A thought...

DeletedUser6695

I found myself looking through the rankings last night, alas, I recognised not one name. It then occurred to me that most of my clique had quit TW around the time of p2w and other new features. Again, I found myself looking at the rankings and I wanted to pose this question to anyone who reads this...

Do you enjoy TW more now that p2w features aid you in growth and the once superior players have vanished likely to never return? Would you rather battle for rank 1 among lesser players or watch as the Pros once again leave you in their dust? Are you happy the skill gap has gone and you are now all essentially equals?

I guess some people will disagree and say people are just as good or people have improved but imo the skill has dropped significantly on this server. What I want to know is do you now enjoy it more ?

CF

DeletedUser13240

No. I hate the way TW has changed. TW has changed from players with skill playing to win and have good time to players paying to win with barely any skill at all. Hopefully TW returns to way it once was and the many great players who once played without pp would return and make TW a challenge again. These days it's just seeing who can have the biggest account and no longer about the player with the most skill. Makes me wonder why I still play TW.

DeletedUser7549

That's a very good point CF, and a lot of the old timers are gone..

In one sense the equality adds something interesting to the game, but if everyone is equal how can anyone get better?

Most players joining now don't seem to ever hit that "elite" player status.. I remember some worlds where 5-8 players could be feared by the whole world before nobles even came out haha.

Overall I think the change is bitter sweet... (I miss the old days though)

DeletedUser12656

p2w has destroyed normal worlds.

Not complaining though, has helped speed players make pp.

DeletedUser8097

Your opinion is worth NOTHING.
You can complain all day.
You think the noobs on any server care?
As a matter of fact, they enjoy it.

Now for your information. It's NEVER going back to what it was.
You know why? Because p2w is a gold mine for Innogames. They're making at least double the amount they were making before this. And they're cracking up this very moment passing the ipad from one to another and laughing at your frustration.
Your tears are worth less than you can imagine.

DeletedUser13240

Go away Adrian. Nobody cares about your opinion because you don't care about theirs. Go back to your student party :lol:. Plus in case you cant read, Grimmie said that he WASN'T complaining.

DeletedUser8097

Go away Adrian. Nobody cares about your opinion because you don't care about theirs. Go back to your student party :lol:.

There you are. Thought I lost you.

chrise_shark.jpg

DeletedUser13240

I wonder how long it took you to find that in your gutter :lol:.

DeletedUser6695

Your opinion is worth NOTHING.
You can complain all day.
You think the noobs on any server care?
As a matter of fact, they enjoy it.

Now for your information. It's NEVER going back to what it was.
You know why? Because p2w is a gold mine for Innogames. They're making at least double the amount they were making before this. And they're cracking up this very moment passing the ipad from one to another and laughing at your frustration.
Your tears are worth less than you can imagine.

Who is this even directed at?

DeletedUser11866

I found myself looking through the rankings last night, alas, I recognised not one name. It then occurred to me that most of my clique had quit TW around the time of p2w and other new features. Again, I found myself looking at the rankings and I wanted to pose this question to anyone who reads this...

Do you enjoy TW more now that p2w features aid you in growth and the once superior players have vanished likely to never return? Would you rather battle for rank 1 among lesser players or watch as the Pros once again leave you in their dust? Are you happy the skill gap has gone and you are now all essentially equals?

I guess some people will disagree and say people are just as good or people have improved but imo the skill has dropped significantly on this server. What I want to know is do you now enjoy it more ?

CF

The competitiveness makes it more fun but it doesn't help the overall status of the UK server at all ...

DeletedUser

I'm not sure i will ever be playing another UK world after my current two finish. I loved how great and competitive UK16 was from the beginning, the settings were pretty horrible for early game as well, but still some of the most fun ive ever had on these servers. UK17 looked fun before the world was ruined via diplomacy, sadly i never played that world. But P2W coming in UK18 has destroyed UK servers now. I really hope 1 out of 3 worlds will have no P2W features at least. And maybe we get get some competition back :)
UK19 has looked pretty decent so i have rejoined that world. But at the rate UK TW is falling i don't think there will be anymore worlds for me... TW2 coming out and being advertised everywhere is going to cause an even bigger downfall to what i thought was the greatest browser game of all time!

DeletedUser13240

Your so right about w16. Apart from w12 and w13, that was my favourite world. And by far the most challenging UK world ever, no world will match it except maybe 19 as like you said it looks decent. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't quit w16 (quit because of HOLY!) because loads of my old allies from the coalition still play :mad:.

DeletedUser

Your so right about w16. Apart from w12 and w13, that was my favourite world. And by far the most challenging UK world ever, no world will match it except maybe 19 as like you said it looks decent. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't quit w16 (quit because of HOLY!) because loads of my old allies from the coalition still play :mad:.

Who were you IG? UK19 looks good. Better settings than UK16. But seems to lack the tribal competitiveness UK16 has had since the beginning, it just seems like there is not much fighting, just only cheap easy methods to grow accounts. It has potential if everyone wants to have a little go at playing a war game. UK16 is pretty dead atm, but there will be a great war to finish it :D

DeletedUser13240

I was fidel, but changed account to Erich Hartmann. I led TEOD! in the coalition which had almost all the big tribes against A.F.A. The coalition fell once my tribe merged into ROMA and I went solo. Shout out to anyone who remembers TEOD! and myself, and Domod (my second in command).

DeletedUser13240

Yes I know. I knew that would come back to haunt me :icon_rolleyes:. TEOD! and the tribe I was in with LINGS was my best. ROMA was a complete mess. It wasn't even my choice to merge into ROMA even tho I was duke.

DeletedUser13240

I think the w16 forum needs a timeline to tell of its story... Only person who could write the history is Spursalltheway as he was one of the first who joined w16 and probably the only one who has stayed throughout everything.

DeletedUser10033

A few names there i seem to know. But in all honesty not the competition i had expected.
As i am ranked too high for my skill set.