A dry future?

DeletedUser4423

The "it" thing is a long standing joke, I honestly have no idea whether HF is male of female. It's all part of HF's TW aura.

It's a substitute for real life, which is a very frightening place for HF.

I do have a slight advantage as I'm fully qualified psychopherapist (admittedly many years ago and I don't practice any more) but this one is an open book. The bullying thing is not a retreat on my part, it's part of HF's persona.

HF is too hot to be bullied......

wait, so you live in the arctic, and you're a psychotherapist who can't spell his own profession. Do you psychotherarise penquins?

DeletedUser

Official WET Joke

"As a succesful tribe, we do not discuss our affairs with non-tribe players"

You used to be a succesful tribe, and if you don't discuss your affairs without members outside the tribe then how do I know your whole western side of the tribe got ready for a war with CHE!!! as soon as you recruited members of Lio?
Its also a fact I know not a suspicion ;)
Situations may have changed since then but you can't deny that is leaked information, which makes your statement false.

DeletedUser

You used to be a succesful tribe, and if you don't discuss your affairs without members outside the tribe then how do I know your whole western side of the tribe got ready for a war with CHE!!! as soon as you recruited members of Lio?
Its also a fact I know not a suspicion ;)
Situations may have changed since then but you can't deny that is leaked information, which makes your statement false.

thats what I've been trying to say all along.

<3

DeletedUser5327

It seems wrong that we are being criticized by people who know nothing about WET so I thought I would post my experiences since I joined the tribe.

You can ignore it if you want, you can disbelieve it if you want but what follows is my experience and I hope illustrates why we have so much acrimony towards HF.

This is the first game of this type I have ever played. When I joined WET from Tiger Warriors way back in July (I think), I was a complete noob, I knew absolutely nothing about how this game is played. Even now, I learn something everyday.

The vast majority of WET members (Quezlo, Matt included) welcomed me warmly, offering encouragement and constructive advice.

One member however did not have time for a noob like me, could not grasp that people have to learn the intricacies of this game.

That member, from the very start, was abrasive, rude, demanding, snide and hyper hyper-critical towards myself and other new members.

I don’t have the IT skills of some of the younger players so I try to take my experience of real life and business and apply it to this game. I don’t think this is inappropriate because business is just like Tribal Wars. It involves management of human resources, physical resources and strategies such as mergers, alliances and, of course, aggressive takeovers. The parallels are striking.

I’ve owned and run a business for 10 years and my philosophy is that any new employee has to be given the opportunity to learn how to do their job. This does not happen immediately, people invariably make mistakes. When mistakes are made, our company policy is “hey, mistakes happen”. If the same mistake happens again then I readily admit that I get cross. This is because I firmly believe that people learn from their mistakes, success comes from experience. Only an idiot doesn’t learn from his or her mistakes.

In ten years of running my business, nobody has ever resigned their position from the company. I burst with pride at that because I know that my staff feel they are well treated and enjoy their jobs. My point is therefore that, in my opinion, and that of many in our tribe, HF was not a leader because he/she did not know how to handle people fairly or politely. In my opinion – I’m not asking you to agree.

This led to numerous in-tribe conflicts which were destroying our tribe. HF had to go because HF was causing the vast majority of our problems, stamping feet and spitting dummies when he/she didn’t get his/her own way. It genuinely was like a spoiled child and I think that is reflected in HF’s version of WET history. He talks of WET being a dictatorship but, again in my opinion, he/she was the very worst kind of dictator who sulked and stirred when we didn't do exactly what he/she wanted. That is how it was, I know because I was there.

I’m delighted to say that we’ve resolved the vast majority of those issues and now have a well balanced council and tribe. We don’t want a tribe which, ironically given HF’s recent comments about our leadership, is headed up by a dictatorship and one of my roles on the council has been to involve our members far more than we did previously. I’m not saying it’s perfect but I can say that we have a much happier tribe than we did when HF was at the helm.

If you are still reading then I would stress one thing more.

I, and my fellow tribemates, know HF.

We’ve been tribemates.

Many of you who defend him/her do not have the benefit of our experience.

That is why so many of us dislike him/her so intensely……. because we know HF.

It is not coincidence and if you take the time to reflect on this point alone you will surely see that there must be a reason, a collective reason, for our mutual angst towards one individual.

There is no substitute for experience and we have experienced HF. We didn’t like it. Personally, if I was HF, I would be extremely disconcerted by the angst I generate and have a long introspective look at myself. HF does not seem to be capable of that I’m afraid.

I honestly have absolutely no gripe with anybody else in this forum and have no wish to argue with any of you. But, I do feel that the WET side of the story has not been fairly communicated.

Until now.

Thanks for reading if you did get this far:)

DeletedUser

The WET side of the story? I beg to differ, it's more your side of the story.

I was mean to new players? :S Matt and I had agreed to take in new players if they showed promise and teach/help them where needed. Do you honestly believe I would have allowed new players in if I was just going to be mean to them? What's the point in that? :S

I even gave an interview about it to MontyPython, you can look it up if you can be bothered.

For someone who was consistently breaking other people down and calling it humor, you do seem to be narrow minded. Has it never occurred to you that when you made a mistake and I made a comment that I was merely being sarcastic? No, because you're a psychotherapist and I'm an open book... wai- something doesn't sound right there.

You know me? You can't even figure out what gender I have, the most basic characteristic a human possesses, let alone know me on any psychological level whatsoever.

I also had to giggle about the irony in your post. How you say I always tried to get my way. Is this because I denied becoming allies with noob tribes that are now destroyed, the academies that I disallowed or because I had a different opinion on certain subjects or perhaps because I put new ideas into question so they would get elaborated and better thought out? If you actually browse through the council threads, you may find that even though I sometimes disagree, I still usually gave it an ok word if the majority was for.

If you want to know who and how I am, you'd better ask CHE. They know me better on a personal level already than any of the WET council ever did.

Other people do not so much defend me, it's more that they are able to see it from a neutral point of view and thus make neutral assessments of the situation and comment accordingly, if you look closely, you may notice how they're saying you're in the wrong more than that I'm in the right...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It seems wrong that we are being criticized by people who know nothing about WET so I thought I would post my experiences since I joined the tribe.

You can ignore it if you want, you can disbelieve it if you want but what follows is my experience and I hope illustrates why we have so much acrimony towards HF.

This is the first game of this type I have ever played. When I joined WET from Tiger Warriors way back in July (I think), I was a complete noob, I knew absolutely nothing about how this game is played. Even now, I learn something everyday.

The vast majority of WET members (Quezlo, Matt included) welcomed me warmly, offering encouragement and constructive advice.

One member however did not have time for a noob like me, could not grasp that people have to learn the intricacies of this game.

That member, from the very start, was abrasive, rude, demanding, snide and hyper hyper-critical towards myself and other new members.

I don’t have the IT skills of some of the younger players so I try to take my experience of real life and business and apply it to this game. I don’t think this is inappropriate because business is just like Tribal Wars. It involves management of human resources, physical resources and strategies such as mergers, alliances and, of course, aggressive takeovers. The parallels are striking.

I’ve owned and run a business for 10 years and my philosophy is that any new employee has to be given the opportunity to learn how to do their job. This does not happen immediately, people invariably make mistakes. When mistakes are made, our company policy is “hey, mistakes happen”. If the same mistake happens again then I readily admit that I get cross. This is because I firmly believe that people learn from their mistakes, success comes from experience. Only an idiot doesn’t learn from his or her mistakes.

In ten years of running my business, nobody has ever resigned their position from the company. I burst with pride at that because I know that my staff feel they are well treated and enjoy their jobs. My point is therefore that, in my opinion, and that of many in our tribe, HF was not a leader because he/she did not know how to handle people fairly or politely. In my opinion – I’m not asking you to agree.

This led to numerous in-tribe conflicts which were destroying our tribe. HF had to go because HF was causing the vast majority of our problems, stamping feet and spitting dummies when he/she didn’t get his/her own way. It genuinely was like a spoiled child and I think that is reflected in HF’s version of WET history. He talks of WET being a dictatorship but, again in my opinion, he/she was the very worst kind of dictator who sulked and stirred when we didn't do exactly what he/she wanted. That is how it was, I know because I was there.

I’m delighted to say that we’ve resolved the vast majority of those issues and now have a well balanced council and tribe. We don’t want a tribe which, ironically given HF’s recent comments about our leadership, is headed up by a dictatorship and one of my roles on the council has been to involve our members far more than we did previously. I’m not saying it’s perfect but I can say that we have a much happier tribe than we did when HF was at the helm.

If you are still reading then I would stress one thing more.

I, and my fellow tribemates, know HF.

We’ve been tribemates.

Many of you who defend him/her do not have the benefit of our experience.

That is why so many of us dislike him/her so intensely……. because we know HF.

It is not coincidence and if you take the time to reflect on this point alone you will surely see that there must be a reason, a collective reason, for our mutual angst towards one individual.

There is no substitute for experience and we have experienced HF. We didn’t like it. Personally, if I was HF, I would be extremely disconcerted by the angst I generate and have a long introspective look at myself. HF does not seem to be capable of that I’m afraid.

I honestly have absolutely no gripe with anybody else in this forum and have no wish to argue with any of you. But, I do feel that the WET side of the story has not been fairly communicated.

Until now.

Thanks for reading if you did get this far:)

The only point you've proved in that statement is that you run a business.
Congratulations.

You've said this is your first world, HF is from how many worlds? Honestly I don't know, but he has a lot of friends so I'd assume those people know him. So the facts in your statement are wrong, I believe YGP was in WET! along with HF and they are both still friends, as was -Matt-, and I havn't seen any statements from him saying he's no longer friends with HF.

I'm only viewing all this from the sidelines and have no biased on any side, except for YGP cause they said I'm a good leader <3
However I'm feeling more sympathy towards HF for the main fact that he's proven evidence towards his arguements and everyone argueing against him is purely making personal attacks.

Show us some evidence of how he was a bad leader and we might believe you Faustino, though with your track record on these forums I doubt it.

DeletedUser5327

We can serve and volley semantics all day long but I am surely entitled to my say am I not?

I think the huge animosity on this forum from WET members towards HF is ample evidence isn't it? Nobody else evokes so much vitriol and surely that speaks volumes.

As I said, that's my genuine experience of being in the same tribe, and on the same council, as HF. It's my side of the story just as HF has his/hers.

HF knows the truth about our taking Quezlo's villages and so do we. You'll just have to believe what you want to believe. I had some text somewhere that proved my case but I'm buggered if I can find it so I'll hold my hands up and say "I do have the proof but I can't find it". And, yes, I know that sounds hollow but I really can't be arsed to wade through Tribal Wars seeking it out. It's just not worth it but I'm man enough to admit it.

Similarly, if you can tell me how to get PM's past page 25 then I'll provide you with some examples of HF's leadership skills but I'm not going to waste my time on it.

Is it not reasonable that I should be allowed to put my side of the argument even if it is contrary to what HF has to say? If not, then I'll shut up. My post was supposed to be constructive, my reference to my business was to illustrate that I only had one source of experience to bring to TW.

Please tell me what else I could do? As I implied, I am always ready to learn, I have no pretensions to omnipotence, I know my human frailties and my human strengths . We grow by learning in this life.

In my opinion:)

DeletedUser

Finally some constructive debate.

I accept I have no knowledge of the WET forum going ons. All I can judge this on is this thread here. And so far, I am definatly in favour of HF. She has presented her argument in a sophisticated and dignified way. She has taken these numerous attacks on her personality and never once resorted to the same level of insults. Any personal comments she has made have been backed up with evidence.

When the WET players can conjure up the same level of counter argument, perhaps HF's many supporters will reconsider their position.

DeletedUser5327

To be honest RC, I realised that I was allowing myself to be dragged into some ill considered and really rather pathetic bickering and a man of my age should really know better.

You are 100% correct about sensible debate and I hope I can hold my tongue long enough to engage in that debate constructively in the future.

HF has a distinct advantage in that I am nowhere near as knowledgeable about IT or the various media used to commnuicate in TW as he/she i. Skype leaves me in a world of middle aged bewilderment and, crucially, I suspect I don't care as much. Which of course means my responses are far less considered and perhaps not backed up with evidence.

All I can tell you, and even HF knows this, I'm a very honourable and honest person. I see no reason whatsoever to lie in these forums. I don't do it in real life so there seems little point in doing it here.

But you will have to trust me on that because I could be lying:)

But it's unlikely.

DeletedUser1189

First off all Faustino I don't believe your a qualified psychopherapist (psychotherapist). You didnt even spell the word right, now my own spelling and grammar I am the first to admit is poor. But at least I can spell my job title and previous job titles as I did them daily. Nor do your posts portray a more advanced understanding of psychoanalysis than what I see from basic trolls when they attempt to character assasinate people.

You remind me of the person in the scripts discussion who told everyone they were involved in law, and went on to list a whole bunch of stuff that was required to be done by disability law in an attempt to allow scripting for farming. Fail of course as I pointed out to them they were talking rubbish.

Its easy on the internet to give yourself a persona and make up a history. Its often very prevelant especially on forums.

I don't care who you are, or what you really do or have done, but at the end of the day your basic trolling of HF's character is highly flawed. Certainly not what a professional who has actually spoken to her would give as an anaylsis.

I agree with the buisness aspect of tribalwars, I have worked at a few different levels in companies and been involved in the people management aspect as well as training and development. I also apply a lot of these skills I have learned over time to how I run a tribe, and how I 'manage' the members of our group so we achieve beyond what we expect and at the same time play in as relaxed enviroment as we can having fun.

Its interesting that you say you have run a buisness for ten years you are clearly inexperienced in several area's.

I think the one staring out at me firstly is your role in aquisitations and mergers. Quite frankly your latest aquisations have been poor, clearly there was no research done on the players, or the fall out at a global scale and almost certain annihilation you have pushed your tribe towards with your actions.

Its likely that no one has resigned thier position from your 'company' because your not operating as a real buisness manager. Sometimes, in my leadership role within my tribe, I have to stand back from what is happening and make decisions which will affect tens to hundreds of peoples games. Sometimes these decisions are difficult for me to make as I know they affect both positive and sometimes negative to some peoples games, which they might of been playing for six months to a year as a daily player.

When I recruit new 'employees' into my tribe I at least first assess them at a discussion level as well as based on there play style and standing. I often have to turn people away, some even large players as I don't think they will fit with our tribes structure or systems. Regardless of there learning capacity its not about just bussing people in off the street and giving them a name badge with the company logo on.

If HF was getting annoyed at the way people within the tribe were acting and carrying on and letting people know this then it has been a mistake of the tribes to let her go. Firstly, she is a player capable of making the difficult decisions. Of saying no to people, and if necceasry upsetting some for the whole of a tribe. As a tribe leader your responsibility is not to be liked by everyone, but to make the decisions which make your tribe stronger, more toughened to the world and able to stand up and be counted.

When I first encountered HF on the forums of this world, I majorly disagreed with the format in which she posted and the what she was saying. Since she became a member of my tribe, I was initally not overly pleased when I found out but I then made an effort to approach her and speak one on one. I was very direct with the questions I asked and she was very intelligent and direct with her responses which allowed me to understand her character and the kind of player she is.

Since then, I have grown a lot fonder of this player and I am pleased to see how well she has settled into our tribe and added to our community. A very positive addition and influence, and who has clearly done what she said when I asked her what future she wanted with our tribe.

I actually only began to life HF once I got to know her as a person and player and not just as a forum personality.

I suspect your angst was driven by the fact that you people are so far up yourselfs that you found it difficult being told what to do and how to do it by someone less advanced in years than yourself. A major mistake I find, especially from more lived people. The younger generation, although sometimes brash in there approach often know what they are doing. You would not of even had a tribe to lead had she not created it for you. Because of this, and my own opinion, from reading all sides of the posts is that you couldnt handle having a young female in charge of your tribe, as you and your council would be far better with all your buisness and life experinece to guide you and drove her from it, in some kind of hostile takeover where you bullied her out and turned popular opinion against her from those players who needed a strong hand to rant at them until they worked the way you need to to survive in TW.

Your last summing up of HF as well is a rather immature dig at her age and character, something which you clearly never took the time to understand by actually talking to her as a person. You also now have a gripe with me on these forums as you feel the need to contiune attempting to slander a member of my tribe, something which I will not allow and which I will use more than words if necceasry to prove my point.

Regardless of your WET story or the real history of WET, none of which concerns me, you will rue the day when you come here and claim to be a psychotherapist, character assasinate my tribemember, accuse them of being nothing more than an annoyance and never once speak of her true character and nature clearly having never bothered to understand the player.

Rochelle

DeletedUser

I like cheese.

I've had quite a few players join due to allegiances/friendships to Matt, Quezlo and yes HF. Whilst as Roch has said she has settled well into the tribe. All I can really get from this situation seems to be for some reason you and HF have not gone on. You have then decided this is flaws in HF's character, which now having HF in my tribe, I can see not to be true. Which is ironic, since it would then indicate it is you who needs to act more adult, and try to see things from other perspectives.

Just my take on it.

DeletedUser

At Rochelle:

Your point about forum persona is fairly irrelevant, I doubt that the person who said he studied law would have brought much to the game. Tino's business acumen at least has some link to this game. As for the fact that you believe he is lying about his life in the first place is slightly out of order. You can't base your opinions on wether he can spell his job right after all, Gordon Brown, the man supposed to be in charge of our country made the very same mistake, and your not the one claiming he is no longer PM. Looking through his posts, I can't find any reference that you could link to his business life, despite you saying that his posts prove he has no business acumen.

Like you and HF, I have been in Tino's tribe and I can back him up when I say that he has brought something to game most can't. If you got to know him, I reckon you would see that. Like he said, he was a complete newb at this game, but he still managed to bring the tribe to what it was.

You yourself said that you based your mindset of HF on his forum posts, and thought he was arrogant and didn't like him, but once you got to know him, you thought he was a good guy/girl. You are using exactly the same evidence for what you believe Tino is like, totally contradicting your point about forum personas being deceptive.

I am loyal who are loyal to me in turn. Tino is such an individual, something you couldn't gather from just reading his forum posts. Just because we are on different sides of the equation does not mean we are still friends, we still respect each other, despite what has been said.

But I still cannot leave my arguments rot.

At Faustino:

I think the huge animosity on this forum from WET members towards HF is ample evidence isn't it? Nobody else evokes so much vitriol and surely that speaks volumes.

As I said, that's my genuine experience of being in the same tribe, and on the same council, as HF. It's my side of the story just as HF has his/hers.

HF knows the truth about our taking Quezlo's villages and so do we. You'll just have to believe what you want to believe. I had some text somewhere that proved my case but I'm buggered if I can find it so I'll hold my hands up and say "I do have the proof but I can't find it". And, yes, I know that sounds hollow but I really can't be arsed to wade through Tribal Wars seeking it out. It's just not worth it but I'm man enough to admit it.

Is it not reasonable that I should be allowed to put my side of the argument even if it is contrary to what HF has to say? If not, then I'll shut up. My post was supposed to be constructive, my reference to my business was to illustrate that I only had one source of experience to bring to TW.

Please tell me what else I could do? As I implied, I am always ready to learn, I have no pretensions to omnipotence, I know my human frailties and my human strengths . We grow by learning in this life.

Your excuse about technology is irrelevant. There are hundreds of players your age who use Skype and such to communicate. All you need to do is learn, something you seem very apt at doing.

As for your arguments at HF, yes, we know the truth about him and Quezlo's villages, it has been discussed at great length, and it has been established that both are playing under different profiles now. You really have gained nothing.

Now, WET representation. As far as I can see: You and the Speaker. Gemarriott's criticism has had little or nothing to do with the matter at hand, and has just been flaming HF throughout the thread. DaGeneral has now left, after his attempt to put things right was ignored. Both you and The Speaker have had good posts, although a little repetitive at times, but please, your WET representation has been pitiful at best.

DeletedUser

To be honest RC, I realised that I was allowing myself to be dragged into some ill considered and really rather pathetic bickering and a man of my age should really know better.

You are 100% correct about sensible debate and I hope I can hold my tongue long enough to engage in that debate constructively in the future.

HF has a distinct advantage in that I am nowhere near as knowledgeable about IT or the various media used to commnuicate in TW as he/she i. Skype leaves me in a world of middle aged bewilderment and, crucially, I suspect I don't care as much. Which of course means my responses are far less considered and perhaps not backed up with evidence.

All I can tell you, and even HF knows this, I'm a very honourable and honest person. I see no reason whatsoever to lie in these forums. I don't do it in real life so there seems little point in doing it here.

But you will have to trust me on that because I could be lying:)

But it's unlikely.

I have no idea how to use in-game skype, nor do I have any desire to. Likewise, I do not understand how the numerous IT based things in the game, such as scripts, work.

And I hope so too, because I believe if WET supporters actually thought about their argument instead of just flaming HF constantly, they might have a chance of proving her wrong.

As for the age thing, that is irrelevant. I am 15 yet I have acted in a manner far more composed than the majority of WET supporters. Age is not an reason for not knowing something, or acting in a certain way. It is an excuse.
(That is not aimed specifically at you, but at anyone that may pick up on your comment on age and try and use it to defend their ridiculous actions)

DeletedUser1189

Its funny you mention Gordon Brown, as as far as I can tell he is also an idiot running an organization into the ground, although im pretty sure he can still spell Prime Minister correctly. Although, I like to think he probably shortens it down to MP just to be on the safe side.

You will be right about me basing my ideas on a forum personality. That is all I have to go by, likewise im quite sure people will base opinions on myself based on how I post without ever actually talk to me. I don't care, and I don't care what people think. Tino may be bringing something to your tribe and also your game, but all I see is him acting like a child and calling my tribe member names over and over using the same rhetoric.

For me, that allows me to make all the decisions I need to based on how I will view that tribe.

The only reference I linked to his buisness life was the one he himself made earlier. I never said he had no buisness acumen, I just trolled him about the running of his tribe using his own refence for fodder. My point being you need to be tough and make hard decsisions to run a tribe. Even if you have to be tough with people and upset some.

DeletedUser4423

god almighty, lets of text walls here huh ^_^

this has little to do with TW, which makes it offtopic.

my take on all this, is that noone can judge another player on Tribalwars as you do not know them well enough. so please stop trying.

kthxbai!

DeletedUser

well i do infact have to read something to find it boring...so that answers that.

When i make an alliance my only aim is to keep the members happy, I cant speak for WET on how well they communicate cos ive never been in there. However it deppends on how you put your point accross....ive seen the way you write on the forums....and i think thats what got you ignored and eventually kicked.

The council are doing what they think is best...exactly what every tribe council is doing. You clearly dont like this but it doesnt matter! your not in WET anymore....move the F on....like footinmouth said:

"All you appear to be doing now is stamping your feet like a child having a temper tantrum."

My new hero

LOL HF the little kid who won't stop crying at nap time.

DeletedUser

my take on all this, is that noone can judge another player on Tribalwars as you do not know them well enough. so please stop trying.

I was going to write something longer, but this sums up what I was going to say, so I'll just second that.

DeletedUser

forthed (if that is a word :L)