making them considerably more deadly per farm slot than the HC. Those German servers seem to have unusual settings.

DeletedUser

In w10 LC level 10 delivers 195 attack, making them considerably more deadly per farm slot than the HC.
aha I don't know UK10 that properly, just went there for some occasional clicking and refused to co play someone I know. Never seen classic research system mixed with archers and pally enabled. Though has some fine settings, indeed.

Those German servers seem to have unusual settings.

:icon_eek: I'd rather claim british servers being the unusual setting. TW.de has been inducted first in 2003. And as you can see on my screenshots above these attacking data for LCav and HCav are named after certain worlds on which they appeared first. This kind of 'classic research' providing equal offensive strengths for LCav and HCav is still known as 'Server 1' setting on german TW. Is a shame w73.de sort of went wrong, which was intended to be a server with these 'server 1-3' settings. HCav techs have been set too weak (config- dat) so no HCav server at all :icon_cry: