Your start up's

DeletedUser530

right well i do like the hiding place unlike many people, the hiding place does allow for me to save enough resources to build a wall 9 levels i think it is?? and comes in handy. and for creating a maxed hiding place i can suffer the loss of two lc. many people disagree with creating it saying that only point whores make it.

but i do not create it durring start up unless the conditions call for it, most often it slows your growth early on, if you waste your resources on it.

DeletedUser3125

I personally don't care if this click is 0.33% more effective than that one, hence why various start up strategies and the discussion about them generally bore me.
Anyone with a bit of common sense and average activity is able to do top 50 easily at any stage and in almost any location.

DeletedUser117

So dont post here then ;) Lots of people like comparing their startups with others to refine them. But alot of guides are just that - guides, as it will always depend on your surroundings. Like if you happen to land near a certain Random tribe or something :p

DeletedUser3125

Not really, the general build up and order will still remain the same, no matter the area.
Even the very start when you are under protection, the amount of greys in my area for example have never really bothered me that much to change my starting priorities 180°, it has a few changes every now and then obviously, but nothing drastic.
I'd even go as far and say that the time under protection is the only stage where there are any slight changes, once you get the magical number of 96 LC, its all the same crap you have done 20 times before and your rank will be mostly dependent of the worlds 'leet pool' and your own activity.

DeletedUser530

I both disagree and agree at the same time. A guide should be merely a guide which you use to guide you, i stated that on my first post on this topic, However it does matter depending on location, if you have 7 barbs in your 15x15 on start up and your wasting your time on some guide that is telling you to build heavily on the resources, then you are hurting your self. However i do agree that no matter where you are you can achieve top 50.

DeletedUser

i goez
1 wood
1 clay
1 iron
statue build paladin farm farm farm
hq 3
barracks,make some lc (yes lc come from the barracks)
and pointwhore O.O

and yes i do build my statue at the begining and the barracks and then pointwhore :)

DeletedUser2385

From the very beginning I enjoy immediately point whoreing :)

Statue = Pally my Farmer, I will farm with only him he is the dude he can take it :)
Village HQ 2
Village HQ 3
Barracks

Then I follow the LC rush guide and adapt it as required.

Oh I would add I like to now upgrade my clay 3 lvl higher than the other resources early on. I like cats, and all the extra clay, I then trade for Iron. Plus a market lvl 5 is a good way to stash some res whilst waiting on your farm upgrades.

DeletedUser530

hmm that strategy, i would think does not work very well. You produce merely 5 resources per hour before you have constructed your mines to lvl one, and seeing as how you start out with 500|500|400 resources. the statue itself costs 220|220|220, and the pally costs 20|20|40. and now your resources are significatnyl depleted and your only making 5 resources an hour for 6 hours until your pally is done, where as you could be making 6 times as many resources per hour. That is a huge difference

DeletedUser3125

I both disagree and agree at the same time. A guide should be merely a guide which you use to guide you, i stated that on my first post on this topic, However it does matter depending on location, if you have 7 barbs in your 15x15 on start up and your wasting your time on some guide that is telling you to build heavily on the resources, then you are hurting your self. However i do agree that no matter where you are you can achieve top 50.
Uhm, i did say that the very start when you (and obviously in most cases your surroundings) are under protection is when slight changes are needed:
Even the very start when you are under protection, the amount of greys in my area for example have never really bothered me that much to change my starting priorities 180°, it has a few changes every now and then obviously, but nothing drastic.
I'd even go as far and say that the time under protection is the only stage where there are any slight changes
Now obviously focusing on your spears is much more productive, in fact i do believe that farming with spears even up to ~3h out one way thanks to the lack of greys in your 'own area' is more productive than any build you can have with mines (assuming that the hauls are at least half full or so).

Hence, why i believe that there is rarely if ever a need to focus on mines other than perhaps the 4/3/1 set or 5/4/1 which one you prefer, no matter your starting area.
And i never mentioned a guide, its your own experience from the past worlds that basically makes you build the same things in the same order (for example, my build up from 100 to 3000 has been pretty much the same for the last 5 worlds without me even realizing it until later on, only difference being the timing of the HQ rush, which will depend on your activity).

If i would have to say a guide, i'd probably go for the most 'standard' one, which is:

Res pits 1/1/1
Statue 1
Paladin
HQ 3
Barracks 1
40 spears
WH 2
Market 1
Wood/Clay/Iron 4/3/1
HQ 5
Smithy 2
12 axes
100 spears
HQ 10
Smithy 5
Barracks 5
Stables 1
5-10 scouts
WH 6-7
Stables 3
Light cavalry 96.

There are, as always few variables depending on your location, like market 2-3, elevated wood or clay (if your farms seriously lack those resources), but otherwise it rarely fails/needs a major makeover.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wouldn't it of been easier to type 100 light cavalry instead of 96?? :p

DeletedUser3125

Basic core start has WH 1 and HP 1 in every village, and since that early you are much better off farming inactives rather than wasting precious troops on competition it will take 32 LCs to dry out 1 village (hauling 850/850/850).
3x32=96 LC, which allows you to dry out 3 villages at once + your spears & axes.
Besides its a sexy number. :p

DeletedUser2403

I think 96 LC is also good because of the night game...while you´re sleeping...
At night...
If you make three attacks of 32 LC each....
You get 850/850/850 but maybe you´ll not have the FULL haul...right?

But if you attack 12 abandoned villages....with 8 LC each...i´m pretty sure that you´ll have 12 FULL hauls...

I think it´s better this way...and i´m not using only at night obviously...

DeletedUser

Basic core start has WH 1 and HP 1 in every village, and since that early you are much better off farming inactives rather than wasting precious troops on competition it will take 32 LCs to dry out 1 village (hauling 850/850/850).
3x32=96 LC, which allows you to dry out 3 villages at once + your spears & axes.
Besides its a sexy number. :p

Good point...

Of course 69
96 is a sexy number, specially if you look at it through a mirror.

DeletedUser3125

I think 96 LC is also good because of the night game...while you´re sleeping...
At night...
If you make three attacks of 32 LC each....
You get 850/850/850 but maybe you´ll not have the FULL haul...right?

But if you attack 12 abandoned villages....with 8 LC each...i´m pretty sure that you´ll have 12 FULL hauls...

I think it´s better this way...and i´m not using only at night obviously...
That's situational and has nothing to do with the actual build up, i was merely trying to explain the number (which in my opinion is perfect to start 'mass production'), for me the situation was right after their protection ends, which would mean that you are first to arrive 'at the gates of your farm'.
You also speak like you would stay on 96 LCs for ages; LCs should still be prioritized once you reach 96, but that number should allow you to keep all 3 queues going on a regular rate.
Although i agree with your point, after a certain amount of LCs, sending 12 (for example) on a huge amount of farms is much more beneficial (and should be done) than sending 120 on a few. Since you won't lose much of your 'farm time' if you hit a freshly farmed village.

DeletedUser2403

Yes, i only wanted tp say that it´s better to attack with less troops and more villages at one time that many troops at less villages...i understand your point...no worries, i only wrote to give my opinion nothing much...