Barbs or Player????? That is the question

DeletedUser

Start date 24/10 so you started 4 days later than me.
Looted 37mill
plundered 22,743

Mine is really bad to what it should be as i quit and made a come back.

Yes, true. Also slows down when all your troops are out nobling.

DeletedUser

I think the argument that players nobling barbarians are noob is a complete dumbfounded argument.

I would go into a paragraph of the matter, but I am lazy. All I can say is that perhaps people should think out all the factors involving barbarian nobling before moving to say "lolz they suck".

Another annoying thing is the inability for the larger, farming player, who does not like his farms being nobled, not being able to rim these inferior players because of morale. Morale really has to be removed to compensate for noobs and their barb-nobling practises.

I concur. Morale, factor of points difference and luck make the game so much easier for players who simply cannot play. No, this has nothing to do with the nobling barbarian argument... However, if Innogames incorporated less friendly playing rules such as morale, perhaps these players would learn how to play better, and thus, everyone has more fun, as this is a war game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Looted 15.3K
Plundered 3K vills

Sorry, I am SERIOUSLY confused.
In nearly a month you have only hauled 15.300 Resources? If so, that alone is disgracefull, heck that isn't possible, unless you farm empty barbarians?

I'm praying that is a typo?

DeletedUser

In nearly a month you have only hauled 15.300 Resources? If so, that alone is disgracefull, heck that isn't possible, unless you farm empty barbarians?

15 million not 15k

DeletedUser

But how much do you haul? When I say decent farming, I'm talking about being competitive enough to achieve plunderer of the day, and highest amount of resources hauled in a day etc...

As I have said many many times, plunderer of the day is one award I will never get, but I am always up there in the resources hauled department.

P.S. Morale is a bitch.

DeletedUser

Yes, typo and its 17Mio now Hard to really bring in anything with troops out all day.

DeletedUser

Most people don't noble with LC unless it's absolutely necessary. So that's a bit of an excuse.

DeletedUser

If you a poor player, that nobles barbs, then your a poor barb nobling player.

If your a decent player, that nobles barbs, then your a decent barb nobling player.

My point being, that it is not a player defining attribute, that as one nobles barbs, one is automatically a noob.

I have seen a single player noble every barb in sight, and annihilate the top 2 tribes assaulting him, with sniping, stacking and backtiming.
I have seen a small 1 continent tribe, with almost not a single barb in their home K, attack and defeat a tribe that was about 6 times it size that contained some of the best players on that world.

Both strategies depend on how you want to play your game. A good player that nobles barbs, very often does not just noble barbs - they will noble enemies villages also.

A village is a village, that can be filled with troops and used effectively, regardless of the previous owner or lack thereof. A poor player will not use any village effectively.
I totally agree with this - bottom line: more villas = more troops. Then it's how you use them :)

I always get shouted down (for saying this sort of thing) by players who know this game better than I, but it makes sense. The golden rule (as so often) is that there is no golden rule

DeletedUser

just found out that barbs apparently have full research levels if over a certain size (okay, so i'm slow on the uptake) but that's suddenly changed my whole perspective on barb nobling on this world... and rather ruined it for me too.

i like the merge of old and new in this world, but why did they have to let barbs research to level 10? :icon_sad:

DeletedUser8468

I agree the barb research at level 10 is a major flaw in the design of this world in my opinion. It gives a further massive advantage to nobling a barb above a player. As if there weren't enough already.

I had a player restart today after my lazy noble left him at 5 loyalty and when I conquered a barb he left behind there was no lvl10 techs for me to enjoy :icon_cry:

DeletedUser8385

I agree the barb research at level 10 is a major flaw in the design of this world in my opinion. It gives a further massive advantage to nobling a barb above a player. As if there weren't enough already.

I had a player restart today after my lazy noble left him at 5 loyalty and when I conquered a barb he left behind there was no lvl10 techs for me to enjoy :icon_cry:

barbs still build and research in real time (ie) the time it takes to build the building or research the tech at that level of hq/ smithy, they can just do it without needing resources.

DeletedUser

one of the answers would to be making the tribe member limit 10 or summit low as looking at gold thats 4 good tribes in one world already not just one dominant tribe :)

this brings more tribes with the v good players in it which proposes more of a challenge for the better players

also as you won't be able to mass recruit like a lot of these noob tribes (as you pros call it cuz i is noob) so the noobs will then possibly think more about attacking enemy players as there is more of them around!!! also to stop family tribes make a limit on the amount of alliances and naps 1 tribe can have

down side to this though is you will get less people being taught how to play :(

DeletedUser8385

^ dont need to mark alliance to family, need no outside support and make it so you cant support your new tribe or be supported by them for a week after hopping ship :)

DeletedUser

However it is very anoying when a player restarts just before you noble them so it looks as if you have nobled a barb village.

Although I suppose the corresponding ODA jump kind of backs you up.:mad:

DeletedUser8385

as for barbs v player i take mostly player but if its this early, nukes are rebuilding and my sre shows me a village as big as my neighbors without 40% morale and built up well, im going to take that while nukes rebuild then go for the further away player villages when they are.

DeletedUser5244

ODA ftw...imo the only time a barb should be nobled is in church worlds :eek: