Why do people make premades

• Thread starter DeletedUser1511
  • Start date

DeletedUser1511

Can anyone explain to me why more and more people want to make premades. Or even lead tribes at that :)

DeletedUser

Better prepared for start of the world? Dunno really.

& Leading tribes is a fun, enjoyable yet challenging experience. I love leading despite the time it consumes.

DeletedUser1511

Better prepared for start of the world? Dunno really.

& Leading tribes is a fun, enjoyable yet challenging experience. I love leading despite the time it consumes.

Have you ever lead a successful tribe ?
And if so, define that please.

DeletedUser

Have you ever lead a successful tribe ?
And if so, define that please.

Theory - UK4. Successful in start-up. Most players eventually become Vital. Had the 2nd highest APP and won several small wars.
Vital - UK4. Beat the infamous Bi! and then merged with =FATE= who were long time allies. Was in K54 which was - if arguably - the most fought in continent. Won several wars before Bi!
KNIGHT - W13.net (Top 3)
Chosen - W14.net. Later had to merge due to its size
SEA - W23. Controlled 2 continents and was very successful in wars.
TNL - W25. Was doing well until I had to quit. Controlled K5 and was winning its wars.

I'd say those were successful?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1511

Theory - UK4. Successful in start-up. Most players eventually become Vital. Had the 2nd highest APP and won several wars.
Vital - UK4. Beat the infamous Bi! and then merged with =FATE= who were long time allies. Was in K54 which was - if arguably - the most fought in continent. Won several wars before Bi!
KNIGHT - W13.net (Top 3)
Chosen - W14.net. Later had to merge due to its size
SEA - W23. Controlled 2 continents and was very successful in wars.
TNL - W25. Was doing well until I had to quit. Controlled K5 and was winning its wars.

I'd say those were successful?
See thats the thing, i dont think any of those were successful from what you have desribed. For example the tribe on world w 25, was in k5, that is on the rim, if you were doing anything other than dominating your opponents it would be shocking. What did that tribe achieve that was challenging/impressive to make it a success.
Theory- i didnt play world 4.uk so i cannot trully comment, but i was under the impressibe Bi dominated the startup player ranking, so i assume they had at least 10/20 of the rankings. So how do you define Sucess in startup. Having a high average points per player can simply be achieved by having few players than everyone else. Or at startup all building hq 20+.
So again define why you think they were successful at startup

Vital- From what i have from Addellion it sounds like Bi were a mediocore premade full of so called "startup players" who werent even proper "start up players". Were they really that skilled, a load of players who are full O sounds liek easy bait me to.

So once again. Can you define this success

DeletedUser8468

Can anyone explain to me why more and more people want to make premades. Or even lead tribes at that :)

Premades:
I think when you play for a while, you tend to meet players that you know you can rely on, that know what they are doing, and that you work very well with and respect. Be it old enemies who has gained your respect and impressed you, or an old tribesmate, who you know 100% certain is a good solid player.

Leadership
It's a job I never liked ( council or leadership ) as it I find personally, it completely ruins your playing fun and enjoyment. Your "gaming" time becomes completely dominated by talking to people on skype, organising ops and teaching players some new things. You can no longer just log on and enjoy your game like you can when your were a mere lackey.

That's just my personal opinion though.

DeletedUser

Young teenagers get easily excited about new worlds opening and act like a smackhead running after some crack.

DeletedUser1511

Premades:
I think when you play for a while, you tend to meet players that you know you can rely on, that know what they are doing, and that you work very well with and respect. Be it old enemies who has gained your respect and impressed you, or an old tribesmate, who you know 100% certain is a good solid player.

Leadership
It's a job I never liked ( council or leadership ) as it I find personally, it completely ruins your playing fun and enjoyment. Your "gaming" time becomes completely dominated by talking to people on skype, organising ops and teaching players some new things. You can no longer just log on and enjoy your game like you can when your were a mere lackey.

That's just my personal opinion though.
go on the premade section of this world. And see how many of the current premades being made run like what you have said.
You will be shocked to see how little of what you have said applies...

DeletedUser

go on the premade section of this world. And see how many of the current premades being made run like what you have said.
You will be shocked to see how little of what you have said applies...

My premade was only created to teach players and the only reason it took off was due to the amount of friends who wanted to help me out. I am taking this tribe seriously, this will develop my leading skills into whenever I want to create a more dominating minded tribe.

DeletedUser

See thats the thing, i dont think any of those were successful from what you have desribed. For example the tribe on world w 25, was in k5, that is on the rim, if you were doing anything other than dominating your opponents it would be shocking. What did that tribe achieve that was challenging/impressive to make it a success.

Nothing really. It survived and it joined late - i dunno
Theory- i didnt play world 4.uk so i cannot trully comment, but i was under the impressibe Bi dominated the startup player ranking, so i assume they had at least 10/20 of the rankings. So how do you define Sucess in startup. Having a high average points per player can simply be achieved by having few players than everyone else. Or at startup all building hq 20+.
So again define why you think they were successful at startup

We were successful because we managed to win several - if small - wars and none of us were 'experienced' or 'pro' players really. We survived and split off from a family tribe. It was successful in my eyes.

Vital- From what i have from Addellion it sounds like Bi were a mediocore premade full of so called "startup players" who werent even proper "start up players". Were they really that skilled, a load of players who are full O sounds liek easy bait me to.

That's just completely wrong. The definitely had alot of defense :icon_biggrin:

Nauzhror

Reaction score

You join a premade tribe almost every world. Why is it that you feel it is only justified for your clique to do so? Yes, the tribes you are in generally do far better than the average premade, but how much fun you have in a tribe isn't always determined by its impact on the world and that's really at the end of the day what the goal of the game is. Fun.

DeletedUser1511

You join a premade tribe almost every world. Why is it that you feel it is only justified for your clique to do so? Yes, the tribes you are in generally do far better than the average premade, but how much fun you have in a tribe isn't always determined by its impact on the world and that's really at the end of the day what the goal of the game is. Fun.
In all honesty i am not saying people should not make premades. I am asking why people make premades.

See u i am merely questioning the trend that has 10 premades joining every world.

DeletedUser

Name 10 that are joining UK7. I can give you a hand.

G3ARS, UnCertain (going to rename to n00b sk00l) and Shakedown

DeletedUser1511

Name 10 that are joining UK7. I can give you a hand.

G3ARS, UnCertain (going to rename to n00b sk00l) and Shakedown

ex·agger·ated·ly adv.
ex·agger·ation n.
ex·agger·ative, ex·agger·a·tory (--tôr, -tr) adj.
ex·agger·ator n.
Synonyms: exaggerate, inflate, magnify, overstate
These verbs mean to represent something as being larger or greater than it actually is: exaggerated the size of the fish I caught; inflated his own importance; magnifying her part in their success; overstated his income on the loan application.

If you are a good boy, maybe i will buy you a dictionary for Christmass :)

DeletedUser

Not sure if you are trying to be high and mighty or big and clever with your intellect, got lost in your sophistry or were randomly trying some semantic satiation experiment but you lost me so have probably proved whatever point it was you were making. Apologies for still not getting it even after applying all my little grey cells to the post.

Back on thread premades are for fun with mates and or known entities that know they can work together rather than have to find out who is good, reliable, just plain rubbish or untrustworthy. Premades especially those that stay together have a natural advantage.

DeletedUser1511

Not sure if you are trying to be high and mighty or big and clever with your intellect, got lost in your sophistry or were randomly trying some semantic satiation experiment but you lost me so have probably proved whatever point it was you were making. Apologies for still not getting it even after applying all my little grey cells to the post.

Back on thread premades are for fun with mates and or known entities that know they can work together rather than have to find out who is good, reliable, just plain rubbish or untrustworthy. Premades especially those that stay together have a natural advantage.
Then the question i have for you is.
why do a lot of premades recruit strangers, ( to a degreee) and have them jump through X,y,z hoops by meeting X,y,z requirement. If premades were about friends playing together. I assume we are generalising what people do on the whole, they why make a thread on the forums telling people to apply. Surely it would be more
skype chat, invite friends and done.

If what you said about premades was true on the whole, then premades would only ever fail due to inactivity rather than ego clashing, and people being over rated.
I mean name 1 tribe you have seen recently that truly had requirements like the ones you have said.

DeletedUser

I'd say 90% of premades are made because someone wants to lead a successful tribe. Personally, I create a tribe because I like to lead. I find it enjoyable to bring together a group of guys and have a go at the world. As far as requirements go, it's just TW is a really twisted game. Sure, we could join and be unorganized, just to talk on skype and have fun. But most likely, things will fall apart, and if that happens ingame, there goes the tribe.

So again, imo premades are created:
-Success and Fame
-To bring your friends together and to play at a competitive level
-You like leading

Those are the main reasons I can think of.

DeletedUser

Wardy you maybe getting invited to tribes that do not suit you. Not convinced it would suit me either from what you suggest. Personally i only play one world and am in W1N on UK1. We seem to be scraping through.

I am not saying it works in any or many cases - it depends on the leader and the people. The question was why is it done and the answer is as given.

DeletedUser

Because people join the forums and suddenly think they are a great player, then they join the worlds and slowly each member gets cleared by some random noob that has more common sense than them.

Simple.

DeletedUser

Huh ? Since when did it become Wardy's clique and not yours ? :icon_rolleyes:

Premades are fun , build anticipation and help people get to know each other better before the world begins.

<3