Uk8 Coplayer discussion

DeletedUser5582

I'm not so sure here that the analogies are right (tennis match :icon_eek:) or your gripes are justified on this co player thing. Is your choice if you do or you don't.

Some folks will do anything to hit rank 1 and then say they did it playing 17 seconds a day :icon_confused:

Others will do anything to then hit rank 1 and say they did it without an internet connection.

Alas is the nature of this game. I mean in everything (see abdo thread v Roman numeral guy) where post after post debating Abdo building high workshop and was or wasn't he a points good time girl yet to hit rank 1 is judged on yes you guessed points so honestly is the fuss worth it?

For me co play or not to co play is immaterial. You have a co or two and hit rank 1 then I bow to your awesomesauyness and if you play solo and hit rank 5 then I bow to that too! (as both impressive in their own way)

I think rather than saying co playing not fair and others saying whooah yes it is and then talking roundball tactics to make your points would be easier on you all (plus me and the other gripped to our seats readers of this thread) to say the following.

Announce pre world start if you co playing or not and which rank you are aiming for. Then let us see if you can hit that rank which in my eyes would be more impressive than not making Rank 1 and saying why you didn;t (best excuse so far with uber (flicks hair) "pro" start up player quit this world as W8 uncompetitive!!!!)

Unspeallable name of Patrick Stewart playing solo and keeping up with the co played accounts IS impressive. Be happy with that and trying to say co played accounts beating you as Federer plays for Stockport County is just skirting the issue.

Co Playing is allowed. Hitting a high rank playing solo is a fantastic achievement. Bleating about co played accounts being unfair just removes a little gloss from your achievement in my eyes.

DeletedUser

OK, so why does no tennis tournament in the entire world allow players to have subsititutes? Simples, it would make the whole sport a mockery. I mean really can you imagine it? Murray losing 2 sets to love against federer then nadal coming on for murray and ivanisevic coming on for federer then murray who is now sleeping beats federer who is also sleeping 3 sets to 2. How ridiculous! but that is what tw allows and the simple reason it is allowed is because it is generally undetectable.

So it is up to the players to ensure fair play, but then there are inferior players who get a coplayer in order to gain a farming and defending advantage in order to compete against the best single players......so the best single players get fed up with it and either get a co or quit the game. Proof of that is seen in the dwindling numbers playing the game. Soon to get into the top 10 you will need 2 or 3 players playing the account.

As Jo said, using a Tennis match to compare with TW is a bad comparison, a proper comparison would be soccer/football/hockey, since tennis isn't team(tribal) based.

DeletedUser

Personally I don't think any sport can be compared to an online browser game.

Its completly diffrent, the concept of havin subsitutes in RL tennis just does not compare to having more than one player on whats baicly a computer game.

Unless....TW make a a world were instead of having troops you play pong aginst barb's/opponents and the 'attacker' gts the res if they win, or the defender keeps them if he wins:lol:

DeletedUser

Well it's not really comparing the game play of a sport we are talking about meech, it's the idea of teamwork and swap-outs we were comparing.

DeletedUser

Thats what I'm saying though.....regardless of what part your discussing imo you can't compare a computer game to things tht happen in real life.

Team work on TW v TEam work in any RL sport is incomparible, for the reason in RL theres so many more factors to negotiate between.

DeletedUser8815

I don't believe you only play for 5 hours a day, would you be happy for the admin to post your log in's times to prove this??

Oh great idea, let everyone know my online times, do you want me to post my troop counts too?

DeletedUser

Oh great idea, let everyone know my online times, do you want me to post my troop counts too?

Sure why not ;)

Better still let me sit you for few minutes check your log in times. Can say without giving away log in times if yo do play more or less than 5 hours per day

DeletedUser8815

Personally I don't think any sport can be compared to an online browser game.

:

the whole idea of comparing is that sport only works if it is fair to all, so too should tw.

Lets not compare to sport then lets compare to other games, monopoly tiddlywinks darts ludo snakes and ladders, snap......whatever game you choose if you have 2 players on one side against one on the other the 2 would have a huge advantage and for that reason it does not happen. in tw it happens cos of the anonymity of the internet.

DeletedUser8815

As Jo said, using a Tennis match to compare with TW is a bad comparison, a proper comparison would be soccer/football/hockey, since tennis isn't team(tribal) based.

but the idea of tribal wars is for teams to be made up of many accounts playing together......not many players playing one account

DeletedUser

but the idea of tribal wars is for teams to be made up of many accounts playing together......not many players playing one account

The games you mentioned above are single player board games still very far from TW, I don't think I've ever seen anything posted ever that says Tribalwars insists you play solo.

Like your sports exapmles....football was mentioned, things happen in them that are not allowed as there are rules against it and penilisation occurs if they happen. Theres nothing in the rules tht say you have to play solo or tht playing with another will get you penilised

DeletedUser8468

Locutas I think your arguement is flawed for several reasons:

-> A good Tennis Player is usually one who devotes a large part of his life to training, being coached, and playing in tournaments. Even if a player is naturally gifted, they still need to learn a lot, and play in a lot of games to become good. They need to dedicate a lot of time to become high ranked. Joe Bloggs, who works a 9-5 job, spends 1-2hrs a day playing tennis, comes home to his family and maintains a "normal" life, will realistically never be top ranked. Does any high ranked sport stars maintain a similar lifestyle that say me and you do?

-> A good Tribalwars player might not be able to devote as much time as they need to, to do well in the game. They could log on for 4 hours a day, snipe 200 trains, capture 20 villages, and go to bed, and log on next day to find they have lost everything. Is that deniable? No matter how good a player is on Tribalwars, activity is still key to survival and growth.

Now to me the whole obsession with rankings, is sidetracking the basic idea behind co players. A good player is a good player, with or without a co player. A co player doesn't make them a better player techinically, but will allow them more time in real life, to maintain a normal existance. If you were pitted against Abdo or Luca for a 5 hour battle 1V1, whereby everything had to be launched and landed within that 5 hours, who would win? Not sure of your skill tbh but I know the two lads have wicked ones. If you were pitted against a co played account of two much lesser players for 5 hours, with them substiting halfway, who would win? More than likely you! Why? Because at the end of the day, co playing does not make a player any better or more skilled.

It simply reduces the time needed to be logged onto an online browser game, which in my opinion is something we all that play, should strive for. The dyanmics of Tribalwars means that activity is vital. I'm not a big believer in needing a co player at startup, as farming can be done is seconds, and usually getting an attack a day, if even that can be handled by a single player. However in late game, it's a completely different story.

Late Game Needs:
-> Receiving 100's of attacks landing every day, involves a lot of dodging, sniping, stacking, not to mention actually just being able to tag.
-> Op's - Sending 100 perfectly timed attacks usually involves a lot of time stuck to the computer watching the counter to launch.
-> Maintance - Simply maintaining a decent late game account can be very strenous. Pressing the Resource Balancer button about 1200 times a day can be soul destroying.

Having a co player to help with this, doesn't make the account any stronger....it doesn't make the player anymore skilled. It just makes it easier for the person behind the screen. Simple As!

By your very theory the night bonus should be removed too, as that gives players an unfair time out, that allows them to actually go to sleep. What about players who want to play at night? Are you happy enough to forfeit your massive advantage over them?

Also as someone already pointed out, Account Sitting. I don't see you include that in your arguement. I've been in tribes where it's next to impossible to get a sitter, when the players attacking me clearly and openly admitted to having sitters launching attacks at constant and consistant times. Isn't that unfair? In truth it's not, as it's my problem that I can't get a sitter, not the players who were able to. Why should they be reduced to my activity? Same as co players? Why should everyone resolve around what you consider as an allowable activity level?

DeletedUser

Why should they be reduced to my activity? Same as co players? Why should everyone resolve around what you consider as an allowable activity level?

Completly agree....Borg's whole argument revolves around his personal prefrence to play solo instead of having a co-player. So basicly his argument is that because his personal prefrence is just that then other players should conform and also only do as he does. Irrational thoughts.

DeletedUser

+rep Henry, I've given up trying to show how Borg's argument is flawed.

DeletedUser8815

Look, when I first started playing tw 4 years ago, hardly anyone coplayed and the game prospered.

Now more and more coplay to double the online time double the number of resources they farm and thus double the number of nobles they can produce.

A month ago, bladesmanstan and mark4744 both very able tribemates were around 100,000 points behind me. Then they both got coplayers, now blade is ahead of me and mark is only just behind me. No disrespect intended to them but you cannot convince me that without their coplayers help this would have happenned.....so I fall backwards in ranks to coplayed accounts, and the onky way i can stay with them is to get a coplayer myself....and yes i could do that, but why should I have to?

Really feels like I am pissing up against the wind as I can no longer compete against these guys without spending minimum 12 hours a day farming. So I and others like me fall back in the ranks and then wonder why we bother to try increase in rank when it is clearly a futile exercise so more and more quit, and the loser? INNOGAMES for failing to make the game fair for all.

The game was designed to be played by one player per account, otherwise you would be asked for a list of emails rather than just one email. There was one idea not so long back where one account had 24 coplayers one for every hour of the day and night, and you think I or any other single player could ever hope to compete with that? We have no chance! No wonder players are leaving the game in droves.

DeletedUser

NO! that is your idea of tribalwars not the hosts (innogames) otherwise they would not allow it, and contrary to your above statement of they couldn't stop it, well yes they could very easily.

comparing a 1 on 1 tennis game to a 24 hour 365 day game is unrealistic, when was the last tennis game you saw that lasted years???

my point being is it is allowed in the rules to co play. I until recently have never co-played and had top 20 accounts (both gifted to me and that I have achieved personally) and i have played 20 hours a day, and before you say thats cos im only modding again your wrong. I have been sat here day after day 20+ with a minimum of 500 incomings a day for 4 months give or take where a tribe mate helped out sitting in the midst of war prior to being a mod.

Now i casually play and am around most of the time most days, however having a co-player allows you to take breaks, take my lil one swimming or my missus to dinner whilst my co goes to work etc, it is sharing the load and I have experienced it from both views, everyone is given the option of co-playing As said above there is ups and downs to it, as there is playing solo the choice is yours. For people to moan about it as others have an advantage is silly. I for one never complained to anyone when i played solo.

DeletedUser

All it is, is borg feels it's unfair (to him) that he can't play actively (or well) enough to outdo coplayers. It's obvious you care nothing for the game, the community, the fun, but your rank.

DeletedUser7369

Tribal wars is a game about co-operation. The best tribes have a collection of talented and active players that form bonds of friendship ensuring that they support each other when needed, attack together when practical and sit each other when required. Co-playing is 100% in line with this philosophy. My uk8 account is currently"solo" in that I am
The only player with the password. However I am ranked 12 (I think) because I have so many great friends from playing this SOCIAL game that my account is active via their sits most of the day and night. If you were to ban co playing you would simply find people do this more and you still couldn't keep up with luca and his mates except you would find each of them having an account with more points than you rather than just one.

Finally, individual rank is nice to be sure, but it's tribal wars forna reason. Tribe comes first and if you are only after solo rank then leave your tribe and see how the game goes for you.

As to players quitting, no co playing would cost the game loads of players as working folk can't do the same hours as students or unemployed folk and IMO would quit.

DeletedUser5582

Tribal wars is a game about co-operation. The best tribes have a collection of talented and active players that form bonds of friendship ensuring that they support each other when needed, attack together when practical and sit each other when required. Co-playing is 100% in line with this philosophy. My uk8 account is currently"solo" in that I am
The only player with the password. However I am ranked 12 (I think) because I have so many great friends from playing this SOCIAL game that my account is active via their sits most of the day and night. If you were to ban co playing you would simply find people do this more and you still couldn't keep up with luca and his mates except you would find each of them having an account with more points than you rather than just one.

Finally, individual rank is nice to be sure, but it's tribal wars forna reason. Tribe comes first and if you are only after solo rank then leave your tribe and see how the game goes for you.

As to players quitting, no co playing would cost the game loads of players as working folk can't do the same hours as students or unemployed folk and IMO would quit.

So James what your post is really saying is a nutshell is that there is no I in tribe?!!!!!!!

I'm sorry I couldn;t help myself there (gets coat and leaves you you to your co playing chat)

On topic will say this. A good co playing relationship needs to be honed. I doubt you could pluck another player onto your account and expect to zoom up the rankings?

As you guys are obsessed with tennis analogies I shall lower myself to your standards! Federer and Nadal are supreme tennis players in singles. Put them on the same side in a double tournament against the current world No1 pairing (no idea donlt care please donlt tell me) and first up would think they would lose. Yes they might play some great points but they would lose as not used to each to each other or to doubles play. Give them a few months to practise and do we think they would still lose? No they would probably wipe the floor with any folks they came up against OR refuse to even speak to each other again!!!

Co playing TW is not like tennis in any shape or form but the analogy of having to work at making a relationship fits. With a co you need to know almost what they would do in a certain situation and that sort of trust and understanding needs to be worked at. To me this is like forming a good tribe (maybe why so many pre mades fail) as you need all the elements not just the "names" to make it work. I mean how many uber players (flicks hair) do you know that volunteer to take the sits on an evening unless a snipe or backtimes needs doing?

Co playing keeps this game fun for a lot of people and without it (single ip log ins) you would see a lot of folk leave. To say otherwise is not convincing me am afraid and if it is rank you crave then you have already failed and think spell tribe with an I to boot :icon_eek: