Why do people make premades

• Thread starter DeletedUser1511
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Well if it is a premade that has been made by friends and no outsiders they have the advantage of already knowing each other, which is a big advantage over a tribe which forms when the world starts, players much prefer to help out friends than random players they just met.

Making a premade on the forums before a world opens allows the players to get to know each other and become friends before the world opens, they often won't know the skill of the player (most of time) where as one made through friends have often played a world together before.

Although the one problem I always see with premades is they don't have the advantage of picking the location of their members, sure they can pick which direction (e.g north east) but they can't pick which K and where. often meaning players may start far too close to each other, then are forced to restart and can yet again start too close to a different member.

In my opinion premades are mainly made so players can get to know their tribe members before they are thrown into the battlefield, having everyone as friends means better communication.

DeletedUser

If premades are more organised and better prepared, why do the vast majority of them fail very quickly. I can show you cases of a lot of premades tht were made 2 months before a world and fail within weeks of being there.
Heck world 53 was one of the so called "anticipated" worlds, since there were supposed to be dozens of premades joining. Needless to say only 1-3 remain...

I think most premades believe they can't be taken down and bite off more than they can chew. Not just that, no tribe is sure thing during start up. All it takes it a few people to get pissed off and they get people to back em up, and you got a problem on your hands. You can say "well they're more organized, so they should be able to win", but in start up, it's not always that. Start up now is a race of offensive prowess and growth. Premades now use stacking requirements, but that only goes so far. The tribes that keep their head down imo are the most successful.

DeletedUser

I think most premades believe they can't be taken down and bite off more than they can chew. Not just that, no tribe is sure thing during start up. All it takes it a few people to get pissed off and they get people to back em up, and you got a problem on your hands. You can say "well they're more organized, so they should be able to win", but in start up, it's not always that. Start up now is a race of offensive prowess and growth. Premades now use stacking requirements, but that only goes so far. The tribes that keep their head down imo are the most successful.

well i believe a suscess to premade are the "activeness" . and like what i always told my friends even how great a player did on one world they might not be doing great in another world

DeletedUser1511

well i believe a suscess to premade are the "activeness" . and like what i always told my friends even how great a player did on one world they might not be doing great in another world
If someone is a "great" player. Then they will do well on any world they play :)
I can think of plenty of premades that had a lot of activity perhaps too much and have failed.
How many premades have been made of spammers, who make matching sigs, spam skype and forums and still fail weeks into the world...

Nauzhror

Reaction score
If someone is a "great" player. Then they will do well on any world they play :)

Not true.

Name one player that could start with Purple Predator, Jamm, Robj, and Vpar2 in their 15x15 and thrive.

Now, I fully agree that a great player can do well with a mediocre or below average area, but a truly awful area can keep anyone down. No one would survive the area described above if those four targeted them.

DeletedUser

People make premades because they are cowards. :p

According to lardys sig. Kinda.

DeletedUser

Not true.

Name one player that could start with Purple Predator, Jamm, Robj, and Vpar2 in their 15x15 and thrive.

Now, I fully agree that a great player can do well with a mediocre or below average area, but a truly awful area can keep anyone down. No one would survive the area described above if those four targeted them.

Well I'm sure you have argued the opposite before , and I think your example is a little overkill . It's very difficult to survive in an area with other competitive farmers , however I recall a few times recently this has happened and not effected the players to a level they couldn't compete in the top 20. In fact namely James had PP and us in the same 15x15 on I think uk3 where all accounts were in top 20 . On w39 same happened different players . Efficient farming has become more common and more people are able to compete with successful farming methods as well as the people you mentioned . Landing close to an efficient , active farmer I think is a pain in the ass , but a good player can make it work , however this would explain why you ran away when you landed next to mattcurr lolz (joke) xx

<3

DeletedUser

A good player can make it work, but not every time. There's only so much resources that can be farmed. A lot of times when you see 2+ top 20's near each other, the area is either very dense (on w53, mattcurr, rpyster/aggressive player, and me/ap were all in the same 15) or all other farming competition is gone besides the top 20's.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Well I'm sure you have argued the opposite before

I've argued that a good area isn't needed, but there's definitely some areas (at least hypothetically) where someone can be nearly assured failure.

EDIT: Your examples are almost purely people in the same tribe, I meant if you landed near three top players from an enemy tribe that all targeted you, not merely near your own tribemates whom also farmed a lot.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

A good player can make it work, but not every time. There's only so much resources that can be farmed. A lot of times when you see 2+ top 20's near each other, the area is either very dense (on w53, mattcurr, rpyster/aggressive player, and me/ap were all in the same 15) or all other farming competition is gone besides the top 20's.

Spike :icon_twisted: