Battle Royale - Round 1 (UK3)

DeletedUser

I find it funny how many average players think that by posting "im in" that they'll get in. Im pretty sure that only the exceptional are going to be drafted for this one

DeletedUser

I find it funny how many average players think that by posting "im in" that they'll get in. Im pretty sure that only the exceptional are going to be drafted for this one

After reading your post i looked at the page before this one... hilarious :lol::lol::lol:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
If your speaking of Kiwi on W39.. You can try to kick my arse ;)

Kiwi, as in New Zealander. And Xyziz is out of your league, he wouldn't try to do anything.

Damn, and here I was looking forward to joining. :(

DeletedUser

So... that's a question. Is this restricted to well-known players?

I'm uncertain as to what qualifies someone as being well known and very often a lot of well known players just aren't very good at the game.

But when Tim asked me to help set up this platform for having first a "pilot" Battle Royale and based on the success of the first instance of BR, we can perhaps (hopefully) expand it into a recurring series of such events.

My first thoughts on how I'd theoretically organize a BR is the following method :

• 1) Decide on a frame work for the BR. X number of teams. Y members per team.
  • 2) Decide on the settings we would want to hold BR in.
  • 3) Draw up a list of people who we would want to be involved in BR
  • 4) Extend invitations to the above list.
  • 5) Those who accept our invitation to join BR need to pay a nominal entry fee in Premium Points. If too many of the original invite list cannot join us, we can send invites to other people as well.

Now the concept of the entry fee here is to give participants some motivation to stay active. Quite frankly in a situation like this it really sucks for you if your team mates joined BR then went inactive leaving you hanging out there on your own. If left to my own devices I'd make it a point to bar to chronic inactives from the invite list.
The pool of premium thus collected can be distributed amongst the winning team.

There was an attempt to set up BR previously in .net and externals, etc were set up. But the idea largely fizzled out.
I feel this was a big disappointment simply due to the sheer potential for entertainment of the concept of BR.
Maybe if those that set out to organize BR the last time around had been more committed to bringing the idea to life, it would have been held but this time around I feel that organizer apathy is something we must assiduously avoid. If your planning this thing, you better not lose interest half way down the line.
  • 6) once we have our pool of players for the BR we need a stable system to divide them into teams.
    I favour the following method :
    i) pick Y number of leaders (this can either be done by a vote amongst the player pool or by nomination from the organizers).
    ii) leaders can either pick the players for their team on a rotational basis or or by luck of the draw.

• 7) We join the world with a previously agreed upon directional choice pattern and start the BR round.
  • 8) Round lasts for a pre-specified period of time. Once that time has elapsed, the highest ranked among the participant tribes is declared the winner and the rewards are tabulated.

Now thats how I'd personally prefer it.
However it may be protested that the invitation only" format for BR is very elitist (not that i consider strict quality control a bad thing at all) and that it defeats the purpose of a public forum thread where we ask for people's opinion on BR if we're going to restrict participation of BR to people that we've already decided on before hand.

For that purpose to include the general gist of this thread I'd modify my Organizing plan and replace steps 3, 4 and 5 of the above with the following:

• 3) Accept applications from forum users who would like to participate in BR
  • 4) Sift through the applications sent to select the ideal candidates for BR
  • 5) the candidates who we pick from the applications sent will be required to pay an entry fee for joining . . ., etc

None of the above is set in stone but if this idea is to get anywhere beyond speculation in this thread, and I'm quite keen on making sure that this time around BR does happen, then I'd say the organizers need to get to get together and start implementing the steps mentioned here or a set of practical alternatives.

DeletedUser

This is very interesting. Would like to see how it goes down.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would also like to sign up. By no means do i expect to be accepted as i dont know the T&C of the invitations being sent out. I would simply like to throw my name in the raffle.

I personaly can't wait for the full details to be revealed. Looking foward to joining w3 even if i dont get in to see the outcome. Very interesting.

-Tender Touch.

DeletedUser

If pervis isn't, then that would be a waste of talent.

exsacly

hes a great leader

just ask the folks in random on w39 :p and other worlds he left :(

still wating to see these member lists

LD

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The idea is still being drafted up, i doubt they have anything concrete yet never mind leaders and members picked

DeletedUser

The idea is still being drafted up, i doubt they have anything concrete yet never mind leaders and members picked

ye i guessed like pervi said i hope it goes around this time

im sure pp wont let it drop with all these members applying through the thread

:p

DeletedUser

Its an amazing idea and probably will happen over the next couple of worlds depending on settings and other things

DeletedUser

PP it be nice for an update? Perhaps let us know of his is still gong on? I'd say you've generated more than enough interest ;)

DeletedUser

I would be interested if I am up to your standards I should get in practice again haven't started up since world 34. Love the draft idea, I wonder if even the more experienced leaders will fall pray to picking people by points, and not cluster set up.

-Mattcurr

DeletedUser

There is very specific reason I havent updated. Just cross your fingers.

DeletedUser

he is on the loo, and a bit busy

that is why he has not updated

Serious: should be good fun