what do you think is the best ratio of defense villages to offense villages? and also the best build

DeletedUser

what do you consider a good ratio when you decide if you make a defense village or a offense village.

1. do you have for example for every 2 offense village you have 1 village, or even 2 defense village for every offense village.

2. what do you build up in your offense village and defense village? for example when building the village what buildings do you upgrade...

DeletedUser

normally 1:1 ratio is best.
As for troops, if you asked thargoran something between pure HC and 4:1 Sp:HC is best, but if you ask Adam Tucker, a guy from w11 (who isn't that great), the best is 7:7:7 SP:SW:AR, if you asked Faaaaark, a guy from W11, 12, and 41, you would get that a 14:6 SP:SW is best.

It all depends on how active you are, how much work you wnat to do, and many other things.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty confident that 7:7:7 is the same as 1:1:1?

Anyway, yes. It all depends on how active the player is, his tactics and world, paladin can make a change early on too. What's strong and weak, best and worst is different depending on all these factors. 10000 spears + 10000 swords (or roughly) are not as affective on an archer world as if there are no archers (well, depends on the ratio but in most cases my point works) :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty confident that 7:7:7 is the same as 1:1:1?

Anyway, yes. It all depends on how active the player is, his tactics and world, paladin can make a change early on too. What's strong and weak, best and worst is different depending on all these factors. 10000 spears + 10000 swords (or roughly) are not as affective on an archer world as if there are no archers (well, depends on the ratio but in most cases my point works) :icon_wink:.

IT IS NOT! (ok, it is....)

DeletedUser

normally 1:1 ratio is best.
As for troops, if you asked thargoran something between pure HC and 4:1 Sp:HC is best, but if you ask Adam Tucker, a guy from w11 (who isn't that great), the best is 7:7:7 SP:SW:AR, if you asked Faaaaark, a guy from W11, 12, and 41, you would get that a 14:6 SP:SW is best.

It all depends on how active you are, how much work you wnat to do, and many other things.
[th]Spears/Heavy Cavalry is my standard defense in old units' worlds, but not in archers' worlds.

I prefer 1-2k Spears, 1,750-2k HC, rest are archers in defensive villages (bar 25-50 scouts). In particular because a lot of players refuse to build many mounted archers, this defense is a very good "allrounder". The lack of swords is compensated by additional defensive power from HC-offensive villages. One can play with 2/3 offensive villages without being defenseless.[/th]

DeletedUser

i think that a good offense is a good defense.

i also believe that troops=resources.

im just wondering, because i only played on old worlds, and well i heard archers are like better then swordsmen i think. not sure?

anyway im looking for a new defense build for my troops in my defense villages for later on in the world.
i keep 50 scouts in all my villages.

and im just wondering what do you consider the cheapest build that is the most effective early on in the game.

DeletedUser

i think that a good offense is a good defense.
[...]
and im just wondering what do you consider the cheapest build that is the most effective early on in the game.
[th]No. That's one of the most common mistakes in TW's history. It spreads in the forums like plague.

It may be ok, if you have a one-on-one with a neighbour, because you can backtime, first-strike etc. But it's absolutely not working, if you are under hostile tribal (siege) attacks. One cannot backtime several dozen of players, sometimes 20 hours away and more.

The cheapest defense is not the one with the least costs. It's the one, which has the most surviving units after it was being attacked.[/th]

DeletedUser

on old worlds if u have the time and ur villages are in clusters than the best is obviously sword/spear, however if u are spaced out or need to rebuild quickly, cats hc and spear are wat u go for

As for ratios, i would say if u are under few attacks 3:1 in favour of offensive, if u start getting attacked u can go down to as much as 1:1

really all depends

however my second and fourth villages are always defensive

DeletedUser2765

on old worlds if u have the time and ur villages are in clusters than the best is obviously sword/spear,

I disagree with this completely, if it was me. I'd go Axe/HC and Spear/HC for offense and defense villages. Why? Because due to the amount of time it would take to move my troops between villages and how many spear/HC I have total, my defense would be impossible to penatrate. If you can stack all your troops (lets say 220,000 spears and 60,000 HC (roughly 20 villages worth of troops)) just to stop 1 noble train and then send all those troops back and support another village under attack by a noble train, then your losses will be rebuilt between sending your troops back and sending them to a new village to support. Really such a defense is unbeatable IMO.

DeletedUser3125

I have always gone with 9.25k sp/1.85k HC/50 scouts per village (with additional rams/cats, yes both even in 15 tech worlds) as a D build, if in a archer world (which i admit, can't remember last time i played in seriously, i think it was w7 in .net so it may be 'outdated') i replace 3.75k sp with 3.75k archer.
As for O, meh the standard nukes 6.5k axe and 3.25k LC going more axe heavy over time (up to 7.5k axe and 3k LC) with 250 rams. In MA worlds 2 different sets of MA builds (one with 3k LC and 200 MA, axes at 6.5k, the other with 2.5k LC 0.5k MA and 7k axe).
This obviously varies A LOT depending on the situations, settings and even on the location on the map.

As for O villages to D villages ratio i have always gone to the extreme with D usually having 1 to 4 (O to D, the 1 O being the start up village) at 5 vills, and 4:6 (O:D) at 10 vills. Later on always trying to have 1.5 D vills per 1 O village.
This obviously depends on your playing style a lot, but it gives a certain 'security' feeling you don't have with pure O or near it.
It also in no way slows down your growth since sp/HC farms BETTER than LC for a averagely active player once you reach 5-6 D villages (ie 10 vills in total). In fact, since D (lets be honest, how often you get attacked early game) is less damaged (you get the point) D villages are awesome for bookmarked farm runs (they rarely get killed in an amount that screws up your saved farm runs unlike nukes) and are my main coin/package producers (sp's lower cost and HC's long build time) even when i only have a 1/3rd of the village fully trained.
So umm, unless you are a total idiot (sorry) who hits every turtle he sees and thus needs large amount of O to grow efficiently overdoing a bit with D is nothing to be ashamed off.
So yeah, use the 2:3 O:D ratio.
As for the troop builds, simulate few variations for a while you'll get a 'combo' you like. :)
I know i'll get flamed for this since overdoing with O seems to be cool and stuff, but this is my way and it has yet to fail me.