W12 for pro's

DeletedUser9178

just want to know what people think of the worlds on UK

so far all i have seen are worlds set up for players who like slower worlds
limited farming
moral
slow speeds

it would be nice if we can get UK12 set up for players who put in the hours rather than every world set up to level it

i have nothing against setting up worlds for slower players who arent as active
they can take there time and learn the game
thats only to be expected

but surely its time to give a world out with settings that allows active players to play and grow

lets hear your thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How arrogant you are to presume the settings you want are the ones "pros" want. Limited farming is probably the best setting in Tribal Wars, and you should benefit from it. You wouldn't be able to match my growth at all on any other world; but you may come close with Limited hauls. Very few decent players prefer fast worlds, very few like to farm. I doubt you'd qualify as a decent player.

DeletedUser6695

Got to agree with AP, limited hauls is great. Faster worlds take more effort but also allow pro players to make ridiculous gaps between themselves and lesser players

DeletedUser6695

Tbh I forget w10 already but iirc there was a significant gap. Hell myself and solipist stayed top 20 for weeks without playing :D

DeletedUser

i haven't really tried W11 just yet. hopefully it wont be too bad, all i know is there is limited hauls but im not sure 100% sure what that means.
care to explain someone?
is it just like you can't farm basically?

DeletedUser9178

How arrogant you are to presume the settings you want are the ones "pros" want. Limited farming is probably the best setting in Tribal Wars, and you should benefit from it. You wouldn't be able to match my growth at all on any other world; but you may come close with Limited hauls. Very few decent players prefer fast worlds, very few like to farm. I doubt you'd qualify as a decent player.

how arrogant i am
mmmm never classed myself as arrogant nor would people that know me

i have read your points as far as i wouldnt be able to live with you then your wrong i have always been top 10 on every world so some how i think you are wrong......but you are entitled to your opinion which is why i posted this

my point is with settings like that there is no reward for the more active members of the game
why would anyone want to sit there waiting to play the game

it would surely make sense to allow settings on a world now and again to allow players that put in the time the benefit of there efforts
rather than your time and effort not being rewarded

sure you dont really know me on UK as i only joined on uk8
but i guarantee i can grow and play better than 99% of players on TW wether net or UK

as you have no proof of my ability that is arrogance on your part

i did not set this up for slagging match however so i wont belittle you as not my style just wanted to know peoples thoughts

DeletedUser9178

i haven't really tried W11 just yet. hopefully it wont be too bad, all i know is there is limited hauls but im not sure 100% sure what that means.
care to explain someone?
is it just like you can't farm basically?

yes
you cant farm hardly anything which is fair enough as setting of the world

just be nice to get a good speed world with all the perks of putting in the time

DeletedUser

how arrogant i am
mmmm never classed myself as arrogant nor would people that know me

i have read your points as far as i wouldnt be able to live with you then your wrong i have always been top 10 on every world so some how i think you are wrong......but you are entitled to your opinion which is why i posted this

my point is with settings like that there is no reward for the more active members of the game
why would anyone want to sit there waiting to play the game

it would surely make sense to allow settings on a world now and again to allow players that put in the time the benefit of there efforts
rather than your time and effort not being rewarded

but i guarantee i can grow and play better than 99% of players on TW wether net or UK

as you have no proof of my ability that is arrogance on your part

i did not set this up for slagging match however so i wont belittle you as not my style just wanted to know peoples thoughts

I don't know you, I'm only basing my opinion on your post which reeks of arrogance. However, I am glad you are distinguishing between active players and decent players. Limited hauls may not suit those who rely on activity to excel, which I'm assuming is you, but it is one of the favoured settings of decent players. So I think you should rename the thread from "W12 for pro's" to "W12 for active players", you could mislead people.

Also, I do have proof of your ability; thinking that limited hauls, morale and slow speeds suits poor players shows a horrible lack of understanding on the mechanics of the game on your part. Even if you can abuse activity to get top ten (not really hard to be honest), most people would not consider you a decent player.

DeletedUser

I'm going to throw this out there and say. You've never made top 10.
No player who has repeatedly made it into the top 10 on several different worlds would call limited farming a poorer setting. I don't think I know a 'decent' player that would.

No, no you can't stop trolling.

DeletedUser9178

well i have only played 3 worlds on here and only one seriously

w8 rank 2
W9 which i hardly played through bordom rank 6

w11 still to be decided

no what you guys mean is you know how to sim city faster than most on worlds most players with a bit of ability can build faster than noobs as we all know
whats wrong with farming......unless you arent active enough to spend time on game and need slow worlds to justify your size
most good players i have met on here and net.....actively farm there way clear and still farm masses when accounts are 5+ million

but also alot of players accounts for decent players are on more....i.e pro.....so why would you say farming isnt part of it

i didnt just post about farming just made a comment as part of it
whats wrong with quicker settings ?........or would that stop you from being so called pro, when you dont put the effort in on other worlds
i can make top ten on any speed world.....just slower settings give players who arent as committed to the game as much a better chance of keeping up

like moral.......why should you be punished for making more of an effort.........or yet again does that mean you would stand a chance of being pro with moral removed?

DeletedUser

well i have only played 3 worlds on here and only one seriously

w8 rank 2
W9 which i hardly played through bordom rank 6

w11 still to be decided

no what you guys mean is you know how to sim city faster than most on worlds most players with a bit of ability can build faster than noobs as we all know
whats wrong with farming......unless you arent active enough to spend time on game and need slow worlds to justify your size
most good players i have met on here and net.....actively farm there way clear and still farm masses when accounts are 5+ million

but also alot of players accounts for decent players are on more....i.e pro.....so why would you say farming isnt part of it

i didnt just post about farming just made a comment as part of it
whats wrong with quicker settings ?........or would that stop you from being so called pro, when you dont put the effort in on other worlds
i can make top ten on any speed world.....just slower settings give players who arent as committed to the game as much a better chance of keeping up

like moral.......why should you be punished for making more of an effort.........or yet again does that mean you would stand a chance of being pro with moral removed?

Uk8 had very few decent players playing and very little competition. When I played Uk9, me and my tribe dominated (HowToLoseAxes in the tribe Axes), almost doubling rank 2 in points as a player and tripling as a tribe. So yes, I do believe I could outgrow you easily.

Slow worlds don't give people who can't farm the ability to keep up, but people who don't want to farm. Anyone who enjoys farming is sad; most people do it as it's a necessity in the game. I am confident in my ability to out farm you, in any settings. But I don't want to; I only want to play for a couple of hours a day. I've done normal worlds before, several times, got rank 1 and now it's boring farming. Most decent players suffer from the same thing, which is why the decent players asked for the introduction of No/Limited hauls. It makes the game more interesting for us decent players without having to spend too much time on the game, and increasing competition as we can't now double rank 2 (atleast for a while). The only reason I can see you dislike limited hauls as you probably spend all day on TW, farming all the time to gain your advantage and top ten position. As long as you can't adapt to settings (i.e Limited Hauls), you'll never be a decent player.

As for morale, it encourages people on attacking people of a similar size rather than nobling the 5k player when you're 100k. It makes the game more challenging and this more fun. I understand that you may wish to noble easy targets, barbs and internals but the game isn't fun that way.

DeletedUser9178

As for morale, it encourages people on attacking people of a similar size rather than nobling the 5k player when you're 100k. It makes the game more challenging and this more fun. I understand that you may wish to noble easy targets, barbs and internals but the game isn't fun that way

i am not the sort of player who looks to internals or easy target
i just dont like that you rim someone over and over again only for them to then regrow later on and noble the barbs i use to farm
knowing full well that they will just turtle them with absolutly no intension of ever really achieving anything in the game other than being a nuisance

Slow worlds don't give people who can't farm the ability to keep up, but people who don't want to farm. Anyone who enjoys farming is sad; most people do it as it's a necessity in the game. I am confident in my ability to out farm you, in any settings. But I don't want to; I only want to play for a couple of hours a day. I've done normal worlds before, several times, got rank 1 and now it's boring farming. Most decent players suffer from the same thing, which is why the decent players asked for the introduction of No/Limited hauls. It makes the game more interesting for us decent players without having to spend too much time on the game

exactly the point i put out sooner
you dont wish to put in the time which is fair enough
yes i am on all day sad life i suppose but thats why i play TW alot to get rid of the bordom.......no one is asking you to farm or be on all the time....all i was asking for was a faster setting world without being hindered by things set out to make my efforts and others who are like me from being punished from wanting to put more time in on worlds without gaining some reward

with all the restrictions set in place on most worlds there isnt much left on UK for players like me.......is it so wrong to want a world that rewards activity?
if thats the case then why not make a world at speed .001 with no farming then i can pop on every 2 days then leave account
the slower settings may suit the time you wish to play i cant dispute that
but sure variety is the spice with out it boredom kicks in
which is my point
the slow worlds are making the game boring for some of us
which is the main reason asking for something UK doesnt have alot of

DeletedUser

As for morale, it encourages people on attacking people of a similar size rather than nobling the 5k player when you're 100k. It makes the game more challenging and this more fun. I understand that you may wish to noble easy targets, barbs and internals but the game isn't fun that way

i am not the sort of player who looks to internals or easy target
i just dont like that you rim someone over and over again only for them to then regrow later on and noble the barbs i use to farm
knowing full well that they will just turtle them with absolutly no intension of ever really achieving anything in the game other than being a nuisance

Slow worlds don't give people who can't farm the ability to keep up, but people who don't want to farm. Anyone who enjoys farming is sad; most people do it as it's a necessity in the game. I am confident in my ability to out farm you, in any settings. But I don't want to; I only want to play for a couple of hours a day. I've done normal worlds before, several times, got rank 1 and now it's boring farming. Most decent players suffer from the same thing, which is why the decent players asked for the introduction of No/Limited hauls. It makes the game more interesting for us decent players without having to spend too much time on the game

exactly the point i put out sooner
you dont wish to put in the time which is fair enough
yes i am on all day sad life i suppose but thats why i play TW alot to get rid of the bordom.......no one is asking you to farm or be on all the time....all i was asking for was a faster setting world without being hindered by things set out to make my efforts and others who are like me from being punished from wanting to put more time in on worlds without gaining some reward

with all the restrictions set in place on most worlds there isnt much left on UK for players like me.......is it so wrong to want a world that rewards activity?
if thats the case then why not make a world at speed .001 with no farming then i can pop on every 2 days then leave account
the slower settings may suit the time you wish to play i cant dispute that
but sure variety is the spice with out it boredom kicks in
which is my point
the slow worlds are making the game boring for some of us
which is the main reason asking for something UK doesnt have alot of

I don't have a problem with people wanting to play higher speed worlds; but don't pretend that it's what decent players like to play. My point was and still is simple; change your first post and replace "pro players" with "active players" and "poorer players" with "less active players", as currently your first post is misleading.

Also, activity really shouldn't be something which should be rewarded. How you spend your time is much more important than how much time you have.

Finally, your account on Uk8 http://twstats.co.uk/uk8/index.php?page=player&id=403507
57 of your 391 conquers are barbarian villages
95 of your 391 conquers are internals
A further 47 are conquers of tribless playes.
That's over 50% of your conquers being "easy", so I can see why you want no morale.

DeletedUser6695

W8 rank 2? What account? You sure as hell weren't rank 2 whole I was there.

Again rank 6 on w9? What account? I was rank 6 for most of my time there

Edit: APs post tells me you're gotcha! You were nowhere near the top rankings when the 'pro' players were active eg meh meh meh and iron brew... And tbh w8 even lacked pro players

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9178

That's over 50% of your conquers being "easy", so I can see why you want no morale

is that why you didnt so much as scout me when i took a village in your area on W9 if it was the other way round i would have made sure it was eaten rather than let you get a foothold
luckily for me being a noob i must have just imagined my position on W9 and W8 then
is it my fault if you are pro's at starting but cant finish world?

we can all start a world but its the finishing that matters 10's of thousands join worlds my god how many have you actually ever finished ?

no i wasnt always rank 2 when you were but i was always up in top few even made no1 for a good chunk of it and guess what still there!!
but no doubt time will have gotten in your way as you cant be bothered to farm and keep up the effort

let me guess only want to stay while you have the time to be at the top ? but when accounts take up too much time then suddenly life gets in the way how many times on how many worlds do i here that....

if your that good why not show it and finish worlds in top rank rather than just starting them growing as fast as your few hours allow
then when the real wars come fight it out, rather than taking out easy prey early doors yourselves to boost growth so you can sit there raising stats of when you were there rather than at the end of worlds where it actually matters ........

DeletedUser

This thread amuses me. Both parties trying to pretend what good players want; neither party being a good player; neither party knowing what a good player actually wants.

DeletedUser6695

Almighty Tom please enlighten us!

@buttbuster- since when is an online game all about winning? Personally for me it's about enjoyment so when worlds become like a chore I quit. Simple

DeletedUser

That's over 50% of your conquers being "easy", so I can see why you want no morale

is that why you didnt so much as scout me when i took a village in your area on W9 if it was the other way round i would have made sure it was eaten rather than let you get a foothold
luckily for me being a noob i must have just imagined my position on W9 and W8 then
is it my fault if you are pro's at starting but cant finish world?

we can all start a world but its the finishing that matters 10's of thousands join worlds my god how many have you actually ever finished ?

no i wasnt always rank 2 when you were but i was always up in top few even made no1 for a good chunk of it and guess what still there!!
but no doubt time will have gotten in your way as you cant be bothered to farm and keep up the effort

let me guess only want to stay while you have the time to be at the top ? but when accounts take up too much time then suddenly life gets in the way how many times on how many worlds do i here that....

if your that good why not show it and finish worlds in top rank rather than just starting them growing as fast as your few hours allow
then when the real wars come fight it out, rather than taking out easy prey early doors yourselves to boost growth so you can sit there raising stats of when you were there rather than at the end of worlds where it actually matters ........

Nice defense of your easy nobling btw; oh wait, you ignored that bit. Why should I care of you nobling a village near me? You're hardly gonna be a threat; you're just building the village up for me to take of you later.

I view this game as it is; a tools to have fun. When a game ceases to be fun, I stop playing it. However, how many worlds have you finished? I've finished two worlds, and it takes no more achievement; just more time of your life.

Interesting to see that every post you make you're ignoring more points that you've known you've lost. All I asked was for you to change your first post so it is no longer misleading. But now you've proven you are not in fact a decent player; it was only a doubt at the start of this thread.

This thread amuses me. Both parties trying to pretend what good players want; neither party being a good player; neither party knowing what a good player actually wants.

I call troll :lol:
I never claimed to be a good player; I claimed to be better than him, which is true. Also, I am pretty sure I know what a good player wants, if you disagree, feel free to say so. :icon_rolleyes: