W1N . Declare or die

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4320

Simply because he is stating a fact, he is not trying to refute the difficulty had fighting KN if there was even difficulty, the quote you gave was merely pointing out that W1N will always fight smaller tribes when taken individually as being warred by us because W1N is rank one. There is no straw man argument, just a simple fact.

As I said in my rebuttal, there is nothing wrong with his argument (that W1N always will war smaller tribes) per se, but it refutes a position that I didn't have. And that is a textboox example of a straw man argument as the saying goes.

there is still a margin of error in what you say, as Luke pointed out by saying you were warred by three family tribes. Which is 100% not true.

=KN= was warred by players from the W1N family. That is one.
=KN= was warred by players from the T4H family. That is two.
=KN= was warred by players from the TR family. That is three.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

DeletedUser1189

Your wrong. Do you know how a straw man argument plays out. JudgeReIIiK post showed some stats and posed a statement of fact. Only one post. He would of needed to argue another point based on his original statement for it to be straw man.

Your right I guess. You could say you were warred by the w1n family, as at this present point in time, people are right if they call us a family in that fact we are made up of two parts. However, you use the words w1n family over and over in some vain attempt to sound cooler, when we all know when the actual event happened which you speak of, w1n was not a family tribe.

DeletedUser589

Dubby I am sooooo bored of hearing about a dead tribe from a dead player. Therefore as an FYI you are on my blocked list. Have fun on the externals, I know they will be a much better place for me with out having to read your pointless posts. Arguing about nothing and always bringing back the tired old arguement about KN. How you havent been banned for spamming all of the threads is beyond me? Please for the good of your own health get over it, KN and you are dead or at least as good as.

You have been judged and found wanting, thanks for playing.

DeletedUser

Luke... I'm gonna noble you anyhow!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4320

Your wrong. Do you know how a straw man argument plays out.

Yes, I do. I even explained it to you in my initial reply. Wayne tried to refute my post, but he attacks the argument that the W1N family wars smaller tribes, which is a position not held by me. There is nothing wrong in his argument against the straw man’s position, but it goes above the goal as the saying goes as it isn’t a rebuttal of my position.

Your right I guess. You could say you were warred by the w1n family, as at this present point in time, people are right if they call us a family in that fact we are made up of two parts.

Exactly, thank you for agreeing mate!

However, you use the words w1n family over and over in some vain attempt to sound cooler, when we all know when the actual event happened which you speak of, w1n was not a family tribe.

Come again please, cooler? W1N is de facto a family as of now and thus I am merely using the appropriate terminology.

Dubby I am sooooo bored of hearing about a dead tribe from a dead player. Therefore as an FYI you are on my blocked list. Have fun on the externals, I know they will be a much better place for me with out having to read your pointless posts. Arguing about nothing and always bringing back the tired old arguement about KN.

Regarding you putting me on ignore I cannot say that I am surprised, it is your prerogative to refuse to engage in debate with me and given your track record so far I think it is a wise choice. The fact that it actually was Abdo who brought up the W1N =KN= skirmish in this thread just makes the ironing so much more delicious as the saying goes.

DeletedUser1189

Your wrong Dubby, at its core the straw man argument requires that Wayne argues against his first initial argument with an even stronger argument based on the consequences of something added into his initial argument. All Wayne did was stated a fact. And that was W1N will always fight tribes smaller than them as they hold the rank 1 position in a game of numbers. Id like you to break down for me exactly how it was a straw argument as im really curios to see if you talking bollocks or are basing your wild statements on logic somewhere

DeletedUser4320

Your wrong Dubby, at its core the straw man argument requires that Wayne argues against his first initial argument with an even stronger argument based on the consequences of something added into his initial argument.

You are wrong Roch. The core of the straw man argument is that an arguer argues the point of a straw man rather than the point of the person he is addressing.

All Wayne did was stated a fact. And that was W1N will always fight tribes smaller than them as they hold the rank 1 position in a game of numbers.

Yes, Wayne did state a fact and that fact was correct. But as Wayne was addressing my post, he was trying to rebut the point I presented in my post. So stating a fact wasn’t all he did, it was also part of an argument to tell me I was wrong.

Id like you to break down for me exactly how it was a straw argument as im really curios to see if you talking bollocks or are basing your wild statements on logic somewhere

I’ve already done this a couple of times now, but hey why not. This time let me feed it to you with the table spoon as the saying goes.

I presented an argument rebutting Abdo’s erroneous claims of it only being a few local players from the W1N family that was involved in the conflict. And that because of the size of the involved parties (in plural due to the TR and T4H involvement), the time spent and the recruiting this wasn’t a verily impressive victory.

To rebut this Wayne wrote:

Yes the mightiest tribe (W1N) smashed your smaller tribe but this is not our fault! Being number 1 means nobody is above you....meaning that you can only fight and conquer from tribes smaller than you and lower in rankings, I apologise for being the top tribe in UK1.....I'll try and get W1N to fall in rankings but having so many excellent players.....I do not hold much hope for this to happen.

As you can see, Wayne is not arguing against my position, but rather a misrepresentation of my position. And since he is arguing a point I haven’t presented, he is arguing against a straw man as the saying goes.

And that is why it is a straw man argument.

DeletedUser1189

Your taking out of context the basis and meaning of the post, then making an assumption about what has been said to suit your own needs. Making what you claim irrelevant.

DeletedUser4320

Your taking out of context the basis and meaning of the post, then making an assumption about what has been said to suit your own needs. Making what you claim irrelevant.

So now you do agree that it was a straw man argument, only that it was irrelevant to the argument.

Is that a correct reading of your post?

DeletedUser1189

No, thats not what I'm saying. Your misunderstanding of the situation comes from the fact that Wayne merely presented some facts. There is not an argument in there, certainly not to do with anything you posted about other than the fact your discussing the same war. Your trying to argue a fallacy when there just isn't one there.

DeletedUser4320

Wayne randomly presented some facts that wasn't an argument to the discussion?

Yes, that sounds plausible. No, not really of course just joking and pulling your leg a little there as the saying goes.

Of course the postage of facts was an argument to the ongoing discussion, he even quite explicitly stated that I was the receiver of the quoted tidbit. As I've said there is nothing wrong with his argument, but he is arguing a position I've not put forth and that makes a straw man argument.

DeletedUser1189

I didn't say that, I said you were discussing the same war, not that he randomly did anything. The difference is, I see it as a discussion about the information presented, where as you have already taken a defensive stance and assumed it is an argument against you. If anything he was replying to this incorrect statement you made in the post before which clearly argues about the strength and size of tribes.

... For that I thank you, but in the end my tribe got beaten by the 3 mightiest families in UK1 ...

DeletedUser4320

You say that it was a discussion regarding the information presented, which further solidifies my claim that it was an argument addressed to me. He even explicitly addressed me in his reply. Unfortunately it was an straw man argument as he argued a position I never had as I never argued that warring tribes smaller than your own was less than stellar as the saying goes.

As for your claim that the quoted statement is incorrect, would you please tell me how it is incorrect?

DeletedUser1189

I've already said you were discussing the same war, telling me that it was an argument pointed at you was irrelevant as its clear to everyone some of it was directed at you as your name is used. Kudos for winning your own argument about something everyone knew in the first place.

Wayne also never said that warring tribes smaller than our own was less than stella. Thats something you have made up to try and validate your own argument. I have already shown that you brought tribe size into the discussion with the previous post with your mention of the three largest families.

DeletedUser4320

I've already said you were discussing the same war, telling me that it was an argument pointed at you was irrelevant as its clear to everyone some of it was directed at you as your name is used.

So then we've now established that Wayne in fact was putting forth an argument towards me, something you earlier denied. We are making progress here! And since he was not arguing my point, but rather a point of a straw man, it was a straw man argument.

Wayne also never said that warring tribes smaller than our own was less than stella.

And I've never said that Wayne said that warring tribes smaller than his own was less than stellar. He was arguing against the notion that warring tribes smaller than his own was less than stellar. A proposition not put forth by me, which is why it is a straw man argument.

If anything he was replying to this incorrect statement you made in the post before which clearly argues about the strength and size of tribes.

And I ask you again; what is incorrect with this statement; For that I thank you, but in the end my tribe got beaten by the 3 mightiest families in UK1 ?

DeletedUser

Dubby,

There was no arguement.

I posted some facts that I feel are far more important than arguing, these facts were not presented in anyway to be discussed, why discuss the posting of a fact such as taken villages? Because at the end of the day as I stated in an earlier post the point of playing Tribal Wars is to take villages, we did this on a massive scale against =KN=.

I also never said fighting smaller tribes was "less stellar" I was just pointing out yet another fact that being the number one tribe.....you can only fight tribes smaller than you.

And I ask you again; what is incorrect with this statement; For that I thank you, but in the end my tribe got beaten by the 3 mightiest families in UK1 ?

Again Dubby the part where you are incorrect is saying you were "Beaten" by the 3 mightest families.

=KN= were beaten by W1N, your backs were broken, offering no offense and no defense so......I would say this is a sign the W1N beat you.

T4H came in late and took nothing more than a handful of villages, TR even later.......they saw blood and came in because they knew we were gaining a massive foothold in a K they believed was theirs.

So to keep stating you were "beaten" by the 3 mightest families over and over just you repeating the lie over and over.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I wouldn't waste my time with Dubby, he's keen to inflate his ego into thinking he managed to defy the greatest tribe on UK1.

Indeed, if defiance means rather than avoiding being guillotined by W1N, he chose to guillotine himself to avoid the shame, then by all means, he is victorious on that front.

Let him be proud for his 5 mins of fame and glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.