Where Has Everyone Gone

DeletedUser

I haven't played TW for a few years now as it started to take over my life.
Recently I have some time on my hands and thought why not, so here I am :)

I thought I would look up some old names on the forums only to find that they're dead and I only recognised a few names from before.

So I was wondering what happened to all the big name players (I'm thinking of between UK1-UK6). there used to be some awesome players on these worlds.

Have they all gone? Are they still playing but under a different name?

I kind of miss all the banter and the arrogance of the forums, its what made it fun.

(I'm just a nobody who can't play to save his life, but it was always a good laugh on here reading all the PnP)

DeletedUser12867

a few floating around i believe , most have quit or went to play on different servers ... been quiet for a while :(

Fads.

DeletedUser13240

I thought I would look up some old names on the forums only to find that they're dead and I only recognised a few names from before.

So I was wondering what happened to all the big name players (I'm thinking of between UK1-UK6). there used to be some awesome players on these worlds.

I kind of miss all the banter and the arrogance of the forums, its what made it fun.

(I'm just a nobody who can't play to save his life, but it was always a good laugh on here reading all the PnP)

Best PnP guy now is matt, and most of the old bestplayers are on w20, w19, w21.

DeletedUser11788

Past glory days

Most players have merged and as many a five owners now play a single profile... It seriously sucks... because they have zero personality in them. You cannot trust them and liking them means you have to get to know all of them. Near impossible. Buts that how they become elite players. They hop from tribe to tribe and grow relentlessly without remembering where they started by the time they reach the end. machines... bloody good machines.

DeletedUser13359

It is indeed worrying, given this is a relatively new world yet even its externals are barely being used.

DeletedUser

Was thinking the exact same thing, I haven't been playing since W9 and decided to start again yesterday. I assume being able to 'buy' resources/queue time must have pissed most people off. There does seem to be more tumbleweeds than people lurking about these days.

Also Local Host, I think your in my area ;)

DeletedUser8202

Im still here, was never a really big name but i was with WETLUV on world 4.

DeletedUser10790

Most players have merged and as many a five owners now play a single profile... It seriously sucks... because they have zero personality in them. You cannot trust them and liking them means you have to get to know all of them. Near impossible. Buts that how they become elite players. They hop from tribe to tribe and grow relentlessly without remembering where they started by the time they reach the end. machines... bloody good machines.

Not strictly true...

blue

DeletedUser13240

Not at all true. Only players like that are on all on w73.

DeletedUser6796

I haven't put any effort into playing a world since UK2 (and then I arrived really late), and years have passed. People move on. I think TW is just not gripping enough now for those who I then played with. The observations over the forum inactivity certainly resonate with me. The PnP used to increase the blood pressure and ferocity.

I am just glad that a couple of tweaks in the game engine make family tribes less of a nuisance. I am fairly disappointed that little else has developed, and am truly disappointed in how the premium point in-game use comes to the fore.

Last edited by a moderator: