Barbarian Villages

DeletedUser

The End

I think its best to chalk this one down to experience mate, next time round ur village planning will be much better

Yes! I can do F*** A** about it now! Last night I was frantically juggling resources unwilling to pay a 96% penalty to stack another build, my WH was almost full yet the solution - another FM build couldn't be done because the WH needed to be larger and the FM build was already in progress. All I could do was stack WH builds and I didn't want to pay a 50k penalty.

But it's not like I have done anything really badly wrong. Even if I bumped the HQ up to the max I'd still only get another 10% or so reduction in build times. The ONLY way I could balance the village better is by taking in LESS resources. In other words building less LC and farming less. But that still would not address the issue that the limit to growth is the speed of the HQ queue which dramatically slows down in time because higher level builds take longer. My barracks and HQ work 24/7 and are queued + 2 days. The only reason why my stable is queued is that I have enough LC to blanket farm an enormous area.

However, my failings were:-

1 Not anticipating that I would end up with a resource surplus - I should have used the WO/CL/IR resource builds for HQ/ST and BA builds. Not just some of them - all of them. None of my resource builds have helps - I could have stolen the lot or switched to coreward farming more Barbarian villages sooner.
2 Not ensuring that MA always kept pace with the requirement to balance resources - critical when the WH is getting almost full.
3 Not ensuring that FM was built in time to allow continuous military builds.

Of course, it's not ideal, but it's not too bad either.

Les

PS Thanks for all the comments from the Usual Suspects.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1508

Yeah, that sounds better. Just think though, at least you are having a resource surplus instead of a resource shortage. Many people have that problem :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Yes, there is that point!
My LC farming squadrons would mutiny if they realised that a chunk of what they gathered was simply being chucked away.
Les