24hr Sit Rules

DeletedUser

Hi there,

I am writing to bring your attention to the 24 hour sitting restriction on this round. Whilst this is a standard setting on normal speed worlds, we would ask that you consider halving it or more for this world, given that the speed is 4x and the tribe member limit is only 5.

It's extremely difficult for small, closely spaced tribes to maintain activity without sitting, given the need for fast support. There is a precedent here as well, as it was changed after the world started two years ago on Masters and recently on .net HP, so it can be done. Given the speed and tribe limit, a limit of 8 hours would be much more reasonable. We'd ask that this be passed on to admin for due consideration.

Furthermore, I believe that support and market trades should not be affected by the 24hr rule (and hopefully 8hr if you change it). This is because, it's vital all of the tribemembers can support eachother especially in the early stages and we need to sit each other. We would not be cheating by supporting eachother and sitting eachother nor would we by sending eachother resources in the markets after sitting one another. As long as its not done whilst sitting them, then there would be no room for cheating. It allows us to work better as a team and play the game as it is intended.

Attacking player rules and such should remain, but support and market trades offer no way for us to cheat.

Kind Regards

This was wrote by Deb, with me adding to it from 'Furthermore'.

I was wondering what the views of others were on this?
So please post your ideas, for or against this.

DeletedUser12564

Wouldn't there still be a window of opportunity for people to still cheat, if this was implemented?

What are your views?

DeletedUser

How do you think people could cheat using this? I can't see any ways if I'm honest so I'd like to see what you think!
Although DaB has said too many people would complain if he changed the settings so will not do it :( Even if it makes perfect sense to do so!

DeletedUser12564

You could still support and send resources to each other after sits with the smaller time span on post-sit restrictions.

DeletedUser

I don't really understand what you mean.. Could you try to rewrite it please?

DeletedUser12564

After the sit the tribe mates could still send each other resources and troops which, despite the speed 6, it's not too long in real life time, and so it could still be 1 player running 3 accounts?

Deleted User - 70854

IMO with the sit rule, it should vary upon speed, if world speed is 1, then 24 hour rule, if world speed is 4 (like here) the sit rule should only be 6...

In terms of moral, I dont like it, i think its silly

DeletedUser

After the sit the tribe mates could still send each other resources and troops which, despite the speed 6, it's not too long in real life time, and so it could still be 1 player running 3 accounts?

Yes they can do that anyway? I fail to see the point you are trying to make.
If 1 player is running 3 accounts then he would get banned because it'd show up unless he shares IP which he cannot do anything with the accounts together such as attacking the same people.

dabookman

Reaction score
IMO with the sit rule, it should vary upon speed, if world speed is 1, then 24 hour rule, if world speed is 4 (like here) the sit rule should only be 6...

So a speed round lasting a week @ X50?

There will be no changes made to the settings except those already listed at the start.

DeletedUser

Speed worlds have 24hr rule aswell? That's mental!
Should be 48 minutes on speed worlds that are x50.

Deleted User - 70854

So a speed round lasting a week @ X50?

There will be no changes made to the settings except those already listed at the start.

Speed rounds obviously are exceptions, due to the crazy settings there.

last i checked this wasnt a speed round

DeletedUser12823

I couldn't agree more with the OP.

It's daft that there is a 24 hour sit rule when the world is so much quicker than regular.

I totally agree with it being proportionate to the world speed.

This world should have a 6 hour sit rule.

Morale is also stupid on a classic world.

Within four days of start up it was affecting my account.

Deleted User - 695343

The thing that annoys me the most is that some settings ARE adjusted to the speed, such as the cancel period for attacks. So it's hypocritical not to adjust the other settings accordingly as well. It was recently done on HP on .net and has been adjusted retroactively in the past as well. I don't see what the big deal is. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

The thing that annoys me the most is that some settings ARE adjusted to the speed, such as the cancel period for attacks. So it's hypocritical not to adjust the other settings accordingly as well. It was recently done on HP on .net and has been adjusted retroactively in the past as well. I don't see what the big deal is. :icon_neutral:

It's because the mods didn't think of it.
They changed Classic 4 or 5 settings midgame and had lots of complaints. But that's because they removed farming or something which is a huge difference.
If I'm not mistaken that is why they don't want to change them now. But it's a totally different situation. I guess it's also the pride of the mods cannot be tarnished.

But hey, mods, you'll gain rep for listening to the players.. Keep them happy..
You can't deny these are SMART and reasonable changes that should be applied.

DeletedUser

1 or 2 people cried on uk18 about some rule and Dab started a poll to see if people wanted it changed. Especially with the morale issue a lot more people here are complaining and hes doing nothing.