Battle Royale - Round 1 (UK3)

DeletedUser

I'm uncertain as to what qualifies someone as being well known and very often a lot of well known players just aren't very good at the game.

But when Tim asked me to help set up this platform for having first a "pilot" Battle Royale and based on the success of the first instance of BR, we can perhaps (hopefully) expand it into a recurring series of such events.

My first thoughts on how I'd theoretically organize a BR is the following method :

• 1) Decide on a frame work for the BR. X number of teams. Y members per team.
  • 2) Decide on the settings we would want to hold BR in.
  • 3) Draw up a list of people who we would want to be involved in BR
  • 4) Extend invitations to the above list.
  • 5) Those who accept our invitation to join BR need to pay a nominal entry fee in Premium Points. If too many of the original invite list cannot join us, we can send invites to other people as well.

Now the concept of the entry fee here is to give participants some motivation to stay active. Quite frankly in a situation like this it really sucks for you if your team mates joined BR then went inactive leaving you hanging out there on your own. If left to my own devices I'd make it a point to bar to chronic inactives from the invite list.
The pool of premium thus collected can be distributed amongst the winning team.

There was an attempt to set up BR previously in .net and externals, etc were set up. But the idea largely fizzled out.
I feel this was a big disappointment simply due to the sheer potential for entertainment of the concept of BR.
Maybe if those that set out to organize BR the last time around had been more committed to bringing the idea to life, it would have been held but this time around I feel that organizer apathy is something we must assiduously avoid. If your planning this thing, you better not lose interest half way down the line.
  • 6) once we have our pool of players for the BR we need a stable system to divide them into teams.
    I favour the following method :
    i) pick Y number of leaders (this can either be done by a vote amongst the player pool or by nomination from the organizers).
    ii) leaders can either pick the players for their team on a rotational basis or or by luck of the draw.

• 7) We join the world with a previously agreed upon directional choice pattern and start the BR round.
  • 8) Round lasts for a pre-specified period of time. Once that time has elapsed, the highest ranked among the participant tribes is declared the winner and the rewards are tabulated.

Now thats how I'd personally prefer it.
However it may be protested that the invitation only" format for BR is very elitist (not that i consider strict quality control a bad thing at all) and that it defeats the purpose of a public forum thread where we ask for people's opinion on BR if we're going to restrict participation of BR to people that we've already decided on before hand.

For that purpose to include the general gist of this thread I'd modify my Organizing plan and replace steps 3, 4 and 5 of the above with the following:

• 3) Accept applications from forum users who would like to participate in BR
  • 4) Sift through the applications sent to select the ideal candidates for BR
  • 5) the candidates who we pick from the applications sent will be required to pay an entry fee for joining . . ., etc

None of the above is set in stone but if this idea is to get anywhere beyond speculation in this thread, and I'm quite keen on making sure that this time around BR does happen, then I'd say the organizers need to get to get together and start implementing the steps mentioned here or a set of practical alternatives.

I think the teams should be selected by leaders choice. Like:

Leader A picks,
Leader B picks,
Leader C picks,
Leader C picks,
Leader B picks, etc. Yes, it goes backwards so that leader A does not always get the "first round pick."

If it was based purely on luck, I think that COULD be good, but more often than not one team will be completely garbage while another is clearly the best.

My two-cents.

DeletedUser

exsacly

hes a great leader

just ask the folks in random on w39 :p and other worlds he left :(

still wating to see these member lists

LD
I'm one of those W39 folks. Pervis's tribe ran roughshod all over us in ID. I really would like to see him as a leader.

Thanks for the overview Pervis. Nice to see that the idea is still being planned.

DeletedUser

I think the teams should be selected by leaders choice. Like:

Leader A picks,
Leader B picks,
Leader C picks,
Leader C picks,
Leader B picks, etc. Yes, it goes backwards so that leader A does not always get the "first round pick."

If it was based purely on luck, I think that COULD be good, but more often than not one team will be completely garbage while another is clearly the best.

My two-cents.
ack, ABCBCACABABCBCACAB........Then no one ever doubles, or gets first choice more often....

I'd also like to join, though I seriously doubt I'd be accepted.

DeletedUser

I've been sitting here crossing my fingers for just over 7 hours now, I'm tired and hungry.

At least you have something good to drink to take your mind offa it :)

*crosses everything and prays for the go ahead *

<3

DeletedUser

Well there appear to be (already) 18 set premades to join world 3. If this battle royal goes ahead surely there would have to be more to it than 16 waste tribes along with the PP gang. I don't know how it would be done but putting names in the hat and picking out would only really, justifiably work IF the tribes were set as permanent. i.e. once you are in a tribe you cannot leave unless the leader kicks. I can just see the majority of "better" players going to one place, thus creating the same scene that has plagued the .net worlds with worlds of very little competition.

If there is any progress on putting names up on a list and then set leaders picking them off I think that would create a stronger start to a world than the average, world in world out tonne of premades.

DeletedUser

fulong the purpose is to face some good competition and have a laugh, all good players joining one tribe would ruin it.

The other premades do not matter as likely battle royale will have three teams

i hope that all the tribes share one faorum where we can have general bant and slagging

Nauzhror

Reaction score
The other premades do not matter as likely battle royale will have three teams

four teams, and well, this may sound harsh, but none of the W3 premades have member lists that are impressive, anyone who's good has mostly avoided them in lieu of BR.

DeletedUser

Many will join this, its only one thing im conserned about:S

4 teams, one in each K (ne,sw etca) if im right?:3
If its gonna be 4 teams with that waste amount of players thats going too join if it wont be any demands (regardless of pp for getting in, thats just going too take down 1/3 of the "trach" at max), it will be a hugfactory with 4 teams...it will be booring until the teams are big enough too fight each other:/

DeletedUser

It will be but then again isn't that the whole idea ?

The whole idea is that it will be a good competition, but it will take so much time before it really kicks of if it would be 4 teams>.<

I suggest 8 teams, 2 in each direction, then it wont be so boring until you get a hold in your K:3

DeletedUser

The whole idea is that it will be a good competition, but it will take so much time before it really kicks of if it would be 4 teams>.<

I suggest 8 teams, 2 in each direction, then it wont be so boring until you get a hold in your K:3

No-one has decided the number of teams . The original post says two.
I suppose this is just another detail that will have to be ironed out if indeed it goes ahead .

<3

DeletedUser

Well, well, well guess I'm back in on this, can I say I was convinced to play?

Off Topic - Sorry for dropping on you in W2, Nauz.

DeletedUser

Many will join this, its only one thing im conserned about:S

4 teams, one in each K (ne,sw etca) if im right?:3
If its gonna be 4 teams with that waste amount of players thats going too join if it wont be any demands (regardless of pp for getting in, thats just going too take down 1/3 of the "trach" at max), it will be a hugfactory with 4 teams...it will be booring until the teams are big enough too fight each other:/

There are many, many ways of taking an opponent down a notch or two before cats even come out. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of random clearing attempts, major spiking issues and many players taken largely out of the running through loss of troops at an early stage.

DeletedUser

There are many, many ways of taking an opponent down a notch or two before cats even come out. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of random clearing attempts, major spiking issues and many players taken largely out of the running through loss of troops at an early stage.

I didnt really see why you posted that, i know but i cant see the link in how this is topic too what i posted>.<

If you meant that it still will be shallenging at the start, then ill argue against that statement. about 70%+ of the good players will join BR, that will say that you wont meet much of a shallenge in your own K early on becouse the tribes will go in theyre own direction.

And a mass wants too join (im betting 200-300, and 2/3 is avarange/under avarange experience), you can deny all of them if your making a normal tribe...but if you have too pay eks 3 pp too get in and then lock the tribes and give the pp too the winnin g team...how can you deny all those 200 id they will pay?>.<

The problem is that you will either get inactivety when your not paying pp...or you will get such a big bunch that it will be a hugg in every K>.<

Its a big problem who has too be dealt with:/

DeletedUser

i hope it will be around 10-20 per team, any more and it woul dbe hugs, also we might end up with like 8 or more tribes,

Nauzhror

Reaction score

And a mass wants too join (im betting 200-300, and 2/3 is avarange/under avarange experience), you can deny all of them if your making a normal tribe...but if you have too pay eks 3 pp too get in and then lock the tribes and give the pp too the winnin g team...how can you deny all those 200 id they will pay?>.<

They will be denied, and refunded their PP. Letting them in dilutes the entire goal. Frankly if there were more than 60-80 members total between all 4 teams I would not be interested in joining as it'd be no different than a normal tribe/world.

DeletedUser

nauz, i reckon 10-20 members per tribe, but i reckon might be interesting with 6/8 teams, instead of the four u suggested

DeletedUser

They will be denied, and refunded their PP. Letting them in dilutes the entire goal. Frankly if there were more than 60-80 members total between all 4 teams I would not be interested in joining as it'd be no different than a normal tribe/world.

Good, then it wont ruin the fun both for the mayority of the players and BR itself:3

That or 8 teams+...

Would be fun too join, but it would be even more funny too try taking down one or two of the BR tribes from the outher core when they smash against each other for the lolz...>.>

I just found myself a great goal that im going too fail at, YEAY!^.^

Nauzhror

Reaction score
nauz, i reckon 10-20 members per tribe, but i reckon might be interesting with 6/8 teams, instead of the four u suggested

Is almost certainly 4 teams, was 4 back when planned for W20/21, four leaders back then were intended to be Purple Predator, Pervis, Ashmodai, Seductive-Dominatrix.