What do you think is the best way to use a 30% resource village?

• Thread starter Boy Blue of Fables
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Ok... no-ones tried this tack yet...

Imagine you have 4 "33% all resources" vills in your 15x15.

You can either farm all four, or noble all four.

Farming all four would mean you get all the resources, into one village, and means you can actually noble out a threat nearby.

Nobling all four spreads the resources out amongst them, and makes it kinda pointless in taking them. That and the fact you look like an easy target.

- Chapter 1 of "Farming For Dummies" - Out Now.

Such linear thought:icon_sad:

Imagine if you apply the same principles of proper early world clustering to the use of taking "abandons."

On a pure cost function, the lack of lost troops and improved farming power would allow me to keep up, your minimizing your costs, and continuing to maximize your income if you noble far enough away. Setting up perhaps a tight cluster 30 blocks away could be a very smart move, and it would not reduce your income what so ever. You will also be keeping your army in case you do need to remove a threat. At least in the realm that I play moving first against a true threat is sometimes a huge disadvantage. Nobles are cheap especially in coin wolds, you would be easily able to conquer 10 villages with one village. Then you can start pumping out defense in all 10 villages, beefing up your account to probably one of the more defendable ones in the world. Now this may not be the best starting strat, but I bet you could keep in the top 10 doing it. In fact I have seen people stay in the top 5 doing it:icon_eek:

Anyway such ridged thinking never pushes anything forward think outside the box a little, because it has been done before by some great players, I dont know you you maybe good, but try not to close your mind so much.

-Chapter 1 of Not just consuming and regurgitating but producing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Such linear thought:icon_sad:

Imagine if you apply the same principles of proper early world clustering to the use of taking "abandons."

On a pure cost function, the lack of lost troops and improved farming power would allow me to keep up, your minimizing your costs, and continuing to maximize your income if you noble far enough away.

So by talking a village with lvl 2 rax and lvl 9 farm, but high iron,. you are "keeping up"? No. It'll take too long for that village to become profitable

Setting up perhaps a tight cluster 30 blocks away could be a very smart move, and it would not reduce your income what so ever. You will also be keeping your army in case you do need to remove a threat. At least in the realm that I play moving first against a true threat is sometimes a huge disadvantage. Nobles are cheap especially in coin wolds,
Nobles, cheap in coin worlds?

You still pay the same in packets/coins, but then coins hit you with an extra 40k/50k/50k, :icon_wink:

Besides, the coin cost would always be going up, and the other villages won't be able to help with it for a long time...

you would be easily able to conquer 10 villages with one village. Then you can start pumping out defense in all 10 villages, beefing up your account to probably one of the more defendable ones in the world. Now this may not be the best starting strat, but I bet you could keep in the top 10 doing it. In fact I have seen people stay in the top 5 doing it:icon_eek:
Don't get me wrong. Late world clustering is awesome. but only late world.

Why give yourself high noble costs and morale problems that early?

I can appreciate you'd still have morale issues nobling all-reds, but if you have 50K with 20 villages, rather than 50K with 7 or 8, your nobles are gonna be very few and far inbetween....

DeletedUser

So by talking a village with lvl 2 rax and lvl 9 farm, but high iron,. you are "keeping up"? No. It'll take too long for that village to become profitable
Firstly you can take a village with higher levels than that the majorty of all worlds, and on .uk if I am not mistaken all worlds contain growing barbs. So I say simply take a bigger village....

Nobles, cheap in coin worlds?

You still pay the same in packets/coins, but then coins hit you with an extra 40k/50k/50k, :icon_wink:

Besides, the coin cost would always be going up, and the other villages won't be able to help with it for a long time...
The nobles are cheap not because of costs, at 3.5k or 4k points when you go to noble you should be getting an income of around a million res a day if not more, due to the fact that you need not build more than 1 acd to conquer any amount of villages you want it is in fact cheaper in time/res. Making said strat plausible.

Don't get me wrong. Late world clustering is awesome. but only late world.

Why give yourself high noble costs and morale problems that early?
Im not really debating this, people have and can keep in the top of new worlds conquering nothing but barbs, see world 16, I believe a player kept in the top 5 from the one village stage all the way to the 2 million point stage. Im not debating the fact that it can be done I am telling you how and why it can be done. 50k with 7 or 8 villages means you need to get your rear in motion cause you are falling too far behind.