whats the most important kind of intelligence?

DeletedUser

There is many kinds of intelligence, some of them is conected, some are not, but whats the most important of them? :|

Is it personality, character, creativity, wisdom, knowledge....or something else?

My personal point of view is that creativety, it is the creative who create, and in my opinion the creative made and found out everything that knowledge stands for. Knowledge is nothing much wihout creativety, becouse it was the creative who gained the knowledge, those who just know copy what the creative found out. The creative made all the things that we have today. The creative made knowledge to say it like that >.<

Any thoughts around this?

DeletedUser

[la]I think you need to define the different terms in order to get more appropriate (read: consistent) answers.
Each person has different understandings of the things you listed.
For example, I would consider these types of smarts:

The "Logic" group--
Thinking Intelligence
Thinking Wisdom
Thinking Knowledge

The "Emotional" group--
Feeling Intelligence
Feeling Wisdom
Feeling Knowledge

The "Character/Personality" group--
Introspective Intelligence
Introspective Wisdom
Introspective Knowledge

Each "group" consisting of the three core types of 'smarts': Intelligence (ability to learn), Wisdom (ability to use what you know), and Knowledge (what you actually know).

To me, I think that in most cases Knowledge, although important, is grossly overrated in today's society. The ability to learn, and to use what you've learned (Intelligence and Wisdom) seem much more important to me. I would rank them, in order of importance, something like so:

Thinking Intelligence
Thinking Wisdom
Introspective Intelligence
Introspective Knowledge
Feeling Intelligence
Feeling Wisdom
Thinking Knoweldge
Introspective Wisdom
Feeling Knowledge

--I place thinking above all else, and think that in general Intelligence > Wisdom > Knowledge, except int he case of introspection, where knowing yourself may prove more useful than knowing how to use what you know about yourself. I do suppose, however, that is based on each person and their personality/character. Also, I place Logic before Personality, and Personality before Emotion.

However, all are useful and have their own place in life, and perhaps, more equally important than my list/post suggests.[/la]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2765

Sorry for this stupid question but, Is wisdom really included? More so, what is wisdom, I know the basic meaning but what is the full meaning?

[ke]Wisdom is knowing;
How to act
When to act
and
Why to act[/ke]

DeletedUser282

Mathematical - Logical intelligence in my opinion is by far the most important.

As this is basically thinking intelligence.

DeletedUser2765

[ke]I disagree. The most important intelligence is the intelligence that relates mostly to what you want to do with your life.

I get what you're saying (Gargareth), but a high Logical intelligence can make you trip on yourself. I'd bother explaining, but I am far to lazy to right now.[/ke]

DeletedUser282

[ke]I disagree. The most important intelligence is the intelligence that relates mostly to what you want to do with your life.

I get what you're saying (Gargareth), but a high Logical intelligence can make you trip on yourself. I'd bother explaining, but I am far to lazy to right now.[/ke]

Your statement about the most important intelligence is so blatantly obvious that I didn't include in my post.

In a general term logical intelligence is the most important intelligence as you can use it for just about anything.

Logic can dictate the most rational way of solving a problem which can help in any area of life.
Logic can help with organisational skills which can help with almost any area in life.
Logic can help you make decisions which will be needed in almost every area of life. (If not all)

If you would like to expand on your statement about logic making you trip on yourself then go ahead.
If not then by all means go back to attention seeking in MSG.

DeletedUser2765

Your statement about the most important intelligence is so blatantly obvious that I didn't include in my post.

In a general term logical intelligence is the most important intelligence as you can use it for just about anything.

Logic can dictate the most rational way of solving a problem which can help in any area of life.
Logic can help with organisational skills which can help with almost any area in life.
Logic can help you make decisions which will be needed in almost every area of life. (If not all)

If you would like to expand on your statement about logic making you trip on yourself then go ahead.
If not then by all means go back to attention seeking in MSG.

[ke]Yes and a high logical intelligence can tell you what the logical thing for your enemy to do is, yet your enemy may not be using logic in his strategy thus, you trip yourself up on your own logical intelligence.

Logic is a two way street and only works against people who use logic themselves.[/ke]

DeletedUser282

[ke]Yes and a high logical intelligence can tell you what the logical thing for your enemy to do is, yet your enemy may not be using logic in his strategy thus, you trip yourself up on your own logical intelligence.

Logic is a two way street and only works against people who use logic themselves.[/ke]

Logic can be used to determine how logical someone is and so can determine how clever they are, and work out what they are likely to do and thus work out the perfect counter measure.

I strongly disagree with your statement that logic only works on people who use logic, as by observing what someone does, whether they use logic or not you can predetermine what they will do.

For example my cheap attention seeking remark, I knew that it would draw you into coming back with a fairly poor argument which I could easily beat down, whereas if you used logic you would of waited until you had a decent argument.

DeletedUser2765

Logic can be used to determine how logical someone is and so can determine how clever they are, and work out what they are likely to do and thus work out the perfect counter measure.

I strongly disagree with your statement that logic only works on people who use logic, as by observing what someone does, whether they use logic or not you can predetermine what they will do.

For example my cheap attention seeking remark, I knew that it would draw you into coming back with a fairly poor argument which I could easily beat down, whereas if you used logic you would of waited until you had a decent argument.

[ke]You act as if I actually care enough to make a decent arguement. I don't. Hence the:

"I'd bother explaining, but I am far to lazy to right now."

Good luck with your logic arguement in a game of chess against someone who throws logic out the window.[/ke]

DeletedUser

I like street smarts. That intelligence has helped me. :icon_wink: But if i told someone what my IQ is, I would be called a liar, because of the way I act through a computer on ToyCs.

People also think different and reason different therefor different meanings of intelligence.
Logic, wisdom and cleverness can mean nothing to a different person. I have to think of how to get a good argument.

DeletedUser

Consistent Logical Intelligence.

By this I mean: Consistently smart, including mathematical/number smart but with the ability to reason these problems out using critical thinking to figure out the best course of action that can be used to solve problems/discover new ways to do things. By consistent, I mean that this logical process isn't affected by your mood, boredom, or need to attention whore massively by doing something stupid and getting side tracked. You just get things done, and act that way all the time.

The world would run much smoother.

Creative thinking just causes more problems than it does solutions. Sure, you might think that one way works better than the rest, but with the logical/critical thinking aspect, you could slowly work out the best course of action to solve your problems. If you are creatively minded, odds are you would try to stick with YOUR idea of what works through thick and thin, no matter what other people suggest to merely try to help you along. ------ See those radical suicidal bomb fellows.

DeletedUser

Consistent Logical Intelligence.

By this I mean: Consistently smart, including mathematical/number smart but with the ability to reason these problems out using critical thinking to figure out the best course of action that can be used to solve problems/discover new ways to do things. By consistent, I mean that this logical process isn't affected by your mood, boredom, or need to attention whore massively by doing something stupid and getting side tracked. You just get things done, and act that way all the time.

The world would run much smoother.

Creative thinking just causes more problems than it does solutions. Sure, you might think that one way works better than the rest, but with the logical/critical thinking aspect, you could slowly work out the best course of action to solve your problems. If you are creatively minded, odds are you would try to stick with YOUR idea of what works through thick and thin, no matter what other people suggest to merely try to help you along. ------ See those radical suicidal bomb fellows.

I think that logical intelligence is made out of creative intelligence, reason for that is that i dont think the logical can be logical without beeing creative. There is only two ways of beeing logical (tell me if im wrong): beeing creative or copy what other thinks about the same thing, A logical person would think out hes own thoughts and ways about things, if not, then he/she will copy other persons logic, witch means that the person who copy isnt actually logical at all.

What we think is logical is different from person to person. If we folllow a christian's logic, then God exists, if we look it true the eyes of a atheist, then its logical that God does not exist at all.

The world would not run smother, becouse everyone has different logics about different things, and some humans thend not to tollerate that (one example is the old catholic church). The world you see today is an outcome of logical thoughts, if you want a peacefull world then i think it most be exacty the opposite, that everyone thinks the same about everything and dont have any opinions regarding anything (and by this, logic cant exist at all), only then we wont have does of problems regarding what you speak of. A logical person does also normaly stick with hes own conclution in the same way that a creative tend to.

Logic is an outcome of your envirement, community and society, and its all different from place to place. Persons with different societies thend to have differwnt views when it comes to logical thoughts. I dont think that this was the thing you rhought about tho, so i will leave it there.

Consistent Logical Intelligence (in the way that your thinking in your terms if im right) is an outcome of Creative intelligence, you cant have any logic without creativety. All the things you said in the first line needs one kind of creativety: solving problems you havne not seen before, discover new ways to do things, get new ideas, find out what you think about a thing yourself and own point of view without seeing a other persons answer to it, everything needs creativety. Math is probubly the only thing where you dont need creativety itself when your solving something, but the every formula is made by a creative person.

What im trying to say is, that every logical person is a creative person, or he/she cant be considered logical. Logic cant be anything without creativety, that either.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd say instincts would be most important. That way that we act, without thinking, that saves us from being hit by a car/stabbed/whatever.

Failing that. No intellect at all. I like abstract things. Anarchy would be my favourite type of society :)

DeletedUser

Well if society was in Anarchy then you would not need instincts. So I guess you need some other kind of intelligence?

DeletedUser

inquisitivness in my opinion comes above all intelligence
its all well and good being smart but if you don't have the will to use it or search for whatever answers you need whats the point

the

DeletedUser

Well if society was in Anarchy then you would not need instincts. So I guess you need some other kind of intelligence?

Explain? Anarchy would mean you need your instincts to survive if anything.

You would have to look after yourself, there isn't gonna be a government to give you money to save your over and over again.​

DeletedUser

This is a really interesting old thread.

The value of logical or rational intelligence can be over-rated. We are better than calculators. Analytical power is just a tool we can use to access our higher creative powers.

DeletedUser

I think they're all equally useful in their own way. If you put one above all others, it may benefit you in some ways but can cause problems too.

We generally all have these kinds of attributes, so evidently they're all pretty useful. It may be that logic is useful for problem solving, but emotion too can be of great use when dealing with people.

You can't just rate one above another