W12 for pro's

DeletedUser9178

@buttbuster- since when is an online game all about winning? Personally for me it's about enjoyment so when worlds become like a chore I quit. Simple

thats fair play, but all i hear is how thing were at the start of worlds......when to me the part i enjoy the most are the main wars not so much the start up as thats more of a chore to me......but i carry on as i know what comes later on in the game

so does this make me less pro at the game ?..............as am always there abouts early on as well......

no it depends how we all determine a pro
to me a pro puts more time and effort in than a amateur

perfect example is pool
i play pool semi pro
because i only commit to it part time
where as the pro's play it full time.......we play most of the same tournaments, just i dont commit all my time to it

DeletedUser9178

Why should I care of you nobling a village near me? You're hardly gonna be a threat; you're just building the village up for me to take of you later.

which didnt happen did it ? nope

I view this game as it is; a tools to have fun. When a game ceases to be fun, I stop playing it. However, how many worlds have you finished? I've finished two worlds, and it takes no more achievement; just more time of your life.

3 soon to be 4

Interesting to see that every post you make you're ignoring more points that you've known you've lost. All I asked was for you to change your first post so it is no longer misleading. But now you've proven you are not in fact a decent player; it was only a doubt at the start of this thread.

not ignoring this point
pro by definition is
some one who commits full time to something and does it in a competent way

so i have proved my point in more ways than one

DeletedUser9178

I never claimed to be a good player; I claimed to be better than him, which is true. Also, I am pretty sure I know what a good player wants, if you disagree, feel free to say so.

depends on how you define better ?
have you proved point by rimming me NO!

how do you determine better ?
by using more co's doing work for you doesnt make you better just helps you look good

DeletedUser

Why should I care of you nobling a village near me? You're hardly gonna be a threat; you're just building the village up for me to take of you later.

which didnt happen did it ? nope

I view this game as it is; a tools to have fun. When a game ceases to be fun, I stop playing it. However, how many worlds have you finished? I've finished two worlds, and it takes no more achievement; just more time of your life.

3 soon to be 4

Interesting to see that every post you make you're ignoring more points that you've known you've lost. All I asked was for you to change your first post so it is no longer misleading. But now you've proven you are not in fact a decent player; it was only a doubt at the start of this thread.

not ignoring this point
pro by definition is
some one who commits full time to something and does it in a competent way

so i have proved my point in more ways than one

No, because like I said, you weren't a threat. If you were a decent player, than I might have had to scout it.

Also, where did you get that definition of pro from? Everyone can make stuff up. I recall their being an argument about the word pro in TW before. As seen here, a professional is someone who is payed to play. No one in Tribal Wars is played to play it, as such there can be no "pros". Taking, what I assume you mean, is a decent player, then no where does it say a decent player has to commit to something full time; that's just an excuse you made up to defend your activity abuse while others treat this like a game. A player can be decent at this game without having to spend their life on it. So I'll kindly request again; please stop misleading people with your first post.

Edit;
I never claimed to be a good player; I claimed to be better than him, which is true. Also, I am pretty sure I know what a good player wants, if you disagree, feel free to say so.

depends on how you define better ?
have you proved point by rimming me NO!

how do you determine better ?
by using more co's doing work for you doesnt make you better just helps you look good

I don't have to prove anything to you; anyone with a modicum of common sense reading this thread can see you don't know how to play Tribal Wars; and that makes me better by default.

DeletedUser

ok why dont u both join/restart in wd 11 see who comes out top lol I know where my money will be

or wait till next world so its random u have no idea what settings are at this time

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6695

Because that would be a waste of AP's time seeing as he is top 20 already :(

DeletedUser

ok why dont u both join/restart in wd 11 see who comes out top lol I know where my money will be

or wait till next world so its random u have no idea what settings are at this time

I have better things in my life then to have to prove something so trivial too him; besides, both worlds we've been in together (Uk9 and Uk11), I've outgrown him substantially. I've made one simple request through out this thread which is to stop misleading players. His "skill" was only bought into question due to his idiotic responses.

DeletedUser282

Your error is in thinking that there are specific worlds that all good players prefer, and worlds that all bad players prefer. This is not the case. (@OP)

DeletedUser9178

Your error is in thinking that there are specific worlds that all good players prefer, and worlds that all bad players prefer. This is not the case. (@OP)

yes you are right that is the main mistake i did make
as i assumed that most players with skill and activity would be classed as pro

at least some one put up a fair and true comment

DeletedUser

Almighty Tom please enlighten us!

Chip's a good player. :icon_razz:

Define 'good' player 25 ;)

Good - To be desired or approved of.
Player - A person taking part in a sport or game.

So there ya go, I defined for you!

I call troll :lol:
I never claimed to be a good player; I claimed to be better than him, which is true. Also, I am pretty sure I know what a good player wants, if you disagree, feel free to say so. :icon_rolleyes:

Whilst claiming to be better than him your posts have been full of subtle brags which in turn have been used to imply you are good. I think you are both wrong. Different "good" players regard different settings as "good". Anyone who disagrees with that statement is being frankly quite silly. There is a spectrum of good players, with a spectrum of activity levels, a spectrum of liked settings so yes, different good players regard different settings with a different valuation of good.

Personally, I like limited hauls and much prefer it to the mundane farming required. On the other hand I think no morale is also a good setting, and one I like, but this is more due to the fact it annoys me when I outgrow somebody heavily and I'm punished for that. On the other hand I appreciate why it is used, as it is unfair for the players who have grown slower (for whatever reason) to be able to be taken out easily. I liked Lardingd's suggestion on how to change morale which was posted on .net, that however is a whole different subject.

Just a couple of your examples about what "good" players want/don't want. I know players I would definitely call good who feel similar and others who would feel differently, so yes I would say this whole thread is futile as it turned into a discussion of what "good" players apparently want, which actually varies on a player to player basis. The whole purpose of there being varying settings is because various groups of people want different settings which is why I believe that each world released should have wholly different settings to the one preceding it: you can always choose not to play. Gargareth summed up my view with a simple sentence above, which I have only seen now after constructing my post.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score

They both joined W11 on the 28th November.... time will tell who is the better player.... settings are meaningless if your talking about who is the better TW player as surely the better player will adapt best to the world settings, what ever they are...

Anyway... personally I love the limited farming and would never join a fast unlimited farming world.... though being a only just better than average players I'm not sure if my opinion matters...

DeletedUser

Whilst claiming to be better than him your posts have been full of subtle brags which in turn have been used to imply you are good. I think you are both wrong. Different "good" players regard different settings as "good". Anyone who disagrees with that statement is being frankly quite silly. There is a spectrum of good players, with a spectrum of activity levels, a spectrum of liked settings so yes, different good players regard different settings with a different valuation of good.

The implications of me being good are there and I don't deny those implications. I also know you're just trolling here Tom, being threatened by my superiority :icon_wink: Also, I never denied that statement. But I claimed that most good players prefer low activity has to high activity. You know this is true also.

Personally, I like limited hauls and much prefer it to the mundane farming required. On the other hand I think no morale is also a good setting, and one I like, but this is more due to the fact it annoys me when I outgrow somebody heavily and I'm punished for that. On the other hand I appreciate why it is used, as it is unfair for the players who have grown slower (for whatever reason) to be able to be taken out easily. I liked Lardingd's suggestion on how to change morale which was posted on .net, that however is a whole different subject.

Just a couple of your examples about what "good" players want/don't want. I know players I would definitely call good who feel similar and others who would feel differently, so yes I would say this whole thread is futile as it turned into a discussion of what "good" players apparently want, which actually varies on a player to player basis. The whole purpose of there being varying settings is because various groups of people want different settings which is why I believe that each world released should have wholly different settings to the one preceding it: you can always choose not to play. Gargareth summed up my view with a simple sentence above, which I have only seen now after constructing my post.

I personally have no interest in the settings for W12; I have no intention of joining it. My posts were only due to the arrogance displayed and the misleading nature of the first post. I myself also prefer no morale, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have its benefits. I have no objection to Uk12 being a fast world, with no morale; just don't call it a world for pros.

DeletedUser5582

am not so sure is about the world settings so much more than on this server the number of players has fallen. UK3 (in my opinion) had the best settings but even if this was relaunched today would it give active/good/flicky hair players the competition they crave due to total number of players joining being much lower?

Also a lot of players who are in the good bracket only wish to play start up (where they get the most fun and the game still holds an interest for them) so making a world that attracts both them and players who want to stick for the longer haul is nigh on impossible.

Also I have yet to see a world launched where some folk haven't complained bitterly about a few settings (though you tend to see them sneak on after saying they would never join!)

I am loving the new type of world settings and think this is the way forward though of course purists will argue that 100% domination is the only way.

UK8 had the 50 million win setting (which is why I joined)
UK9 was asked for by the skilled players yet a lot still left
Uk10 has the special villas
UK11 has magic and low hauls.

So what ideas do folks have (as this was what the thread starter wanted)?

To keep the start up players happy and give them competition and on a world that wouldn't last forever with settings that would show off some skill (not just who can farm the most) would be the holy grail surely?

I think it would need to be a lowish haul type of world to do this but am sure you have your own views.

I think the time scale between world start and the new world features should be a little shorter as a world where the better players have already left is diminished slightly.

So maybe this thread could showcase your thoughts and not just have the usual little digs at folks (am guilty of this myself so is not a critique just am interested to see if a world which can generate competition AND some longevity is possible)

DeletedUser9178

thanks JO

that was my point exactly

as last few worlds arent the fastest
i thought a slightly quicker world would be better for myself
also dont mind limited hauls but at a decent level as they are way too low on W11 to really make a difference......but i would prefer without

ideally no moral......or moral with cut off period

happy with any other settings but yes something on the lines of W3 i checked settings on there they looked really good

DeletedUser

BBS posts, then its like 'out come the firing squad' Its wrong in so many ways, i welcome all the players joining us from .net, and the 'tribe'. Nuff said :icon_eek:

DeletedUser9178

thanks packman

am not so sure is about the world settings so much more than on this server the number of players has fallen. UK3 (in my opinion) had the best settings but even if this was relaunched today would it give active/good/flicky hair players the competition they crave due to total number of players joining being much lower?

also JO about the point of UK3 settings yes alot of players have dropped off since UK3 came out

was talking with some people on net that said they liked W3 and may come back if similar world was brought out

seemed a few lost heart with script rules been different though

but as they no doubt know about them may not be too bad for them

maybe best to mail them about different rules to net when they first join saves issues later

maybe worth a try see if it does help increase the player numbers.....i will get them to let others know on net so may pull some back in
unlike here i am respected on net sure i can pull some new faces in for right settings

DeletedUser9161

too many morale/church worlds is killing tribal wars which ever tribal wars you play

its mostly for the newbie players to play on

but heres a convo from 2 old players nowadays players/tribes are playing molly cuddles with each other and join up to create a big tribe too win in the end its what happens with morale worlds/church worlds

1, Makes me nostalgic.
Whatever happened to living or dying by your tribe?

2, dieing by my tribe yes but not for a tribe that sits there and does nothin no way

i battle to the bitter end when a tribe fights together

1, That's what I mean.
It used to be alot of players would risk it all for there tribe. I was actually proud to be a member of a tribe with so many dedicated players. I even enjoying teaching the newer players on the rim. ( nowadays its getting to be not worth it )

2, players did risk everything to be in a damn good tribe the result was brilliant the wars well astronomical was def proud to be in there tribe

its nothin like the good old days were players and tribes fight it out to the bitter end and there was loads of fun in the early days tw.net that is
nowadays its build as much as you can leave before your nobled off the world by the smaller tribes if they get together to do so theres no fun in that and it is a waste of time or worse if you pay for it

oh and A,P love to see you on one of those type worlds it would be fun seeing you wiped off the map lol but then again i dont think you would know how to play it either

to be honest im bored of morale and church worlds so sick to death of them, theres no fun in building up to have a smaller player taking it off your hands if you put the time and effort into the game as most of the experienced players do,
so have decided to leave tw until they release a world i like to play on then i will put my money back into the game

DeletedUser6695

What makes you think AP cant play late game?

That's a bit of a silly statement :/

DeletedUser9161

I have better things in my life then to have to prove something so trivial too him; besides, both worlds we've been in together (Uk9 and Uk11), I've outgrown him substantially. I've made one simple request through out this thread which is to stop misleading players. His "skill" was only bought into question due to his idiotic responses.

so is yours but then again lets see you both on a no moral world for the first time lets see both your skills in action then at least it can be proven to be true

ya not far above him on points so your just as bad for misleading players

so lets see this skill in action and see it on a no moral world probably something you dont want because you cant do it in the end