UK 4 End Of Year Awards

DeletedUser

I have found this surprisingly difficult, everytime I think I have picked a candidate I think of a reason to vote someone else :icon_confused: so am going for 2 for each and will purposely try to stay away from PEST people :D

Tribe of the Year

=FATE= for resurrecting the remnants of 404 after their duke disbanded full credit to them.
WET always classed as noobs, and maybe their average player is not so great but they have a few diamonds and a great leadership, that pull their tribe together.

Best Player of the Year

Lindeking - he is not really spoken about much but has held rank 1 for an age, very much a team player I would def play another world with him.

mrlucaboy - really like his style reminds me of someone.

Best Tribe Leader of the Year

Adellion - Yes I was shocked too, I don't know if I should say why, maybe one day.

Morning Willow - Love this lady even though I think she used to hate me.

Forum Personality of the Year

Olis/Jimmy - Can I count them as one?
Radarr - Another shock - Even though he seems incapable of posting unbiased stats I do like a lot of his posts.

I didn't like either of the above when they started posting, too much generalisation and made too many assumptions about people they didn't know, are always pretty personal (ie Jimmys post above about kn*bheads) but I put that down to their youth, over the last few months I have started to like what they have to say and they do keep the forums alive.

Sorry Onetruth but you've disappeared :S

War of the Year

Well my favourite war was Bi! vs WET, that was great fun, all the others have been boring for me in comparison.

Biggest Forum Presence

I would say this is pretty even between PEST, FATE and WET, so I vote no one.

DeletedUser

Tribe of the Year

=FATE= - My reason for this is that they saw off the threat of Bi! and have probably been the most aggresive of the tribes on this world this year (or part of the year the world has been open).
However as the year is closing out WET and +PEST- are snapping hard at their heels.

Best Player of the Year

scouseseamus - Currently 2nd in the world and a serious player. I believe he will get the no.1 spot sooner than later.

Best Tribe Leader of the Year

Redfella - recently rejoined this world and I like the cut of his jib. If a bollocking is needed he can deliver, equally if a helping hand is needed he will jump in and help.

Adellion - by the proverbial country mile. Whether you loved him or loathed him he was without a doubt the W4 forum personality of the year.

Best Avatar/Sig

doomdealer666 - I love that siggy.

War of the Year

Probably Bi! v's =FATE= although the world war is a close 2nd.

PnP Of The Year

STA: bullying and animal cruelty - Proof that onetruth was one of the funniest guys on this world.

Biggest Forum Presence

Any tribe that JIMMY and Olis are a member of so that would currently have to be WET

DeletedUser

Tribe Of The Year - BI! - people probably wont agree but i dont think any other tribe comes close on uk4 (well maybe fate but still not close enough)

Player of The Year - morning star & BattleAxe (these guys are just great players)

Tribe Leader Of The Year - jpmullane - mainly for his support/training of noobs and putting up with irev-bubbles ;-)

Forum Personality Of The Year - Radarr and mrlucaboy

Best Avatar/Sig - not any one sig or avy in particular but i like phlipster's variety and creativity

War Of The Year
- BI! vs =FATE=

PNP Of The Year - TRAITOR - im probably the only person to vote this as i think t was hilarious on a personal note :D

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year - WET ... not for any other reason other than thier self confidence and completely biased opinions on every subject concerning them since the opening of w4. When everyone knows they are one of the least talented tribes (with the exception of acouple of thier players)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

also another possible award would be most respected enemy - my vote would go to luca - great attacker, been on the recieving end and by far one of the better players on the world (when he bothers to calculate properly and time)

DeletedUser

When everyone knows they are one of the least talented tribes (with the exception of acouple of thier players)

That to me sounds like a pretty bias comment :icon_biggrin: Also, aren't opinions meant to be biased?

Everyone on this forum is bias towards their own tribe :lol:

DeletedUser

mark21lancs said:
When everyone knows they are one of the least talented tribes (with the exception of acouple of thier players)
That to me sounds like a pretty bias comment
How is that bias? It would be if i was too even meantion one of my ex tribes (ie bi!, -pest+ or POP!), but this is completely un bias... just my opinion!

Whilst we're on the subject...
aren't opinions meant to be biased?
NO! not if your an honest person, then your opinion will be honest regardless, luca came very close tio being meantioned as one of the best players on uk4 however I just believe that ms and battle are better. He was an enemy so this would be completely unbias.... dont you think? i could have said me as leader of my one man tribe pop! however im not that pathetic and i answered the thread honestly, and yet again in true mass noob recruiting fasion let me guess... your another WET noob! typical. i'd love to meet just one wet member that give thier honest opinion
Everyone on this forum is bias towards their own tribe :lol:
wrong... some are yes but the majority of players place honest opinion over appearence of tribe unity. with the exception of WET. which is FACT (im waiting to be proved wrong). If you really wanna continue this i can start a new thread and arguably name one unbias honest person in each tribe other than WET. but first prove me wrong about WET.

:icon_rolleyes: some people/tribes never change.

DeletedUser

Opinions are bias whether you want them to be or not. Often respect can sway the opinion, but it is still bias nonetheless.

If I choose to be loyal to whichever tribe I am in, and am called a noob for that. Then I will gladly call myself a noob, but I refuse to accept that

WET ... not for any other reason other than thier self confidence and completely biased opinions on every subject concerning them since the opening of w4.

isn't bias? It is completely bias! It just so happens that it's bias against a tribe rather than for it. You have a problem with WET either subconsciously or consciously and so choose to express it in sly little comments like this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but at least have the courage to admit you dislike WET.

Everyone knows? So you speak for EVERYONE now? In fact we are such the least talented tribe that we are at the top spot, and have maintained the top spot and have been in a continuous war for the past 3 months.

So Untalented that...

Side 1:
Tribes: WET
Side 2:
Tribes: =FATE=

Timeframe: Last 3 months/Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 145
Side 2: 139
Difference: 6

chart

Atleast if you're going to refuse something is an opinion then give evidence showing it is a fact!

however im not that pathetic and i answered the thread honestly, and yet again in true mass noob recruiting fasion let me guess... your another WET noob! typical. i'd love to meet just one wet member that give thier honest opinion

Another opinion from you, and completely based on no substance. Why don't you throw everyone in the same basket? It's sure easy label everyone in a tribe as something isn't it.

Also well done, you have just met one WET member who has given their honest opinion: That you are bitter about something to do with WET.

DeletedUser

if you cant accept my reply to the topic start a new one then olis (perhaps call it - 2 noob or not 2 noob, that is the question :p ) I will more than happily argue there but this is getting beyond a joke of off topic.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but at least have the courage to admit you dislike WET.
- this doesnt take courage and pathatic techiques like this are only making you look silly. YES I DISLIKE WET (does this make me brave too) but i have a dislike for them due to experiences with them & knowledge of thier recruiting ways, thats how i have come to my opinion. how else does any body form an opinion, unless they are posting about something they know nothing of....?

I do not speak for everyone... however let start a nice poll thread asking the uk4 opinion on wet :D

true you stats are pretty equal against fate considering whom they are warring at the minute other than yourselves its pretty pathetic your boasting neutral stats :-|

It's sure easy label everyone in a tribe as something isn't it.
I DIDNT in fact i actually said there was exceptions.... READ IT AGAIN PROPERLY

DeletedUser

if you cant accept my reply to the topic start a new one then olis (perhaps call it - 2 noob or not 2 noob, that is the question :p ) I will more than happily argue there but this is getting beyond a joke of off topic.

- this doesnt take courage and pathatic techiques like this are only making you look silly. YES I DISLIKE WET (does this make me brave too) but i have a dislike for them due to experiences with them & knowledge of thier recruiting ways, thats how i have come to my opinion. how else does any body form an opinion, unless they are posting about something they know nothing of....?

I do not speak for everyone... however let start a nice poll thread asking the uk4 opinion on wet :D

true you stats are pretty equal against fate considering whom they are warring at the minute other than yourselves its pretty pathetic your boasting neutral stats :-|

I DIDNT in fact i actually said there was exceptions.... READ IT AGAIN PROPERLY

your another WET noob!

Seems like a generalisation to me :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser8195

I'm pretty unbiased! ;P

We WET (sounds less biased :p) also have more than one war going on. We have =FATE= on the whole West front line, with HELL all across the South West front line, SQPR all through the middle, and of course, hundreds of big scary BARBS to contend with D;

I'd say we're pretty busy too; wouldn't you? ;)

DeletedUser

Tribe Of The Year
+PEST- for their long serving time
=FATE= for their talents and teamwork

Player of The Year
Lindeking - Held #1 for ages now, not the most talented player but has incredible teamwork and loyalty
Battleaxe or mrlucaboy - Both of these are probably the most talented ive seen through my personal view on W4

Tribe Leader Of The Year
jpmullane - Neutral and smart, one of the best leaders ive seen. Can sometimes be too soft. Bubbles helped prevent that.

Forum Personality Of The Year
Onetruth - His entertainment is by far the best

Best Avatar/Sig
None amaze me, but probably doomdealer666 has the best sig

War Of The Year
To me, the late game wars have been pants. I can't really give an unbiased opinion as ive not kept a keen eye on other wars not involving PEST. My biased opinion has to be HYBRID vs PEST.

PNP Of The Year
Onetruth's - A Biology Lesson

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year
All the top few tribes seem to be equal, Probably WET or FATE.

DeletedUser4083

Tribe Of The Year:

Bi!- They were a great tribe and a great unit, until their egos eventually got in the way of things.

Player of The Year:

Scouseseamus- A great all round player. He has a good personality that comes attached with no ego, he just gets on and helps to run WET, whilst still taking the odd village when he feels like it :)

Tribe Leader Of The Year:

Morning Willow- A great personality, and a real dedication to the tribe. Without her WET would not be standing today, continuing to help out the smaller players and settling disputes with a seemingly never ending amount of patience and peace.

Forum Personality Of The Year:

Adellion- He has always come out with some good PnP's, and is very good at debating.

Best Avatar/Sig:

Thirsty- that is one nice vector sig :)

War Of The Year:

=FATE= VS WET- This is showing that it will be a long and difficult war, with neither giving much ground.

PNP Of The Year:

10 Steps To Becoming Straight- Just loved it!

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year:

WET- WET members have been steadily popping up on the forums, and with many more lurking it does seem that WET now have the larger forum presence.

DeletedUser

Tribe Of The Year:

Difficult, very very difficult, great tribes, all the way back when 404 was not even a twinkle in their founders eyes.

But tribe of the year has to be Bi! For no other reason that whilst it existed, the tribe included some excellent players who combined into a great tribe.

Player of The Year:

Candidates include smile?, battleaxe, lord wildheart, lindeking, morning star, mgegge, mrlucaboy,.

But have to go with battleaxe, especially after I thought he was a warty old she until someone told me his name.

Going to throw a controversial one in here.

Upbeatnas1 who ran an amazing tribe at the start of this world. Shame he couldn't afford to pay his internet bill and got cut off.

He would have wiped the floor with anyone.

Even though it pains me to say it, I got to go with, cough cough, Radarr. He causes so many people to get heated it is cool.

Best Avatar/Sig:

I really like cold-fusion, that is pure quality.

But I cannot give it to anyone but Olis750

War Of The Year:

Really liking the WETLUV Vs FATE one so close on stats.

PNP Of The Year:

Z P (formerly BK) vs Test! (Formerly W A R)

The king on the sand killed me off. Had to go and have a lie down.

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year:

Of course, only wetluv luvwet, WET

DeletedUser

I'm not being bias. I'm just stating what I think is right.

Tribe of The Year

iHate/Bi! - Why? Forget Bi!. Remember iHate and the infamousity that surrounded the tribe, having some of the greatest players on TW combined. The eqivalent of W1N on UK1, Shots on UK2, Rumble on UK3 before it, iHate was the premade to be in. The unusual situation about iHate was that it went from surreal premade fear, almost collapsed from internal strife, only to have the firm hand of new leaders to hold the tribe together (under a new name, but with the same tribe) under an iron fist.

The wars waged by Bi! were unusual due to the lack of a backline to defend with (when fighting DJLS, WET and later on, =FATE= and Vital).
The position of Bi! was also interesting since they never held any continent under their name (they were rank 2 in each core continent), except for the brief merge with Urban which didn't go according to plan (all failures/responsibilities lies with Urban I feel).

Without a doubt, some of the greatest players to play on UK4 were present in Bi!. The infamous Grant/Miggy/Namaz trio, Nauzhror, Tasha, BattleAxe, morning star, Mark21lancs... the list could go on.

It is for this reason, I will vote for iHate/Bi! to be the Tribe of the Year.

Player of The Year

Smile? - Even confessed startup kings such as Nauzhror could not cope with the sheer activity of Grant, Miggy & Namaz keeping this account running 24/7 with their expertly used Scout Report Evaluation of their farm runs. For the entire time this account was played actively, it maintained a significant gold coin lead over the rest of the top accounts in the world, which meant rank 1 was almost permenantly in the hands of Smile?.

To me, a truly fantastic leader is one that is able to lead on his own with very little assistance and make the correct decisions with his own mind without too much consultation, and be willing to upset some people for the greater good of the tribe. That being said, a leader who feels he could benefit from the opinion of others must know how to dissect good advice from bad. My experiences with tribe leaders on UK4 have been somewhat limited, having only really associated closely with the duke of +PEST-. Although personality-wise, there are no flaws with the leaders of =FATE= or WET etc, because I have not associated with many of them, the competition for me, is really between JPmullane of +PEST-, and the former leaders of iHate; Tasha & HeftySmurf. And what of 404's leader Ruffus, who has proven himself to be quite good at making decent startup tribes... but how long will his tribes' do on the later worlds atm, UK6 and UK7? And what of Adellion's departure which was the trigger for the collapse of Bi!?

I personally had no issues with Hefty and in all fairness, I am so ignorant of the situation I chose to ignore it entirely, and it sorted itself out (though not without scuffles). HeftySmurf has always amused me though, and is generally a good laugh ^_^

Tasha was a good player and knew what to expect from a leader, but one questions whether she managed to deliver or make the right decisions; it is almost certain that without Grant & myself, Tasha would've made a few wrong decisions as leader, so it is debatable how "good" a leader she was. Because I feel all the leaders of Bi! had flaws, I don't think it would be safe to call them "leader of the year" and thus, I would rather my vote go to JPmullane, because at least his council have the power to tie him down and thus bad decisions are rarely made. But a bit more Bi! aggression in JP's leadership may not hurt when making those tough-to-make decisions!

Forum Personality of The Year

Onetruth - One of the few people who manages to confuse me.

Best Avatar/Sig

Me? not fussed on this, I see decent sigs but they are posters on the forum itself, not UK4 in particular.

War of The Year

Bi! vs =FATE=/Vital/BOBB - This is the war that mattered because it was so big.

PnP of the Year

What interests you is what influences what PnP you think is good, although I feel this category should be judged on uniqueness of said PnP compared to others on UK4. As such, I am going to be blatantly bias to PnP created by Bi! or Bi! enemies. I would stay my "The Sword Is Laid On the Ground" PnP as being the one that matters due to its significance (leading to the demise of Bi!) and the fact that is was unique and different from all other PnPs on UK4.

Tribal Presence

1. iHate/Bi! - Cause they had the skill to back their mouths.
2. Vital - What they lacked in skill, they made up for with Radarr's excessively loud mouth.

(Vote goes to Bi!)

DeletedUser

Even though it pains me to say it, I got to go with, cough cough, Radarr. He causes so many people to get heated it is cool.

Hehe :icon_cool:

Tribal Presence
Vital - What they lacked in skill, they made up for with Radarr's excessively loud mouth.

You love me really! *angel face*

(PS. And if we lacked so much skill how come you lost...? :lol:)

Radarr - Another shock - Even though he seems incapable of posting unbiased stats I do like a lot of his posts.

Awww :icon_razz: I can really tell the ex-Bi! players really loved me... deep...deep...deep (etc.) down.

DeletedUser

(PS. And if we lacked so much skill how come you lost...? :lol:)

Don't bother trying to claim you murdered someone if in reality, that someone simply committed suicide infront of you while you stood there.

DeletedUser8195

You went out with a bang, so I'd say suicide bomber really. Not any ordinary suicide :lol:

DeletedUser

Don't bother trying to claim you murdered someone if in reality, that someone simply committed suicide infront of you while you stood there.

Yet in the end they're still gone... God Dammit :lol:

Wait, so you're saying that you failed all on yourselves?

failure-of-logic-fail-demotivational-poster-1209989155.jpg