A general speed guide

DeletedUser

Only just seen this so will comment now.
There are some vital flaws with this guide, don't have time to go over anything in detail but will just outline them

1. I see no mention of axes, defence or any other troop for that matter besides LC. It really is not difficult to keep barracks queue constant aswell as the stable. Any decent startup should contain a certain amount of defence. Building no defence at all is completely stupid in 95% of cases, and should not be encouraged. Generally speaking, order of priority: Stable>Barracks>HQ

2. Noble rushing can work under certain circumstances, but again, should not be encouraged. I notice in one of your screen shots you are upgrading the smithy from level 16 - 20 with only 8000 population. This tactic will leave you with a very underdeveloped village and it is unlikely you will have enough offensive strength to take out a decent village as you wish to. (unless you are working well in a team). You go on to say that you should simply "noble rank 2" this is barbaric. The last thing you want to do when noble rushing is take on players with more or equal amount of troops to you.

The biggest village is not necessarily the best noble target.

Good post Sam

DeletedUser

Thanks for feedback guys.
Only just seen this so will comment now.
There are some vital flaws with this guide, don't have time to go over anything in detail but will just outline them

1. I see no mention of axes, defence or any other troop for that matter besides LC. It really is not difficult to keep barracks queue constant aswell as the stable. Any decent startup should contain a certain amount of defence. Building no defence at all is completely stupid in 95% of cases, and should not be encouraged. Generally speaking, order of priority: Stable>Barracks>HQ

2. Noble rushing can work under certain circumstances, but again, should not be encouraged. I notice in one of your screen shots you are upgrading the smithy from level 16 - 20 with only 8000 population. This tactic will leave you with a very underdeveloped village and it is unlikely you will have enough offensive strength to take out a decent village as you wish to. (unless you are working well in a team). You go on to say that you should simply "noble rank 2" this is barbaric. The last thing you want to do when noble rushing is take on players with more or equal amount of troops to you.

The biggest village is not necessarily the best noble target.
I agree with alsomst every word of what you say.
1. I don't mention axe/spear as people usually go LC/axe or LC/spear. Keeping a constant queue in rax is not difficult. Your order of priority is wrong. It's Stable>HQ>Barracks. When that's said you should get rax to around 15 quite quick as they don't use as long as other buildings, as Stable and HQ. You should have a mix of stable and HQ, and as every 3-5 upgrade rax.

2. Of course there are circumstances where noble rushing is not optimal, and that is why I say that this guide is not what you should follow in every speed round, but in most. Regarding the screenshots that is because I started just to get some screenshots I could use, and my internet crashed for 10 minutes, so I got suicide attacked and lost some of my troops, and just put the buildings on to illustrate. If you take a closer look you will see that I have 3k farmspace free, and that farm was full when I had +-1500p. If you follow my guide in general, you will have more than enough offensive strength to take out a more than decent village. You may say what you want regarding nobling rank 2, but you will be suprised if you hear how much I acctually do that. But of course, it all depends on that very round, position, if he is a deffwhore ect. That last statement is true if they are deff, but if they go offensive as you it's plane wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8153

There is nothing wrong with what I said whatsoever
The only time when you should prioritize HQ over barracks is when you have just researched LC, up until about 200 LC at the most.
The number of times you have nobled rank 2 is irrelevant, doesn't mean it's the best option. If you want to noble someone who has no defense who is reasonably close to you, then that would be more viable. Not the most viable option.
But are you really telling me you would rather noble a 4k village with level 27 HQ, level 6 mines and level 5 smithy. As opposed to say, a 2k village with level 20 HQ, level 15 smithy and level 16 mines?

My last statement is always true.
The biggest village isn't necessarily the best noble target.

DeletedUser

There is nothing wrong with what I said whatsoever
The only time when you should prioritize HQ over barracks is when you have just researched LC, up until about 200 LC at the most.
The number of times you have nobled rank 2 is irrelevant, doesn't mean it's the best option. If you want to noble someone who has no defense who is reasonably close to you, then that would be more viable. Not the most viable option.
But are you really telling me you would rather noble a 4k village with level 27 HQ, level 6 mines and level 5 smithy. As opposed to say, a 2k village with level 20 HQ, level 15 smithy and level 16 mines?

My last statement is always true.
The biggest village isn't necessarily the best noble target.

Oh, you're wrong again. You're wrong regarding HQ, and regarding what village to noble.
Yes, I would noble a village with lvl 27 HQ, 5 mines and 5 smithy, if that was the biggest village. However, when that's said the biggest village wouldn't look like that. Not at all.

Maybe you aren't good enough to farm with sevral villages in speed rounds, but I am, and others could be aswell.

Believe me, I was team captain for Norway during SC12, and I thought my ten who could play against .net this. International was 20 players, we were 10. They won with 2k only, and the next round, in the quarterfinal, myself and one other norwegian played the quarterfinal representing .net, and we were the two on rank 1 and 2.

You should listen to what I say.

DeletedUser

How about instead of bragging about records, trying to convince each other with logic and reasoning?

DeletedUser

How about instead of bragging about records, trying to convince each other with logic and reasoning?
I believe I did both.

Why am I wrong?
Well, if you read what I wrote it explains everything.
Read what's in bold.

Oh, you're wrong again. You're wrong regarding HQ, and regarding what village to noble.

Yes, I would noble a village with lvl 27 HQ, 5 mines and 5 smithy, if that was the biggest village. However, when that's said the biggest village wouldn't look like that. Not at all.

Maybe you aren't good enough to farm with sevral villages in speed rounds, but I am, and others could be aswell.

Believe me, I was team captain for Norway during SC12, and I thought my ten who could play against .net this. International was 20 players, we were 10. They won with 2k only, and the next round, in the quarterfinal, myself and one other norwegian played the quarterfinal representing .net, and we were the two on rank 1 and 2.

You should listen to what I say.
Thanks for feedback guys.

I agree with alsomst every word of what you say.
1. I don't mention axe/spear as people usually go LC/axe or LC/spear. Keeping a constant queue in rax is not difficult. Your order of priority is wrong. It's Stable>HQ>Barracks. When that's said you should get rax to around 15 quite quick as they don't use as long as other buildings, as Stable and HQ. You should have a mix of stable and HQ, and as every 3-5 upgrade rax.

2. Of course there are circumstances where noble rushing is not optimal, and that is why I say that this guide is not what you should follow in every speed round, but in most. Regarding the screenshots that is because I started just to get some screenshots I could use, and my internet crashed for 10 minutes, so I got suicide attacked and lost some of my troops, and just put the buildings on to illustrate. If you take a closer look you will see that I have 3k farmspace free, and that farm was full when I had +-1500p. If you follow my guide in general, you will have more than enough offensive strength to take out a more than decent village. You may say what you want regarding nobling rank 2, but you will be suprised if you hear how much I acctually do that. But of course, it all depends on that very round, position, if he is a deffwhore ect. That last statement is true if they are deff, but if they go offensive as you it's plane wrong.

DeletedUser8153

Your arrogance is quite shocking for someone who is supposed to be a community manager.

It's completely irrelevant what "you would do". That's not a legitimate reason.

And what has farming with multiple villages got to do with anything? You can't start farming as soon as you take a village. You can ship resources, but what if you have lost your nuke or need to rebuild troops in your main? Oh wait, you're one of those players who quits whenever they lose their nuke. Now seeing as you think you know it all, explain to me why nobling a village with higher points is always a better option.

You say "decent village" but that doesn't necessarily mean the village with the most points. How many times do I have to say this?

as for Norway vs .net, .net did not have 20 members, infact they had less members than Norway a few of which joined late. Please refrain from lying.

DeletedUser

Your arrogance is quite shocking for someone who is supposed to be a community manager.

It's completely irrelevant what "you would do". That's not a legitimate reason.

And what has farming with multiple villages got to do with anything? You can't start farming as soon as you take a village. You can ship resources, but what if you have lost your nuke or need to rebuild troops in your main? Oh wait, you're one of those players who quits whenever they lose their nuke. Now seeing as you think you know it all, explain to me why nobling a village with higher points is always a better option.

You say "decent village" but that doesn't necessarily mean the village with the most points. How many times do I have to say this?

as for Norway vs .net, .net did not have 20 members, infact they had less members than Norway a few of which joined late. Please refrain from lying.
First off all, if you think I'm arrogant just because I don't agree with you that's your opinion. Secoundly I have different roles on different forums. Here I am a player, and I fail to see why you drag this in as relevant in this discussion.

Let's just agree that you got your opinion, and that me and my speed team got our. I've decided to share some of it, and I'm not up for discussing what allready 20 people (The members of WySoSe) have discussed and agreed is the best startup, including Adrian (.net speed champion).

Regarding the .net vs .no match you're wrong, so don't accuse me of lying.

DeletedUser8153

You're hopeless. Still no reason or answer :L

Tbh, it's amusing. You write a speed guide when you clearly have little knowledge of the game, and the only reasons you give to back any of it up when challenged is "I would do it" or "20 people agreed with it"

Order of events:
Learn how to play, then try to teach.

DeletedUser5582

Ok lets try and keep the Guides forum slightly apart from the usual you're wrong I'm right discussions (as indeed you were earlier in this thread).

Either take it to PM and then post here when you are agreed who is more right than the other or if still in denial that this guide is any good post up your own to demonstrate why folks should bow down and follow you to speed immortality!

Lets lose the little digs at each other though please.

DeletedUser7179

If it makes you feel better I think you are both wrong.... your start up guide is not efficient it is just an LC rush start up! there are quicker more sustainable ways of getting to LC and as I proved in the last round ARA's start up is also not efficient either!

DeletedUser8153

If it makes you feel better I think you are both wrong.... your start up guide is not efficient it is just an LC rush start up! there are quicker more sustainable ways of getting to LC and as I proved in the last round ARA's start up is also not efficient either!
You've got a nerve.

DeletedUser

since we are all bragging, I thought I'd say Kudos too.....

This Guide is not perfect. It has some flaws that the writer refers as "difference in opinion" while Sam was just pointing them out for the same purpose as writing a guide (helping noobz learn). I don't see why one would get so offensive.
and about .no VS .net, both teams had same number of players as far as i remember

Also James, getting LCs faster in a round does not necessarily mean being "more efficient" . If you recall I got Lcs too late too. doesn't mean there were like 10 players more efficient than me in the round....

DeletedUser7179

Milad I wasn't talking about getting them 1st quite the opposite really! I was talking about getting them and being able to sustain a decent lvl of building rather than building 1 by 1 and relying on market trades as some people do!

DeletedUser10789

This guide is good 7/10, mediocre
Lionheart knows what is best, i dont know what is best, but i can see flaws in your strategy/guide.
in mondays round I was ahead by miles. first to academy, first to noble, first to 10K.
However no other decent players were playing after tropez quit, however Lionheart would have been miles ahead of me. im trialing different options to see which work best

DeletedUser7966

Believe me, I was team captain for Norway during SC12, and I thought my ten who could play against .net this. International was 20 players, we were 10. .

Regarding the .net vs .no match you're wrong, so don't accuse me of lying.
I'm not going to accuse you of lying, I'm going to prove you're lying.

Rank Tribe Points Total points Members Villages
1 .NET 44.071 44.071 13 16
2 NORWAY 42.333 42.333 14 16

DeletedUser

This guide is good 7/10, mediocre
Lionheart knows what is best, i dont know what is best, but i can see flaws in your strategy/guide.
in mondays round I was ahead by miles. first to academy, first to noble, first to 10K.

However no other decent players were playing after tropez quit, however Lionheart would have been miles ahead of me. im trialing different options to see which work best
There's no such thing as a guide which gives you the very best startup. Everything changes from round to round.

since we are all bragging, I thought I'd say Kudos too.....

This Guide is not perfect. It has some flaws that the writer refers as "difference in opinion" while Sam was just pointing them out for the same purpose as writing a guide (helping noobz learn). I don't see why one would get so offensive.
and about .no VS .net, both teams had same number of players as far as i remember

Also James, getting LCs faster in a round does not necessarily mean being "more efficient" . If you recall I got Lcs too late too. doesn't mean there were like 10 players more efficient than me in the round....
I know this guide isn't perfect. There is two "main reasons" for that.
1. I do not share my "best tricks/strategies"
2. I am not a perfect speed player, therefore I cannot write a perfect guide.

However, I believe this guide to be good to help new SDS players, and to get up some interest for SDS - which was my main purpose for writing this guide.

I'm not going to accuse you of lying, I'm going to prove you're lying.

Rank Tribe Points Total points Members Villages
1 .NET 44.071 44.071 13 16
2 NORWAY 42.333 42.333 14 16
Well, that was a memory glitch. I'm sorry. :)
Not that it should change anything.

Edit:
I've been asking my self why everybody wants to comment on flaws in my guide. Now I realized that the title is not what it's supposed to be. It should not be "A real speed guide", it should be "A general speed guide" just like I wrote on the .no forums, where I first posted my guide and later translated.

DeletedUser11204

Is there a simpler version? My brain is quite frazzled by all this! Thanks :)