Barbarian Villages

DeletedUser

Quick Question:
Barbarian villages often have hiding places.
Do the hiding places "work" in these villages?
Are the resources disclosed by Scouts the "farmable" resources or must I deduct the amount which will end up in the hiding place?
Les the Curious.

PS I just want to understand how much effort I need to make to pick up the goods!

DeletedUser1508

Quick Question:
Barbarian villages often have hiding places.
Do the hiding places "work" in these villages?
Are the resources disclosed by Scouts the "farmable" resources or must I deduct the amount which will end up in the hiding place?
Les the Curious.

PS I just want to understand how much effort I need to make to pick up the goods!

Resources scouted by your scouts are Total Resources minus Hiding Place.

So if they are in the hiding place, they can't be scouted. You want to send enough troops to take everything you see + what the village will produce in the time it takes you to get there.

DeletedUser14

If you are doing calculations on how much troops you need to send to pick up resources I recommend you have a look at a Scout Report evaluator, it is a script which does all the math for you in the time it takes to click a button, and tells you how many troops to send:)

You can find them in the scripts section of these forums, you will find the actually script in this thread:icon_wink:
You can get me on skype if you need help to understand how to use them.

DeletedUser

Thank you fluffy88 and Reduaram.
When I first joined I was against scripts, but....I kind of see the point(s)! now.
I have rather a large mobile farming force and firing off *alot* of farming attacks takes time especially if I do them 3+ times per day.
My questions about resource problems... well... I'm raking in quite a bit you can tell.
I will investigate and attempt to improve my game play.
I don't have skype but I might be tempted to invest in it.
On a completely different note, fluffy88, why does your avatar look like a "reject" from the (relatively) recent nescafe advert (set in the 70's)?
Les

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14

I don't have skype but I might be tempted to invest in it.
On a completely different note, fluffy88, why does your avatar look like a "reject" from the (relatively) recent nescafe advert (set in the 70's)?
Les
I have never seen that ad, but I got that avatar from a tribe of mine on .net and I liked it:)

And you dont need to 'invest' in skype, its completely free, just download, install and create an account, all free.
I would recommend you get your tribe to use it too, its very useful for communication and the like.

DeletedUser

U wont actually need a headset, microphone and all that malarkey, no-one uses them, we just use text conversations

Get yourself on skype, you will see what i mean

DeletedUser

Understood. Will try it out this evening. Busy reading - 28 pages to be precise!
Les

DeletedUser

Skype is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame, the only thing it has over IRC is that it isn't dead quiet :S.

DeletedUser14

Skype is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame, the only thing it has over IRC is that it isn't dead quiet :S.
Also it tells you when someone talks, which is pretty nice to have.
And I know IRC can do it too, but I was using mibbit to login to the tw chat rooms, but then it was banned so I could no longer use it, and irc2go doesnt have anything like that.

Im not saying skype is the best option for people to use, but it is by far the most common program used here tribalwars.

DeletedUser

You speak the truth. Opera has inbuilt IRC, and mIRC is good.. it's just about finding the right client.

I must admit skype is more attractive though..

DeletedUser

I have to admit defeat with this resource problem.
It is impossible to upgrade everything fast enough to keep pace with the resources pouring into my village.
Let's just say it was in excess of 300k including village production.
Farms and warehouse space just cannot keep up with the LC farming squadrons.
This means that I fill up the barracks and stable queues and exhaust the population slots given by the farm upgrades long before I can get the warehouse and farm upgrades completed. Even spending time increasing the HQ, Stables and Barracks levels for 2 days hasn't made a real dent into the problem.
I will have to play slower for a week in order to restore the balance.
However, my growth spurt has allowed me to catch up with people who started some time before I did.
And the worst part is even with premium I can't stack enough resources into the HQ build queue.
The only benefit I get from farming at present is that it deprives others of the use of those resources, even if I can't use them myself.
Les

DeletedUser

Basically, I'm upgrading from WH(20) to WH(25) within the next 24 hours which will see me through to FM(30).
The biggest problem was having to schedule WH and FM builds in between BA/ST/HQ/SM builds - just not enough time.
Considering the rate at which I am able to accumulate resources upgrading WH(25) to WH(30) may be necessary as a stockpile to ensure quick building of the academy and nobles. 400k x 3 in storage sounds good.
Basically, I was upgrading the farm around +FM(1) per day but the time-to-complete is really beginning to clog up the build schedule.
The ST and BA queues are nice in that you can schedule as much as you like in them but I always hit the farm population limit within 24 hours.
Obviously this will be more difficult in the future.
And the worst thing is my HQ/BA/ST/SM aren't small either.
I've used every technique to "store" resources in the form of buildings and military units in the build queues, research in the research queues and swapping resources to balance TI/CL/IR in the market place. The only way to sort this out is time - I figure around 1 week.
Note: Considering a village can produce 170k resources and I could pull in 250k resources = 420k resources per day, what will there be left except coins and military unit replacements?
Les

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1508

In that case, as The Revenant says, you are probably best to rush straight to academy. Then you will be able to store resources infinitely.

DeletedUser

I think its best to chalk this one down to experience mate, next time round ur village planning will be much better

DeletedUser

This goes against all I have read about steadily building things up and not going in for early nobling as it could leave one dangerously exposed.
However, if I fill up all the farm population slots with AX and LC, there will be plenty of others around in a much less developed and more easily swallowable state.
Maybe it is just the world I am on and the strategy I adopted suited the world.
Les

DeletedUser1508

Building an academy does not mean that you have to noble right away. You can just store coins (you will need them all eventually) and continue with your current building. Anyway, a train does take quite a while to build. You may find that by the time you have all four nobles, your village has processed to a decent level.