A dry future?

DeletedUser5327

PS And thanks to Blik for the support. Always appreciated mate and as I've said before, i'm genuinely sorry that you were the innocent unfortunate in the whole dismissal saga.

DeletedUser

Enough guys.If he/she agrees, then I'm ready to stop the criticism. But only if HF does the same for me. We've been criticising each other since I joined WET and, as many have pointed out in this forum, it's all a bit pointless.

Why do you need to wait for that? Why do you not just take the high ground and stop criticising her. 'Cause if you do, in all certainty she + her supporters will stop criticising you. Do the right thing, don't try and get some feeling of victory out of this. Accept you were wrong at times and move on, and we will accept we have not been right everytime, and move on. Then we can have this debate seriously.

DeletedUser5327

Why do you need to wait for that? Why do you not just take the high ground and stop criticising her. 'Cause if you do, in all certainty she + her supporters will stop criticising you. Do the right thing, don't try and get some feeling of victory out of this. Accept you were wrong at times and move on, and we will accept we have not been right everytime, and move on. Then we can have this debate seriously.

You are too blinkered, your unswerving loyalty to HF is touching.

I don't want any "victory" out of this, I just want it to end.

I regularly accept that i'm wrong and have said previously that I always try to learn by my mistakes when I make them.

One such mistake was to get embroiled (in a pretty immature manner) in a dispute that will never be resolved.

But, I refuse to accept that i am wholly to blame. People have said a lot of innaccurate and disparaging stuff about me and my tribe and I would be strange character if I didn't feel a desire to put my/our side of the story. Perhaps I expressed myself badly but I can hardly turn around and say:

"Hey! Everything HF said is 100% true and we in WET are a bunch of morons" because what he said is not the whole truth (in my oipinion) and we are anything but morons (again, you'll have to take my word on that).

I'm trying to be rational and put an end to this ridiculous diatribe but I find myself now awaiting the next round of vitriol.

Hum ho!

DeletedUser

You are too blinkered, your unswerving loyalty to HF is touching.

I don't want any "victory" out of this, I just want it to end.

I regularly accept that i'm wrong and have said previously that I always try to learn by my mistakes when I make them.

One such mistake was to get embroiled (in a pretty immature manner) in a dispute that will never be resolved.

But, I refuse to accept that i am wholly to blame. People have said a lot of innaccurate and disparaging stuff about me and my tribe and I would be strange character if I didn't feel a desire to put my/our side of the story. Perhaps I expressed myself badly but I can hardly turn around and say:

"Hey! Everything HF said is 100% true and we in WET are a bunch of morons" because what he said is not the whole truth (in my oipinion) and we are anything but morons (again, you'll have to take my word on that).

I'm trying to be rational and put an end to this ridiculous diatribe but I find myself now awaiting the next round of vitriol.

Hum ho!

Unswerving loyalty to HF? Hmm, I suppose I shall admit slightly to that - not unswerving. If she makes a bad point I'm not going to stand by it just because it was made by her.

I am not expecting you to say you are completely wrong and HF is completely right. The point I am making is based on your statement of you would stop criticising her if she stopped criticising you. That is not the way to end this argument. Just stop criticising her. That way, it is a win win. Either she will also stop insulting you, or keep insulting you and end up looking incredibly immature and childish whilst making you look like a dignified player.

If you
don't want any "victory" out of this, I just want it to end.
then just leave the issue, and it will end.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5327

*Gives thread shove in general direction*

Discuss...

I supported every decision The Speaker made in this matter.

What he did was for the long term good of WET, it was being torn apart and there was only one action left open to him.

I know him very well and he is an exceptional leader who listens and takes advice from others on the council. He doesn't always agree but he will explain his reasoning if he doesn't.

He'll also own up to mistakes. Indeed, there is a very recent example in our council forum of him holding his hands up and saying "I was wrong". It takes a big heart to admit to your own failings imo.

We've never once regetted the decision to dismiss HF or Quezlo, it was the only way to save our tribe from civil war.

We all regret that Matt had to go too.

DeletedUser

Aren't you contradicting yourself here? >.<

I don't think I am.
My comment was when people make personal attacks at other players then anyone with common sense is going to argue against the attacks because this is just a game.
I have no interest in either side winning the debate but I think faustino making personal attacks against HF's life outside the game is uncalled for.

DeletedUser

People who call others bullied and try to belittle them to make themselves look better deserve to be flaimed.
This is a public forums and people shouldn't post here if they can't be polite to others, even if they disagree with/hate them.

My comment was when people make personal attacks at other players then anyone with common sense is going to argue against the attacks because this is just a game.
I have no interest in either side winning the debate but I think faustino making personal attacks against HF's life outside the game is uncalled for.

So when you say people who bully others deserve to be flamed, you mean they deserved to be argued against, but as long as it is structured and not another flame in itself?

DeletedUser5327

I think faustino making personal attacks against HF's life outside the game is uncalled for.

So do I.

I don't like HF in this game but I know nothing about the real life HF so I should not have made any references outside the game.

I apologise.

DeletedUser

Right, all flaming discussion to be moved here:

Flame Wars

The Topic = WET

What he did was for the long term good of WET, it was being torn apart and there was only one action left open to him.

Well tbh, it really doesn't seem to have worked

I know him very well and he is an exceptional leader who listens and takes advice from others on the council. He doesn't always agree but he will explain his reasoning if he doesn't.

But he doesn't listen to the majority of the tribe, one of the most important bulk of a tribe. Did you think the huge number of people leaving has been to do with them being bored?

We've never once regetted the decision to dismiss HF or Quezlo, it was the only way to save our tribe from civil war.

It didn't prevent it, it made it inevitable. If you had listened, WET would be 3rd, perhaps 2nd, instead you chose to ignore it and ripped it apart.

We all regret that Matt had to go too.

No, you don't, otherwise I'd be in the tribe.

:)

DeletedUser

How did Rc get involved in this lol?

I felt HFs supporters wouldn't complain at having one more voice join them ;)

In reality, I was sick of the constant insults, and hoped to help this discussion back to a proper debate. And I think to a certain extent there has been success; however, who has caused this is up to you. Personally I think Blik has been very good for this, and Tino's apology a few comments back will be a huge help in putting this back on course for some proper debate.

DeletedUser

Faustino, please invite The Speaker to post here instead of you being his scapegoat. It is his folly and the fact that by his will he recruited in k46 against a superior tribes wishes, that aggregates and insults me. If you were not involved, you should get those who were and we can holler at them. Don't allow yourself to be scapegoated at Speaker's expense.

DeletedUser5327

Faustino, please invite The Speaker to post here instead of you being his scapegoat. It is his folly and the fact that by his will he recruited in k46 against a superior tribes wishes, that aggregates and insults me. If you were not involved, you should get those who were and we can holler at them. Don't allow yourself to be scapegoated at Speaker's expense.

I'm a big boy mate, I can take it:)

Where we'll never agree is that I really do believe that he was right, we were going to fall apart completely the way it was going.

He and I work as a team. He's sometimes the bad cop and, believe it or not after all the stuff going on in here recently, I play the reasonably good guy. My role is to temper his decisions and it's working thus far as WET is calming down internally and regaining a common focus.

Let me address the K46 issue internally because I'm as guilty as anybody. Elvispresley is all over us like a rash on that border and to be honest i've been taking K46 villages as an act of future self and WET-preservation.

You have my word that I will desist from now on although I've curently got nobles out and about possibly heading for k46. I need to check but if so, i'll abandon any village i take overnight. I will also suggest to The Speaker that we renegotiate and adhere to the terms of the NAP.

Is that reasonable?

DeletedUser

I agree, put blame where blame's due...

Exactly. Obviously The Speaker knows he is incorrect, hence his refusal to show his face on the PnP, but dw, he can't avoid nukes in the same way hahaha... :D

P.S. <3 HF.

DeletedUser

Elvispresley is all over us like a rash on that border

WOT!!! Elvis has NOT left the building?????

I will also suggest to The Speaker that we renegotiate and adhere to the terms of the NAP.

Is that reasonable?

Seems WET are not to crash hot at sticking to NAP terms at all.. including nobling in k57

DeletedUser

Where we'll never agree is that I really do believe that he was right, we were going to fall apart completely the way it was going.

He and I work as a team. He's sometimes the bad cop and, believe it or not after all the stuff going on in here recently, I play the reasonably good guy. My role is to temper his decisions and it's working thus far as WET is calming down internally and regaining a common focus.

Let me address the K46 issue internally because I'm as guilty as anybody. Elvispresley is all over us like a rash on that border and to be honest i've been taking K46 villages as an act of future self and WET-preservation.

You have my word that I will desist from now on although I've curently got nobles out and about possibly heading for k46. I need to check but if so, i'll
abandon any village i take overnight. I will also suggest to The Speaker that
we renegotiate and adhere to the terms of the NAP.

Is that reasonable?

Well we had an NAP, but The Speaker broke it. WET were not permitted to recruit in K46, yet The Speaker did.

If you are truly interested in renegotiating, you must respect our territories and our refugees of war. K46 is CHE territory by right of war, we fought hard for it. Hence, any ex-LiO refugees that WET recruited would have to be relinquished to CHE!!! and to respect our territory, their could be no further nobling into K46 byWET. As far as I know, WET intends to secure andexpand rim-wards, so K46 shouldn't be on your agenda anyway.

DeletedUser

Adellion said:
Well we had an NAP, but The Speaker broke it. WET were not permitted to recruit in K46, yet The Speaker did.

If you are truly interested in renegotiating, you must respect our territories and our refugees of war. K46 is CHE territory by right of war, we fought hard for it. Hence, any ex-LiO refugees that WET recruited would have to be relinquished to CHE!!! and to respect our territory, their could be no further nobling into K46 byWET. As far as I know, WET intends to secure andexpand rim-wards, so K46 shouldn't be on your agenda anyway.

You mean recruit rim-wards:icon_wink:

Look at this edit I made,pretty self explanatory:

graph.jpg

Now, sgtbart has successfully killed of quite a few WET nukes,with minimal losses.Killing many full nukes... and a few poor ones...I wish not to humiliate WET further though. Showing that WET's co-ordination is really not that good, along with there sword nukes