Battle Royale - Round 1 (UK3)

DeletedUser

As mentioned already, this isnt so much a premade tribe as it is a friendly bloodfest.

Ever wanted to slam your friends?

Ever wanted to go toe to toe with great players?

Tired of endless noob nobling?

If so, Battle Royale is for you.

Once upon a time, say about the time of w20 or w21 or .net, myself and a few friends had an idea to revolutionize the way tribalwars was played. We had visions of gathering as many great players as we could and then beat the snot out of each other. The concept was to have it based on pride and achievement. Each player would get a dogtag signature where achievements would be displayed as mementos of battle. Once a round ended, a new one would begin on a new world, etc...

We gathered a very nice collection of talent but in the end nothing ever came of it.

I have decided to resurrect the concept and see if we can bring excitement and competition to UK.

Here is the Core:
A couple of leaders will be voted and then there will be a closed door draft fromthe pool of players that have signed up.

Each team will essentially be a tribe in game.

At a certain point decided upon beforehand, all out mahem will ensue.

There will be rules of course.

Because it can easily be seen that inactivity could kill this concept, there needs to be incentive to stay active. Therefore, we have decided that before getting your name into the pool of players for drafting, there will be an entry fee of 3 premium points. At the end of the round, all of the premium will be distributed to the winning team. (If for some reason you dont end up on a team, your premium would be refunded of course)

That is only the rough concept but is there interest?
(*Glances at Tracey and Thar to see if they want in)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2118

Toss me in please. Sounds like the kind of thrill I haven't had since w19.net. A couple concerns though:
1)It's hard for people who sympathize with each other to be cutthroat when they need to.
2)Other tribes could possibly shame a team into disaster before the real fight got under way.
3)World recruitment. Sometimes you should recruit, getting the right newbs can make for a much better and thrilling competition. A strict limit on total recruitable of course.
4)Premium, very few people will invest premium like this. Part of why the high performance rounds were such pathetic failures in .net

Nauzhror

Reaction score
2)Other tribes could possibly shame a team into disaster before the real fight got under way.

I very highly doubt that. I mean it is possible, but the lineup of the teams will likely put most premades to shame.

DeletedUser

I've created a simlair idea in W32, I'll post a breif explanaition in a few mins.

DeletedUser

I would like to throw my name in i play w24 .net im ranked 394 in ranking and oda and would love to have funs with this and kick butt

DeletedUser

Step by step explanaition.

We will start by asking this question:

What is a tribe?

Answer: A tribe is a community of players sharing the same common goal.

To go on we must ask this question:

What is TribalWars?

Answer: TribalWars is a game.

And this one:

What is the universal goal of games?

Answer: To win.

Then this one:

What is the unwritten goal of a tribe?

Answer: Since we are playing a game the goal is to win.

Next:

What is a rule?

Answer: The guideline to a game or life or the laws of the world; the world runs on rules.

Next:

So is the goal a rule?

Answer: Yes, it is an unwritten rule of the game without it you could not play properly.

Next:

Has this rule-goal ever been broken?

Answer: Yes.

Next:

How?

By switching the rule with another, I said the game could not work without the main goal but you can suplement a new one.

Next:

So you can change the game by changeing the goal?

No, you can only change the goal of your tribe as a duke. You would have to be duke of all the tribes in the game to change the game.

Next:

So how do you change the goal of your tribe as duke?

Answer: Simple, normally a tribes forums are focused on the portion of the game bassed on expanding your villages. If you change the focus of your forums you've changed the focus of your tribe and created a new common goal for your tribe in place of the old. Example: Focus your tribe on making guides on how to play bassed of their experince, you will have a group of people making guides and sharing ideas. As they practice this new focus they will get better. Just as they praticed the old goal of how to play they got better.

Next:

Has anyone every done this on purpose?

Answer: No, not that I know of.

Next:

So has it ever happend by mistake?

Answer: Yes.

Next:

Could you explain?

Answer: Yes, but you might not understand. Explanaition: You are in a tribe. Your tribe goes to war with a much bigger tribe. Your tribe loses and you all restart in the center of your tribe. The morale of your tribe is gone and your tribe only remains because they devloped and bond with eachother and they still want to talk. There goal is no longer to win, but to talk with their ex-tribe members. The goal has been changed yet they are unaware of it.

Conclusion: The main goal of your tribe can be changed to just about anything, it is better to create a tribe ahead of time with an abnormal goal rather than to change your goal midway through the game with a group of random people who want to play the game noramlly.

To council: If you get lost point it out to me and I will try to explain. Whole new branches of tribes can be created based on the players intrests.

Lan

----

I've thought much deeper on the concept of this since I made this explanaition two weeks ago, I've even made a few test tribes. I would love to join this premade just to see how it turns out and so I can take a few notes. I'm a good player so my joining wont be a toatal loss.

DeletedUser

I'm in, definitely. It sounds interesting, and I'd like something different. I'll also throw my name in for leading ;). But honestly, premium points sound good, especially if you win, but it may not be necessary.

DeletedUser

I would LOVE to join. I'll let you know. Gotta get a hold of 3 PP lol

I shall PM closer to the opening date PP.

I also want to throw in my name for a leader.
(Honestly, who doesn't want a leader as annoying as me?)

Obviously, I'll be active enough.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind trying, for the excitement. I'll probably be one of the first to go.

DeletedUser

Anyway to get an idea of the "rules". I'm curious as to whether coplaying will be allowed. I know there are ways around this and such but I know personally I can't commit the time for such an epic scenario to take place. Therefore, I would need a coplayer, but if coplaying is against your house rules, I'll respectfully stay out of this round and wait for another.

DeletedUser

I'l get involved.:D

Sounds great.:)