a discussion about over zelous mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

why delete all the threads guys? we were talking about things in-game and it wasnt core war stuff (if thats your reasoning). my traviscoob thread had nothing to do with the core war?? so why delete it? and dave's thread about TEAM was about TEAM, not the core war. so why delete that?

if i can second guess you, i think your deleting any thread that has any connection with the core war? but most things in game are connected! its the way the game works, is it not?

Traviscoob was in TEAM >> TEAM were in the core war >> delete... is that why?

i understand you don't want the forums spammed to death again. but the way your going about it you'll end up with no discussion at all. r u going to lock the Virtus/G.F thread now because Traviscoob joined them?

traviscoob was in TEAM who are in the core war >> delete?

all im saying is stop breathing down our necks because its getting ridicules.

-----------------------------
ive posted this as a thread and not a pm because, i think it involves everyone here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can't see any reason why a topic simply asking what the Number One player on this world is doing, is not a fair topic for discussing. It impacts massively on at least 5 of the top ten tribes. At least 5!

DeletedUser

I've made a complaint to Thargoran about this. At the end of the day, some people seem to forget we're paying customers and I do not appreciate having threads which I've gone to the bother of constructing pulled with no message or reply to my request for further information.

DeletedUser

Having been a moderator on another board which I'm a member of I can understand the actions taken by the moderators earlier in the week when it seemed every discussion involving the core tribes turned into a flame fest.

However in particular to the threads that The Nobbler and davemac started today I don't think it was necessary to delete these.

If you want every discussion that has any impact on the core kept to one thread it will become very messy and will become impossible at times to work out who is responding to which message etc.

Whilst moderation is important to the enjoyment of the board community, over moderation can impact negatively and you may find that these boards die a death due to it.

DeletedUser

I've made a complaint to Thargoran about this. At the end of the day, some people seem to forget we're paying customers and I do not appreciate having threads which I've gone to the bother of constructing pulled with no message or reply to my request for further information.

thats good point dave, i spent 50 quid on more premiums last week.

is that not the money that keeps these forums up and running?

were not asking for much, just a little bit of common courtesy.

DeletedUser

thats good point dave, i spent 50 quid on more premiums last week.

is that not the money that keeps these forums up and running?

were not asking for much, just a little bit of common courtesy.

I'm anticipating a response along the lines of "your money pays for your additional features in game and the forum is a free service to all". However, treat us like adults Mods some of us are you know. First rule of successful business, 'don't off your revenue stream'

My thread was entirely about the bad week TEAM has had and nothing to do with that core war mash up CLT has made.

DeletedUser

I remember something like this happening a few months back, ended in a forum boycott

DeletedUser

the thread by dave earlier was a perfectly reasonable thread showing the bad month team were having, i can't believe it has been deleted. The thread for the number one player leaving team is also valid although i didn't even get a chance to read that one

DeletedUser

I`ve also had posts deleted regarding Delacroix of DCT in the "movement`s Out West" thread, where I posted a report about defeating an enemy.

surely making a post about defeating a war enemy in one of his villas is part of that thread?
All completely in game & on topic.

Or can we not post succesful nobling`s of enemies in the correct thread anymore?

DeletedUser

So the World is heating up and the Forums. I have made two reports today about Manners will be intresting to see if the mods remove them or just close the whole thread?

DeletedUser

is this just a thread having ago at the men/women in chage of the button over silly deletions and closing threads, cus i like to add warnings that are just silly

DeletedUser

is this just a thread having ago at the men/women in chage of the button over silly deletions and closing threads, cus i like to add warnings that are just silly

were not having ago at no one balzi, were just discussing the possibility that the mods might be over reacting a little bit.

DeletedUser

When a post is edited, we're shown a reason. Yet when a post or thread is deleted, it seems that no explanation is offered. Without some form of feedback, it's simply crazy. I've had several posts deleted when there's been nothing offensive or against the rules, yet when I've reported blatant rule-breaking, nothing's been done. I for one think unless a no-nonsense explanation is offered, we should seriously consider a boycott, because the current situation's just daft.

DeletedUser

When a post is edited, we're shown a reason. Yet when a post or thread is deleted, it seems that no explanation is offered. Without some form of feedback, it's simply crazy. I've had several posts deleted when there's been nothing offensive or against the rules, yet when I've reported blatant rule-breaking, nothing's been done. I for one think unless a no-nonsense explanation is offered, we should seriously consider a boycott, because the current situation's just daft.

I agree, in my case, at least if I'd have been infracted I'd have known what was considered to be wrong with my thread. Nothing, nadda, zilch.

DeletedUser

Admittadly I am probably partly responsible, along with many others, for the off-topic chatter in the old Core War threads.

I never seen the new threads that were placed up though, but from what I heard was in it it would only lead to the exact same as what the old core war threads had in them.

Excessice off topic, flaming(be it poorly or not), accusations, one words post's consisting of the likes of 'Lmao!' The list goes on.

I think the Mod's are just trying to stop it from happening again, it got really bad and if it started up again I think I just wouldnt bother looking on the forums anymore. Even MSG had better threads to read at the time :icon_confused:

Edit: I've just noticed its all ready happening again in the Sticky Core war thread ............

DeletedUser

Wow .. Really ?

Is it really usefull to create this thread ?

The reason is obvious. This is tribalwars, not playerwars. A thread about one player questionning why he left a tribe and moreover filled with posts of jaigosian with a comparisation of traviscoob with silly youtube video's indeed is wrong.

I don't like travs jumb ship so don't you think I'm defending him. All I'm saying is that kath has done the correct thing.

Over & out

DeletedUser

But Dees, if it affect`s all the major tribes, then why not discuss it?

It`s a big player who has changed Tribes & ppl wanna know about it, it affect`s the "bigger Picture" quite dramtically, now I can understand your reasons for not bringing further publicity to that fact, but it`s happened & ppl wanna discuss it, so why should it be ripped away?

Also, why should a celebration of a villa being taken from a DCT member under the context of war be taken away when it`s on topic?

Is that not what we do? Gloat ingame on external`s, present the stat`s/Report`s?

If this carries on, i`ll be surprised if anyone dares to post anything, depending on the mod`s mood!

Status
Not open for further replies.