Good premades

DeletedUser

I sent a follow-up specifically stating that I would prefer a 'no' over no answer, a leader is generally expected to give time of day for communication, if they are unable to communicate they are unfit to lead.

I disagree, why give time to people you do not want in your tribe or talk to?
Again, thats your opinion. I know Ruffus can communicate, this was just a case of he didn't want to.

After two mails and a Skype message, which had been read 1-2 hours (Respectively) beforehand, that mail was my resignation of my application, nothing more. Trust does not come into the equation - if you only talk to those you trust, you will never make contacts and will be doomed to being a lone wolf for the rest of the world. I can honestly say that I trust five people (At most) on this server, it doesn't stop me from having hundreds of contacts - after all, two letters would have sufficed. If your entire game plan can be summed up in two letters, I weep for your tribe.

Tbh even I'm surprised you think that people should automatically give you the time of day ingame. Would certainly argue the case that Ruffus is no lone wolf either, he still continues to get players in regardless of past experiences and what others say. Your also a fool if you trust people over the internet imo, how can you trust anyone who you've never met?

Seem's to me your ego is hurt, and your just continuing to make a mountain out of a molehill.

DeletedUser

Tbh even I'm surprised you think that people should automatically give you the time of day ingame. Would certainly argue the case that Ruffus is no lone wolf either, he still continues to get players in regardless of past experiences and what others say. Your also a fool if you trust people over the internet imo, how can you trust anyone who you've never met?

Seem's to me your ego is hurt, and your just continuing to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Who said that I didn't know them in real life? I know I didn't. Besides, you just proved my point.

I would expect anyone to be given time of day in-game, unless they are purposefully attempting to waste time. My last mail was sent under the pretenses that I would not gain a response regardless of nature, therefore I spoke my mind.

It is simply rude to ignore a topical mail that has had time put into it, simple as that. I know there have been threads stating the same in the past, so kindly fall off the bandwagon.

I disagree, why give time to people you do not want in your tribe or talk to?
Again, thats your opinion. I know Ruffus can communicate, this was just a case of he didn't want to.

As I have said, common courtesy. It is not a difficult concept to fathom.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Who said that I didn't know them in real life? I know I didn't. Besides, you just proved my point.

I would expect anyone to be given time of day in-game, unless they are purposefully attempting to waste time. My last mail was sent under the pretenses that I would not gain a response regardless of nature, therefore I spoke my mind.

It is simply rude to ignore a topical mail that has had time put into it, simple as that. I know there have been threads stating the same in the past, so kindly fall off the bandwagon.

Pray tell where I proved any point that your trying to make? I never stated that I was talking about the players you said you trust, you assumed. It was a general statement of my feelings about trust over the internet.

So in other words your last mail was rage written? It's not rude, not to me and I'm sure not to others. Again this is simply a case of your ego saying ' I am worthy of a reply ' When in actual fact that is false. The receiver of the mail has the opportunity to reply or not whatever their reasons. End of the day it's their choice.
Sorry, I honestly have no idea what other threads your talking about( assumptions again that I've read them?)

As I have said, common courtesy. It is not a difficult concept to fathom.

Common courtesy= Overrated This is an internet game, courtesy shouldn't come into it imo, like I've said before people are afraid of consequences therefore they might choose to give that courtesy. In this instance Ruffus never, thats the way the cookie crumbles.

DeletedUser

Pray tell where I proved any point that your trying to make? I never stated that I was talking about the players you said you trust, you assumed. It was a general statement of my feelings about trust over the internet.

So in other words your last mail was rage written? It's not rude, not to me and I'm sure not to others. Again this is simply a case of your ego saying ' I am worthy of a reply ' When in actual fact that is false. The receiver of the mail has the opportunity to reply or not whatever their reasons. End of the day it's their choice.
Sorry, I honestly have no idea what other threads your talking about( assumptions again that I've read them?)

My point that trust did not come into the equation, in regard to Ruffus' post. If trust is redundant on the Internet, as you say, then it was a moot point. Ego does not fit into this, if you ignore someone you are categorically stating that they are not worth your time, which is rude - if you cannot see that, I am glad I have never met you. You are correct, it is a choice, but it is a choice to go against standard social etiquette. Everyone is worthy of a reply unless, as I have already said, they are intentionally being disruptive, in which case ignoring a mail becomes a lesser of two evils.

It was not rage-written, I merely wanted to see whether Ruffus' tribes were under or over-rated, since they generate a lot of mixed feelings. However, such a small action has put me off. I have spoken with Ruffus before and he seemed like a nice bloke, but it is hard to maintain such an impression when he effectively places himself on a pedestal - as you are suggesting is the case with me - by brushing me aside.

I have not assumed that you have read anything and I am not bothered whether you have, or not.

Common courtesy= Overrated This is an internet game, courtesy shouldn't come into it imo, like I've said before people are afraid of consequences therefore they might choose to give that courtesy. In this instance Ruffus never, thats the way the cookie crumbles.

What you have effectively said is that everyone should become a keyboard warrior, since the rules of social conduct do not apply on the Internet. I could understand your point if we weren't discussing such a niche, unlike, for instance, CoD.

Bold.

Anyway, this is fruitless. Agree to disagree, or shall we continue to recycle our previous posts?

DeletedUser

My point that trust did not come into the equation, in regard to Ruffus' post. If trust is redundant on the Internet, as you say, then it was a moot point. Ego does not fit into this, if you ignore someone you are categorically stating that they are not worth your time, which is rude - if you cannot see that, I am glad I have never met you. You are correct, it is a choice, but it is a choice to go against standard social etiquette. Everyone is worthy of a reply unless, as I have already said, they are intentionally being disruptive, in which case ignoring a mail becomes a lesser of two evils.

Well iirc, it was you who brought up the subject of trust in your post, why bring it up? I agree it was a moot point imo. Ego is well placed in this argument, why should someone feel the need to talk to people over an internet game? You say because it would be rude not to, what difference does it make really. Who cares if you are rude to someone over the internet, it has to effect on rl. The sooner you get that this game and the forums are much much far apart from rl the better. To have it overlap is dangerous.

Again you bring this social etiquette up, yes I do agree in rl it would be deemed as rude, but your irrational thoughts of ' I should be worthy of a reply ' in an internet game' are frankly inadequate in this argument.

It was not rage-written, I merely wanted to see whether Ruffus' tribes were under or over-rated, since they generate a lot of mixed feelings. However, such a small action has put me off. I have spoken with Ruffus before and he seemed like a nice bloke, but it is hard to maintain such an impression when he effectively places himself on a pedestal - as you are suggesting is the case with me - by brushing me aside.

I would go for more than a suggestion here, all anyone has to do is look at your response to not getting a reply ingame. Ego. Nuff said.

I have not assumed that you have read anything and I am not bothered whether you have, or not.

Then why accuse me of jumping on said bandwagon?

What you have effectively said is that everyone should become a keyboard warrior, since the rules of social conduct do not apply on the Internet. I could understand your point if we weren't discussing such a niche, unlike, for instance, CoD.

Not atall, you've took what I said and twisted it in an effort to make it fit your side of the argument. What I'm effectively saying is that players have the choice to do either or. For other players to assume it is some sort of etiquette to reply is irrational and egotistic imo. I'm also failing to see the difference if we were talking about COD or TW? Both are games.

DeletedUser

Trust came up in Ruffus' latest post, in which he suggested that a reason he did respond was that he did not trust me. We clearly have different ideas regarding the matter, if that's not going to change, discussing it is futile.

I would not regard it as ego, I would expect anyone to expect a response from anyone. I was not outright expecting a positive response, quite the opposite, I was expecting rejection. I just don't see why a response that takes two seconds cannot be afforded to a mail which takes five or so minutes, this forum carry on was not my intention and I only raised the point as a sidenote to support part of my evaluation.

The bandwagon I spoke of was not supported by those threads, those threads supported my manner of thinking.

Anyway, I have said enough. Take it to PM if you're really enthused by this, I will offer a reply...

Nauzhror

Reaction score

I would expect anyone to be given time of day in-game

Perhaps an overly extreme example, but send a mail to five random celebrities. I'll be shocked if you get even one response back. It's common procedure to not respond to people that you aren't interested in speaking with. Much the same as it is common procedure to look at Caller-ID before answering to decide if you want to talk to the person calling you right now.

DeletedUser

I just don't see why a response that takes two seconds cannot be afforded to a mail which takes five or so minutes

Ego, imo.

The bandwagon I spoke of was not supported by those threads, those threads supported my manner of thinking.

Great, so what your saying is you assume I have read these threads and juping on the bandwagon of not being on your train of thought? Once again irrational.

DeletedUser

They interlock borders and Ruffus' tribes tend to be prone to early conflict, whilst I have little basis on Twits. I know that Mikebenji has a strong sense of pride and it almost seems poetically benevolent that he and Ruffus should clash. They have the most overlapped borders of all the tribes worth naming and I do not regard either character to be renowned for diplomatic subtleties.

As always you know nothing.
Me and ruffus have spoken already about w14. since we have bin good mates for the past 3 years i would doubt either of us would now decide to clash over tribes.
why not join a world and finish it then maybe someone on TW would actually take in anything you have to say.
Il say it again for you TWITS has nothing to do with me apart from it being the tribe im in. so why would i discuss diplo with another tribe.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
why not join a world and finish it then maybe someone on TW would actually take in anything you have to say.

Why not respect that it's a game and that the purpose of a game is to have fun? Playing worlds till they end isn't fun for everyone. For those who don't enjy it, why should they grit their teeth and pretend to?

DeletedUser6695

Why not respect that it's a game and that the purpose of a game is to have fun? Playing worlds till they end isn't fun for everyone. For those who don't enjy it, why should they grit their teeth and pretend to?

Because the only way to become a good/respected player is to win a world

DeletedUser

because when we look back at worlds. we will say wow nauz was good at start up but this player wow he we good till the end. you get more for winning than being first in the hall of fame.

DeletedUser

Most people play this game to enjoy themselves, not to be able to brag about finishing a world. @ cold fusion, I respect a lot of players, and I don't think someone must play a world to the end in order to gain my respect...

DeletedUser

I've won a world, which was arguably one of the most competitive worlds in TW history and I have to say.. I definitely do not think 'I get more for winning than being first in the hall of fame'.
I much more enjoy going for the milestones in the beginning of the game. It's not only a lot more fun, but a lot more challenging.

Late game is easily the easiest stage I have ever played in this game and I have played it many many times.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Most people play this game to enjoy themselves, not to be able to brag about finishing a world. @ cold fusion, I respect a lot of players, and I don't think someone must play a world to the end in order to gain my respect...

CF was trolling, like he usually is.

DeletedUser

Says the forum troll.
You see him trollin... You hatin...

Seems everyone's spitting venom by the 5th post "AS USUAL" I'll have a crack at it hey :-D

Before I even clicked to enter this thread I told my self this "I bet the same boring group of mouse clicking zombies who always start this thread end up throwing insults like infants by the 5th post"
low and behold there they ALL are.

You kids must be white as a ghost by now.. Calluses all over your click fingers.. One day you will look back and think to yourselves "why oh why did I live inside a browser game"?

Would love to make a post relating to the topic but as usual nothing anyone outside the little knitting circle of a group you have, would get a sensible response that is totally void of bitter ego. Oh,, and that sound balloons make when you release the air squueeeellllll l l l puffffttttt.. hahaha

My thoughts.
When the new world opens this thread will repeat itself with the same rate of fluff and fairy floss that it has in every world prior..

My idea is:
You peeps surely could just invent an APP by now.. That posts the same dribble and enters all your names automatically bahahaha have little burst ego icons and stuff.. Very cool dude.. Very cool :-\

THINK ABOUT IT..
Now wouldn't it be cool to just scroll through some egotistical dribble quotes you have made in the past??and just click and bing,, you can reply in no time flat to this post like your all about too bahaha! Here it comes look out now.. The keyboard warrior rumble is in session!

DeletedUser

@ DropBear

Tbh he is right I am pretty much a troll when I want to be.

I do agree to your opinion that it is the usual suspects who post in threads like this, I am one of them.

But instead of talking about how the dribble that gets posted is bad, give us something that will get the players of the premades on uk14 to post in the forums?

No offense ment here but your post only added to the 'dribble' situation

DeletedUser

You see him trollin... You hatin...

Seems everyone's spitting venom by the 5th post "AS USUAL" I'll have a crack at it hey :-D

Before I even clicked to enter this thread I told my self this "I bet the same boring group of mouse clicking zombies who always start this thread end up throwing insults like infants by the 5th post"
low and behold there they ALL are.

You kids must be white as a ghost by now.. Calluses all over your click fingers.. One day you will look back and think to yourselves "why oh why did I live inside a browser game"?

Would love to make a post relating to the topic but as usual nothing anyone outside the little knitting circle of a group you have, would get a sensible response that is totally void of bitter ego. Oh,, and that sound balloons make when you release the air squueeeellllll l l l puffffttttt.. hahaha

My thoughts.
When the new world opens this thread will repeat itself with the same rate of fluff and fairy floss that it has in every world prior..

My idea is:
You peeps surely could just invent an APP by now.. That posts the same dribble and enters all your names automatically bahahaha have little burst ego icons and stuff.. Very cool dude.. Very cool :-\

THINK ABOUT IT..
Now wouldn't it be cool to just scroll through some egotistical dribble quotes you have made in the past??and just click and bing,, you can reply in no time flat to this post like your all about too bahaha! Here it comes look out now.. The keyboard warrior rumble is in session!

You are worse than us by actively degrading the forums, you are being the kind of person that thinks too much and does not act. "A thought without action is a daydream." Why don't you try to change it? Otherwise, do not comment as you are displaying disguised hypocrisy at best.

I won't rise to the generic, uninspired "huehue, they're taking a game seriously, they must live on a sofa," instance, because it successfully destroys your argument in ways I do not care to venture.

Next time you strive for the highground, aim higher than a molehill.