OH no, The world changes again!

• Thread starter DeletedUser2154
  • Start date

DeletedUser

In fact - Didnt LRAG allow AK's former brother tribe to become there brother tribe (LRAGKA) - W1N recuit the best - LRAG recruited a whole tribe ;)

If the aim is to dominate in through war - WHY do many ORC/LRAG players intensely noble the barbarian villages around them????

(i understand a few in W1N also do - but i think you get the point)

Surely the difference is that w1n have been complaining, "I'm so good, and can't afford the nobles to keep up with all the but I'm kicking!" (Paraphrased a bit) and yet at the first chance of war they get... no wait that's not right, this isnt the first chance of war *DUH* I mean there was Che!!!, Orc, Flux, now lrag which you have chosen to make the war "shorter" and take the best players OR largest really. or tribe of course :p So if you want a competitive war so much why don't you attack T4H, the tribe you say is the second best in the world? or even just fight without recruitment?

Personally I would get seriously annoyed if I were part of the northern squad. I know from experience that recruiting the enimies best players removes the competition. It must be even worse when you are the biggest tribe in the world, have no need for extra players, but still try and remove the competition.

Oh well... I'm not part of the northern squad.

P.s. Luke

luke said:
It takes a brave man to bet against our northern squad
an example of your propaganda boosting the image of the northern squad.

w1n member said:
if your interested in joining W1n i can make that happen
Undermining the squad by implying that w1n need/want to recruit large LRAG players rather than meet them the conventional way.

Hope that helps.

DeletedUser

Yes we recruited him as he wants to fight LRAG and ORC and we are going to be fighting both soon. We share the same objectives so why not invite him in? Now that we are no longer allies we do not need to discuss such things. You are of course free to slate us if you think it was a bad move as we have done so for the creation of LEGION

If thats what he wants to do then fine but was it not you that kicked up a big fuss when he joined LRAG just after the cody affair. My views on the creation of LEGION will remain to myself for the time being

DeletedUser717

Surely the difference is that w1n have been complaining, "I'm so good, and can't afford the nobles to keep up with all the but I'm kicking!" (Paraphrased a bit) and yet at the first chance of war they get... no wait that's not right, this isnt the first chance of war *DUH* I mean there was Che!!!, Orc, Flux, now lrag which you have chosen to make the war "shorter" and take the best players OR largest really. or tribe of course :p So if you want a competitive war so much why don't you attack T4H, the tribe you say is the second best in the world? or even just fight without recruitment?
Welcome to the contradiction corner. Exactly because we want a competitive war we want more nobles. It's not really a war if you can't noble, is it?

Oh, and what's that about abdo having been a refugee? He was a member of DOA, our allies if I remember correctly.

DeletedUser589

Personally I would get seriously annoyed if I were part of the northern squad. I know from experience that recruiting the enimies best players removes the competition. It must be even worse when you are the biggest tribe in the world, have no need for extra players, but still try and remove the competition.

P.s. Luke

an example of your propaganda boosting the image of the northern squad.

Undermining the squad by implying that w1n need/want to recruit large LRAG players rather than meet them the conventional way.

Hope that helps.

It does indeed help me to understand where you got that belief from so I hope this straightens it out.

W1N council and me in particular as I stated above have full confidence in the northen squad (getting bored of writing it) however a member acting on his own free will decided to contact a player he heard was unhappy for his own reasons. So please how does that mean that W1N are undermiming the northern squad?

If one man in England approaches someone in Afghanistan and says "I hear you are unhappy being part of the al-qaeda" Does that mean that the entire of england undermimes the british army? By yours and Kilroys arguements it does . . .

Finally the northern squad have nothing to worry about as W1N have not tried recruiting. That is of course not to say we wont, especially with the interesting mails we have been getting from LRAG of late

DeletedUser

Welcome to the contradiction corner. Exactly because we want a competitive war we want more nobles. It's not really a war if you can't noble, is it?

Not really a contradiction though, because you can get nobles, your not in a situation without nobles, your just limited on the amount you can make at any time. Not only that but just because you want nobles doesnt mean competitive war it could mean you just want to take on weak oppenants, it doesnt even mean war, could be for barbs,

Regardless though, this is out of context. The point I made ,and you have avoided, is that fact that against competitive opponents you should have to fight them long enough to be able to produce nobles to then take there villages. Thus, if you are that annoyed about not having enough nobles, take on a more competitive opponent.

DeletedUser589

If thats what he wants to do then fine but was it not you that kicked up a big fuss when he joined LRAG just after the cody affair. My views on the creation of LEGION will remain to myself for the time being

Yes we did. Circumstances change and I think that is a fair justification. We can go into that more if you wish but that in its self is a long debate lol.

Everyone is welcome to their views on the formation of LEGION, we have seen some interesting mails sent by both LRAG and ORC members to their councils expressing their discontent towards the move, we agree with those mails and feel it is a bad decision by both councils which is why we created the pnp. No issues with merging or recruiting in general but we wanted to pick at this decision, after all, that is what pnp is for

DeletedUser1942

P.s. Luke

Half price nobles was an idea. Think about it - theres no good being the best if you cannot take out the rubbish that still sits in the world. Having said that - the players still devoting some time to farming arent struggling for nobles right now. (i know im not)

While it does get rid of the competition, it is also wise to do. The recruitment of a few ORCies helped W1N to dominate other areas behind there lines - and also allowed the frontlines to be pushed on even more,

As for the T4H comment - LRAG/ORC etc will be wishing W1N have to fight another enemy.

DeletedUser589

Not really a contradiction though, because you can get nobles, your not in a situation without nobles, your just limited on the amount you can make at any time. Not only that but just because you want nobles doesnt mean competitive war it could mean you just want to take on weak oppenants, it doesnt even mean war, could be for barbs,

Regardless though, this is out of context. The point I made ,and you have avoided, is that fact that against competitive opponents you should have to fight them long enough to be able to produce nobles to then take there villages. Thus, if you are that annoyed about not having enough nobles, take on a more competitive opponent.

We are taking on multiple opponents, in fact soon we will be at war with 5 out of the top 10 tribes, Id say that is competitive in its own right, wouldnt you agree?

T4H are the second strongest tribe in this world and both our tribes look forward to that final showdown, until that moment I believe both councils are interested in making sure that their tribe are as strong as can possibly be for that battle and therefore what is the point in killing off a good player that I feel will be more useful to W1N during the final fight?

I am always thinking about the future, every decision is a strategic move where possible (admittedly sometimes our hands are forced as such with this conflict now) People may question or slate my decisions as leader but so far I feel they have served W1N well.

DeletedUser

It does indeed help me to understand where you got that belief from so I hope this straightens it out.

W1N council and me in particular as I stated above have full confidence in the northen squad (getting bored of writing it) however a member acting on his own free will decided to contact a player he heard was unhappy for his own reasons. So please how does that mean that W1N are undermiming the northern squad?

If one man in England approaches someone in Afghanistan and says "I hear you are unhappy being part of the al-qaeda" Does that mean that the entire of england undermimes the british army? By yours and Kilroys arguements it does . . .

Finally the northern squad have nothing to worry about as W1N have not tried recruiting. That is of course not to say we wont, especially with the interesting mails we have been getting from LRAG of late

If one man in England approaches someone in Afghanistan and says "I hear you are unhappy being part of the al-qaeda would you like to join the british army?" Does that mean that the entire of england undermimes the british army? By yours and Kilroys arguements it does . . .

No, but surely it tells us this man does. Which logically makes you question why? As dubby would say "no smoke without fire" (sorry)

I've tried extending the metaphor, but its just too ridicules. I mean when has a member in a tribe been the same as someone born in a country? When has england become an autocracy? This is a poor metaphor, and doesn't defeat the point myself and Kilroy has made.

DeletedUser717

Okay, now your point is a bit clearer. Well yes, if ORC were better opponent, our noble drought might be lessened. But then again, are you saying that a) LRAG is not a competitive opponent or b) that it's okay to crave war with an ally if it's T4H but not if it's LRAG? You see me in the confused corner now. *edit* .. as the saying goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser589

If one man in England approaches someone in Afghanistan and says "I hear you are unhappy being part of the al-qaeda would you like to join the british army?" Does that mean that the entire of england undermimes the british army? By yours and Kilroys arguements it does . . .

No, but surely it tells us this man does. Which logically makes you question why? As dubby would say "no smoke without fire" (sorry)

I've tried extending the metaphor, but its just too ridicules. I mean when has a member in a tribe been the same as someone born in a country? When has england become an autocracy? This is a poor metaphor, and doesn't defeat the point myself and Kilroy has made.

Actually its a perfect metaphor and does defeat it perfectly hence why you can not combat it.
The metaphor works because it is one person amongst a group of people who simply approached another person. It had nothing to do with W1N hierarchy and nothing to do with the tribes feelings towards the northern squad.

Perhaps Colser personally felt that it would help them but thats a question only he can answer, I wouldnt want to presume to know his thoughts. . . would you?

DeletedUser

We are taking on multiple opponents, in fact soon we will be at war with 5 out of the top 10 tribes, Id say that is competitive in its own right, wouldnt you agree?

No, don't be silly. A competitive fight is one which is close. If you recruit the best players from these tribes the fight will be a breeze. No competition despite the ranks.

Okay, now your point is a bit clearer. Well yes, if ORC were better opponent, our noble drought might be lessened. But then again, are you saying that a) LRAG is not a competitive opponent or b) that it's okay to crave war with an ally if it's T4H but not if it's LRAG? You see me in the confused corner now.

:) My plan is working Muhahaha!

A) we don't know if LRAG will be competitive. I believe they will, make up your own mind. However if you recruit the best I think you destroy any chance of a competitive fight.

B) I've never said it isn't alright to crave a fight with LRAG ;) Infact I would think it much better if W1N said they wanted to fight LRAG, because they saw an opportunity, and wanted a good fight. However Luke has said himself that this is all because of a refugee.

That shoulld explain my argument, and counter your points. I repeat(slightly changes to be a broder statement):

Surely the attempted recruitment tells colser doesn't believe in the northern squad. Which logically makes you question why? As dubby would say "no smoke without fire" (sorry)

DeletedUser

I can't speak on behalf of the council or recruiters but not sure where I've downplayed anything regarding the northern squad. Again, be welcome if you pointed that out: I'm a stickler for black and white.

Blergh, I am a sleepy boy, but I shall gather up all my salient points in the morning, when I am more motivated to do so.

As I have mentioned earlier in this thread, I shall not discuss hypotheticals, but only the facts, and here are a collection of interesting quotes from this very thread.

They're capable of fighting anyone, and they've shown that on a number of occasions in the past. I was merely pointing out the fact that if yourself or Metallic believe that they can only succeed through recruitment, it's a dangerous game to play. If that wasn't the insinuation then why keep on bringing it up?

You got to feel sorry for LRAG though, now they have to go against arguably W1N's most active and aggresive team of players, the northern team, its not like ORC are causing them any trouble or will do in the future, so they will just continue to eat ORC and then plow through LRAG

Some players from enemy tribes are worth a place - W1N have sensibly recruited very good members from ORC, who have played an integral part in the domination over ORC.

You now have to fight side by side with the joke players they have - the same players your various LRAG forum presences mocked for being useless at every opportunity.

What does the above tell us? Like you say, W1N's Northern Squad have enjoyed successes against ORC, but as Stutzy so delicately puts it, W1N recruit those that prove worthy of a place in W1N, leaving - and I quote - "joke players" that are "useless" to face W1N's squad; as such, it is a perfectly valid point that I make regarding W1N's attempted recruitment of Pinto.

Unfortunately comments like care to join Luke Bishop in "Kilroy's Contradiction Corner" make you seem patronising and condescending which is sadly what the externals always seem to degenerate into.

Alas, patronising and condescending are but two of my features, along with paranoid, stubborn, verbose, unkempt, unclean and uncouth . . . but I'm lovely really - honest.

Kilroy

DeletedUser

Actually its a perfect metaphor and does defeat it perfectly hence why you can not combat it.
The metaphor works because it is one person amongst a group of people who simply approached another person. It had nothing to do with W1N hierarchy and nothing to do with the tribes feelings towards the northern squad.

Perhaps Colser personally felt that it would help them but thats a question only he can answer, I wouldnt want to presume to know his thoughts. . . would you?

Sorry for the double post but.

I wouldnt want to presume to know his thoughts. . . would you? Yes, people should expect to be judged on their actions.

Wrong. Because of the size of england and the fact it does not personally recruit who lives in the country. You have recruited Colser, thus he is your responsability and represents your tribe. A lot more than an indiviual in england does...

DeletedUser1942

What does the above tell us? Like you say, W1N's Northern Squad have enjoyed successes against ORC, but as Stutzy so delicately puts it, W1N recruit those that prove worthy of a place in W1N, leaving - and I quote - "joke players" that are "useless" to face W1N's squad; as such, it is a perfectly valid point that I make regarding W1N's attempted recruitment of Pinto.

It wasnt W1N's attempted recruitment however was it? It was 1 member mailing another member - Nice to see you over looked Lukes comment though.

Some players are worth taking in, due to location, and presence in areas. As LRAG did with the WHOLE of KA.

Lets' be honest aswell Kilroy - Many an LRAG member on here has spoken about ORC's lack of skill and utter uselessness ETC - then LRAG decide to merge into some sort of Brotherhood with them!!

W1N recruit players who will be of use - LRAG/ORC recruit anyone and everyone.

DeletedUser

So Luke, if I talk so much nonsense what is your reasoning for several breaks in our agreement?

• Colser took nine villages of a LRAG player
  • The K5 border agreement being broke and W1N nobling 10 barbs in K5
  • The continuous attacks on mmatthews
Twelve days into the ending of the agreement and you have broken 3 parts of the agreement, whereas we have broken none.

You are colser's leader, are you not? Do you declare yourself not in control of his actions?

001 Chipping Norton (727|121) K17 9,736 mmatthews [LRAG] omegawebby [W1N] 2010-12-30 23:52:05
001 Middle Barton (727|118) K17 9,686 mmatthews [LRAG] omegawebby [W1N] 2010-12-30 14:30:51
001 Dunstable (724|120) K17 8,901 mmatthews [LRAG] omegawebby [W1N] 2010-12-30 01:10:32
001 Leamington (726|121) K17 8,361 mmatthews [LRAG] omegawebby [W1N] 2010-12-29 22:09:13
-011- Des Hammers Schimmbad (726|122) K17 9,481 mmatthews [LRAG] omegawebby [W1N] 2010-12-29 20:30:04
SPARTA 0075 (722|134) K17 9,857 mmatthews [AK] rockape95 [LRAG] 2010-12-27 22:07:34
SPARTA 0076 (721|135) K17 7,876 mmatthews [AK] rockape95 [LRAG] 2010-12-27 05:18:35
When rockape took vills he was AK.
When omega took he was LRAG.

DeletedUser589

Sorry for the double post but.

I wouldnt want to presume to know his thoughts. . . would you? Yes, people should expect to be judged on their actions.

Wrong. Because of the size of england and the fact it does not personally recruit who lives in the country. You have recruited Colser, thus he is your responsability and represents your tribe. A lot more than an indiviual in england does...

One person's actions is not representable on the tribal scale. W1N's collective thoughts and judgements can not be determined through one players action. Surely you can see that? Or are you at this juncture just being stubborn and refusing to concede the point?

DeletedUser589

So Luke, if I talk so much nonsense what is your reasoning for several breaks in our agreement?

• Colser took nine villages of a LRAG player
  • The K5 border agreement being broke and W1N nobling 10 barbs in K5
  • The continuous attacks on mmatthews
Twelve days into the ending of the agreement and you have broken 3 parts of the agreement, whereas we have broken none.

You are colser's leader, are you not? Do you declare yourself not in control of his actions?

001 Chipping Norton (727|121) K17 9,736 mmatthews [LRAG] omegawebby [W1N] 2010-12-30 23:52:05
001 Middle Barton (727|118) K17 9,686 mmatthews [LRAG] omegawebby [W1N] 2010-12-30 14:30:51
001 Dunstable (724|120) K17 8,901 mmatthews [LRAG] omegawebby [W1N] 2010-12-30 01:10:32
001 Leamington (726|121) K17 8,361 mmatthews [LRAG] omegawebby [W1N] 2010-12-29 22:09:13
-011- Des Hammers Schimmbad (726|122) K17 9,481 mmatthews [LRAG] omegawebby [W1N] 2010-12-29 20:30:04
SPARTA 0075 (722|134) K17 9,857 mmatthews [AK] rockape95 [LRAG] 2010-12-27 22:07:34
SPARTA 0076 (721|135) K17 7,876 mmatthews [AK] rockape95 [LRAG] 2010-12-27 05:18:35
When rockape took vills he was AK.
When omega took he was LRAG.

NO I am not in control of colser or W1N as a tribal entity. . . there you go that was the easiest way out of that one haha

Mmathews tribal changes:

AK None 28th December 2010 - 23:14:51 318,511
None LRAG 29th December 2010 - 01:23:17 318,511

One of many scout reports collected on the day he left AK, before he left:

http://uk1.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/820ca263ee3a58d1f01acd5ac8f3f87f

He was being attacked and as such I saw no reason to tell my members to stop attacking him hence why webby took the villages.

DeletedUser

One person's actions is not representable on the tribal scale. W1N's collective thoughts and judgements can not be determined through one players action. Surely you can see that? Or are you at this juncture just being stubborn and refusing to concede the point?

I'm not saying, "W1N's collective thoughts and judgements can be determined through one players action." Merely suggesting that if one of 71 people, all part of the same community by choice, makes a bold offer, it implies that the community support him. He may be the exception, true. But one must ask themselves why? Espeacially in this odd case where said person shouldn't feel the need to get involved?

Ofcourse the big give away is that you have already said in this thread that you are prepared to recruit people from LRAG... Now you won't admit to any accusation that I make, out of princible, but for those of us without the knowledge your tribe is trying to recruit LRAG players, we can draw our own conclusions.

EDIT:
Luke said:
NO I am not in control of colser or W1N as a tribal entity. . . there you go that was the easiest way out of that one haha

Oh I'm sorry. There was me thinking you were the leader of w1n, and would have some sort of influence on the members. My mistake. I'll leave now. This is all one big misunderstanding to be conducted with each individual in w1n, rather than as a whole...

DeletedUser

Mmathews tribal changes:

AK None 28th December 2010 - 23:14:51 318,511
None LRAG 29th December 2010 - 01:23:17 318,511

One of many scout reports collected on the day he left AK, before he left:

http://uk1.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/820ca263ee3a58d1f01acd5ac8f3f87f

Nice edit, just before I quoted :(

So W1N has no order? Strange... What of the other points Luke? As leader, you direct your tribe. To act against an 'ally' and take their villages, to break border agreements isn't a sign of honour at all.

Now, just to say Ninja warrior.