What do you think is the best way to use a 30% resource village?

• Thread starter Boy Blue of Fables
  • Start date

DeletedUser

What do you think is the best way to use a 30% bonus resource village? I can't think of anything :p

DeletedUser

Minting more coins is the best thing I can think of. I can't imagine that it would make it faster for you to build O or D there, which by the time you have multiple villages is more determined by the level of your barracks/stables/workshop rather than how quickly you can get resources into your village.

DeletedUser

As Adam said, minting coins.

If you're barracks/stable/workshop is going 24/7 it doesn't matter if you got more resources.

DeletedUser2765

Except noobs noble them and then you cant farm them anymore. ;\

DeletedUser

How you come to get the village is immaterial, so to mirror what has already been said and add something of value, make it into a defensive village, as those are going to be bearing the brunt of your coin minting/packet making in the future. Since defense is used less often than offense.

DeletedUser

Let's say the newbie in your area nobles the village at around 2.000 points. If you're at 40.000 points at that point, and within the first 60 days of you both, I will take my hat off for you.

DeletedUser

..your sense of logic is shocking. If the village is barbarian and has reached the limit of 3k points, what are the odds of the village producing the optimal level 30 resources? Low as hell. If we say it produces 2k of each resource/hour, what's best. You owning the village, and spending the resources right away, while you're able to upgrade the resources to produce even more, and controlling the village yourself, or having it barbarian, producing less resources while the chances are high somebody else is farming the village too?

DeletedUser

..your sense of logic is shocking. If the village is barbarian and has reached the limit of 3k points, what are the odds of the village producing the optimal level 30 resources? Low as hell. If we say it produces 2k of each resource/hour, what's best. You owning the village, and spending the resources right away, while you're able to upgrade the resources to produce even more, and controlling the village yourself, or having it barbarian, producing less resources while the chances are high somebody else is farming the village too?

There is better villages to noble than a resource bonus one thats his point.

DeletedUser

The word of the day: Catapults.

Catapult buildings opening up more points for resources to grow, and makes the village a worse target for other players.

DeletedUser

There is better villages to noble than a resource bonus one thats his point.
Is it? That's so relative that I don't think there's a point in discussing that. When I nobled my resource village, it was the best option. Everything depends.

The word of the day: Catapults.

Catapult buildings opening up more points for resources to grow, and makes the village a worse target for other players.

Still, why is it better to farm it than just noble it and control everything for yourself.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Is it? That's so relative that I don't think there's a point in discussing that. When I nobled my resource village, it was the best option.

Everyone thinks the village they nobled was the best option, doesn't mean they're right, and I doubt it was really the best option for you, it was just the safest option.

Boy Blue of Fables said:
Still, why is it better to farm it than just noble it and control everything for yourself.

The point of nobling early on is to remove threats, not once has a barb mailed me demanding i restart, or attacked me, as such I don't consider them threats. Late world nobling them is arguably worthwhile, early world, ir is not.

DeletedUser

Just to play devils advocate, since people can, and have kept in the top 5 nobling barbs before I will explain my thoughts behind why it is possible.

Lets say you have 2k lc which is about what you should have at 3.5k points.

Now thats an income of about 500k a day probably more. That is the given that you are farming most likely 120 villages. Rough estimate. Now lets say I take 20 of these villages most people see this as a lost economic situation. But in fact I get 0 decreased income. It will just be spread, but yes none the less I will lose coin minting and noble making. For your 1st 20 villages though you lose 15% farming which brings you to 400k res per day with that village under the assumption that you dont bring your radius out.

Now you are losing 0 troops at this point that village will be maxed much quick than anyone elses should slow your nobling down though so lets say you average 1.5 villages a day.

At this point you would have around 30 villages. All of which have an individual barracks and stable. The speed with which you build troops more quickly is multiplicative with the villages. Upgrading your barracks cannot compete. Lets suppose that you farm with these villages and average only 10k res per village per day, giving you a total 900k income perday. Now I can match this with my 6 villages, and surpass it by a little but he will be building more troops able to then farm more and expand more.

Anyway Im sure you can get what Im getting at. More villages can most defiantly mean more troops. But no fun:icon_wink:

Clearly defending yourself would become the largest problem with this, but in said situation you are going to need less offense than you counter part, thus you can switch most villages to defense, and properly defend yourself. Especially since you can cluster very well making false scout reports will be easy.

DeletedUser

Everyone thinks the village they nobled was the best option, doesn't mean they're right, and I doubt it was really the best option for you, it was just the safest option.
As I said, everything depends. You doubt it is the best option, I know it was the best option, because I was in the situation, not you.

The point of nobling early on is to remove threats, not once has a barb mailed me demanding i restart, or attacked me, as such I don't consider them threats. Late world nobling them is arguably worthwhile, early world, ir is not.
And may I ask how you know this is "early world nobling"?

bold...

DeletedUser

Ok... no-ones tried this tack yet...

Imagine you have 4 "33% all resources" vills in your 15x15.

You can either farm all four, or noble all four.

Farming all four would mean you get all the resources, into one village, and means you can actually noble out a threat nearby.

Nobling all four spreads the resources out amongst them, and makes it kinda pointless in taking them. That and the fact you look like an easy target.

- Chapter 1 of "Farming For Dummies" - Out Now.