24hr Sit Rules

DeletedUser

[01/08/2014 14:55:47] William: Are all these complaints really not changing the thoughts on classic
[01/08/2014 20:47:12] dabookman: not in the slightest
[01/08/2014 21:54:05] William: its ridiculous and ruining the game
[01/08/2014 21:54:15] William: one stupid rule that everyone wants removed but you won't for what reason?
[01/08/2014 21:54:23] William: (worry)
[01/08/2014 22:16:40] dabookman: One rule that aminority want removed,not everyone
[01/08/2014 22:16:59] dabookman: The settings were clear from the start
[01/08/2014 22:17:08] William: I've never seen anyone say they don't want it removed?(think)
[01/08/2014 22:17:12] William: poll it
[01/08/2014 22:17:15] William: it's fair
[01/08/2014 22:17:23] William: problem is it's ruining the game, that's all
[01/08/2014 22:18:34] dabookman: I will not poll it, I am not altering it
[01/08/2014 22:19:06] William: :/

DeletedUser9598

Meh i dont really care about the sit rule, its almost impossible to get a sitter in our tribe anyway :lol:

DeletedUser

Just stay logged out at night. It's cool.

Nope don't care about 24hr. We are like 4hr playtime.. It's when you sit someone to send a train for example as they are on mobile at work.. Then they get attacked, you can't send defence to them because you sent a train for them.. For 24hrs! Doesn't make sense!

DeletedUser8219

The problem arises because as this is a speed 4 world, 24 hours being unable to support a tribe member is equivalent to 4 days on a speed 1 world (I guess you could argue that is is less as only 0.5 unit speed, but its certainly between 2 and 4 days). This is a significant amount of time to be unable to actually work as a tribe and means that every time you accept a sit from a tribe mate you are taking a risk.

It is absolutely mind boggling to me that it is even still 24 hours on a 50 speed world. That means that it is equivalent to 50 days!!!!!! The majority of good players would be at least at 8-10 villages by the time they could support a tribe mate if they had agreed to sit them at the start of a round. This basically means account sitting is out of the question on speed rounds. How the mods cannot see that there is a problem here I do not know.

DeletedUser6695

It's because the mods didn't think of it.
They changed Classic 4 or 5 settings midgame and had lots of complaints. But that's because they removed farming or something which is a huge difference.
If I'm not mistaken that is why they don't want to change them now. But it's a totally different situation. I guess it's also the pride of the mods cannot be tarnished.

But hey, mods, you'll gain rep for listening to the players.. Keep them happy..
You can't deny these are SMART and reasonable changes that should be applied.

Classic 5 was funny. I had to point out they can't do math

DeletedUser13101

The problem arises because as this is a speed 4 world, 24 hours being unable to support a tribe member is equivalent to 4 days on a speed 1 world (I guess you could argue that is is less as only 0.5 unit speed, but its certainly between 2 and 4 days). This is a significant amount of time to be unable to actually work as a tribe and means that every time you accept a sit from a tribe mate you are taking a risk.

It is absolutely mind boggling to me that it is even still 24 hours on a 50 speed world. That means that it is equivalent to 50 days!!!!!! The majority of good players would be at least at 8-10 villages by the time they could support a tribe mate if they had agreed to sit them at the start of a round. This basically means account sitting is out of the question on speed rounds. How the mods cannot see that there is a problem here I do not know.

Probably slipped their minds :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I send trains using my mobile then send curses via black magick to stop them sniping. Although, barbs don't tend to snipe.

DeletedUser12564

I send trains using my mobile then send curses via black magick to stop them sniping. Although, barbs don't tend to snipe.
Nah, he just gets me to T-train from Opera 12_16

[28/07/2014 16:55:54] 0 S0 SpeeDy / -Obsession: Haha 'can you snipe?'
[28/07/2014 16:56:22] 0 S0 SpeeDy / -Obsession: Don't make it easy. T train him
[28/07/2014 16:56:32] James Frost | Ctrl Alt Elite: i know
[28/07/2014 16:56:40] James Frost | Ctrl Alt Elite: i am loading opera 12_06 now

dabookman

Reaction score
Loving the twisted logic so just to add to your contemplations.

If by some means i did allow the demand for sit restriction on a 4 speed world to end after 6 hours, by that logic, the maximum sit time allowed before account was restricted and ended by support would also drop by the equivalent ratio so instead of 30 days, 180 hours, an account would be declared abandoned after 126 hours, and, if everything has to follow this "it's 4 times faster" rule, your premium features would also logically have to run at that speed too. Somehow, I don't think that one would go down too well but, if you're really serious about this, I will happily present this package to Innogames for their approval?

DeletedUser13101

If by some means i did allow the demand for sit restriction on a 4 speed world to end after 6 hours, by that logic, the maximum sit time allowed before account was restricted and ended by support would also drop by the equivalent ratio so instead of 30 days, 180 hours, an account would be declared abandoned after 126 hours, and, if everything has to follow this "it's 4 times faster" rule, your premium features would also logically have to run at that speed too. Somehow, I don't think that one would go down too well but, if you're really serious about this, I will happily present this package to Innogames for their approval?

Loved reading all this xD

Deleted User - 695343

Nice try, but "logically speaking" it's BS. You've tried to twist a perfectly reasonable and logical request from loyal players (backed by precedent from Inno) into some snarky and rather unprofessional jibe about PP. Your entire tone smacks of arrogance and a completely out of place machismo that makes me wonder what on earth you are doing running a community when your post suggests a blatant disregard for the voice of the very members which make up that community, but I digress...

Premium is day based regardless of speed, world or server and works the same throughout all the servers regardless of game speed and always has been, irrespective of the various cost changes over the years. Dot Net regularly adjust sitting restrictions for speed when players express concern. I agree that reducing it to match the 4x faster is a bit much, but on masters they have gone down to 12 hours and on the current HP it was brought down to 18 hours upon players pointing out that it was extremely difficult to run a small tribe there with said restrictions. That was a 20 member limit, here it's a mere 5 and no outside support which makes it virtually impossible for tribe members to sit each other and still be relatively available for quick support. 12 hours would be more than reasonable and make a huge difference for players and tribes.

As for your point about the abandoned accounts, I doubt anyone would have a problem with those time frames being adjusted accordingly to go along with new sitting restrictions. That's a perfectly reasonable compromise.

dabookman

Reaction score
I have an absolute regard for the community, by which I mean, all players, I also have no intention of altering any rules to suit a vociferous minority. This server has applied the 24 hour restriction since it's inception regardless of world speed and will continue to do so for the duration of this round, it may be that i will experiment on a future round but I am not altering anything on this one..

Deleted User - 695343

I have an absolute regard for the community, by which I mean, all players, I also have no intention of altering any rules to suit a vociferous minority. This server has applied the 24 hour restriction since it's inception regardless of world speed and will continue to do so for the duration of this round, it may be that i will experiment on a future round but I am not altering anything on this one..

But without a poll, how do you know we're the minority??? Mystic Meg?

DeletedUser

I could care less about the sit rule, night bonus should make it easy enough for people, people should be more concerned with the morale.

Dab your talking to the most active accounts on the world, the ones way ahead of everyone else. 90% of the world is inactive, of course your only going to get a minority of opinions, most the people on the world probably do not even have forum accounts. Save me from the 30% morale ;(

DeletedUser6695

Your logic isn't at all logical...lel

DeletedUser

Nah, he just gets me to T-train from Opera 12_16

[28/07/2014 16:55:54] 0 S0 SpeeDy / -Obsession: Haha 'can you snipe?'
[28/07/2014 16:56:22] 0 S0 SpeeDy / -Obsession: Don't make it easy. T train him
[28/07/2014 16:56:32] James Frost | Ctrl Alt Elite: i know
[28/07/2014 16:56:40] James Frost | Ctrl Alt Elite: i am loading opera 12_06 now

This was me laughing at the mail you sent, 'can you snipe'

Book, you made my brain hurt.