whats the most important kind of intelligence?

DeletedUser

If you really think about thinking about thinking then.... Oh wait I've forgotten what I was going to say.

Intelligence isn't something that can be categorised. You cannot say 1 person is more intelligent overall than another, as there are aspects that some people seem to excel at. The exception to this is mentally handicapped people (some, not all).

As has been mentioned there are plenty of different areas of a subject that cannot be categorised, which you may think doesn't make sense but there are areas of our minds that we don't even realise that we are using at this point so couldn't possible list them.

In today's society, the ability to think outside the box is becoming more prominent. As people's creativity starts to dwindle and we figure we have nearly found all there is to know about something, thinking outside the box can bring to light a whole new aspect. Which also leads me to think that the amount of information out there is actually infinite.

Society dictates what is intelligent and what isn't, but it doesn't mean that Society is correct. The IQ test is a perfect example of this, it measures certain capacities of someone's brain that is important in every day life today. But think back 1,000 years and what we call street smarts would have been the most useful aspect of intelligence. As someone said earlier in this thread that raised an interesting point is Instincts.

99.9% of us are born with Instincts, We have had to have them to stay alive, in many ways that is what separates us from less developed creatures, while they all have Instincts, ours led us to settle down and start farming because hunting was getting too dangerous. 1,000 years ago instincts would have saved you on the battlefield. Even nowadays, it's your instinct that is telling you to get off of the track because you can hear a train coming. It's what keeps us alive.

So I would argue that the most Useful aspect of Intelligence for staying alive would be Instinct. But there is no answer to the most important kind of intelligence, as again importance is subjective.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
[ke]Yes and a high logical intelligence can tell you what the logical thing for your enemy to do is, yet your enemy may not be using logic in his strategy thus, you trip yourself up on your own logical intelligence.

Logic is a two way street and only works against people who use logic themselves.[/ke]

You do realize that in most people's every day lives they have no 'enemy' whose actions they are trying to predict and counteract, right?