Best Troops for Attack

DeletedUser

Have got a few questions.

Want to know the best troops and quantity of troops to be most effective at attacking early in the game around 1000pts? Then same question again except when i am on high points? Have heard about nukes but what do they consist of?

DeletedUser

A basic nuke could be any ratio of Axes:Light Cav with perhaps 213 - 250 Rams depending when in the game you are playing.
On Archer worlds you can use about 200 - 300 MA to take out there archers too but the main difference in nukes is between Axes:LC ratio.
I use around 7k Axes and 2.8k Light cav, 250 Rams, 250 MA.
Some people use 6k Axe, 3k LC, 213 Rams, 200 MA.

It's all personal choice but I hope I helped ; )

DeletedUser7217

A basic nuke could be any ratio of Axes:Light Cav with perhaps 213 - 250 Rams depending when in the game you are playing.
On Archer worlds you can use about 200 - 300 MA to take out there archers too but the main difference in nukes is between Axes:LC ratio.
I use around 7k Axes and 2.8k Light cav, 250 Rams, 250 MA.
Some people use 6k Axe, 3k LC, 213 Rams, 200 MA.

It's all personal choice but I hope I helped ; )

I personally prefer to have a lot of Light Cavalary (LC at 1k points, to farm a lot and they are great offensive troops. Axes are also important. Rams hit the wall to decrease the amount of damage done to your troops, and Mounted Archers (MA) are used to kill off any archer only defenses.

Hope this helped

DeletedUser

Yeah, at 1k points maybe have around the 500 mark for LC.
Maybe 1000 + Axes and about 50 Rams depending on how high the walls of the people your clearing are.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Yeah, at 1k points maybe have around the 500 mark for LC.
Maybe 1000 + Axes and about 50 Rams depending on how high the walls of the people your clearing are.

Ratio is too slanted IMO. ie. you should never have 1000+ axes and 500 lc.

DeletedUser

Thanks

Thats great exactly what i needed to know. One more thing whts the view on HC are these only used as defensive units and are they worth having in number??

DeletedUser

Thats great exactly what i needed to know. One more thing whts the view on HC are these only used as defensive units and are they worth having in number??

They are primarily defensive units, I split my villages into defence and offence, and I tend not to use any swords in my defences. Instead I replace the swords with heavy cavalry which are much more fast.

DeletedUser360

As you get later on in the world you tend to build Nukes differnelty in Different Areas. The backline nukes (those not on the frontline of wars) Have a lot more rams to hit stocked villages from long ranged. Close villages have HC instead of LC so you have more options to snipe nobles. In simple tech worlds you can have HC and LC in the same nuke on the frontline. Very different tactics but wait until you're bigger before looking into it.

DeletedUser

I would just like to point out that having a mix of lcav and hcav nukes isn't a very good idea and your post above may have some fundemental flaws.

For example, I would in the backline have a majority if standard nukes for clearing villages, there are only 20 levels of wall at the end of the day and it won't require your entire backline to remove that. I would have perhaps 30 nukes in a 'wall breaker' category that is ram heavy along with the rest being standard nukes. Close/frontline villages often use axe/hcav defines because of the defensive capabilities of the hcav. Never have I seen a axe/lc/hc def village as that over complicates matters. Personally I find that 3K + lcav does a very good job for what will invariably be sniping. At the end of the day it all comes down to preference. My ideal troop count will be different to Nauz's ideal nuke as people are set in their ways. Personal preference is key and it's all about finding yours.

DeletedUser360

You haven't played a type of war world late on. World 12 was mainly won through recruits and eating up the smaller players. No offence to DNY at all they did a great job no matter how they did it. However take for example world 10. We have difficult frontlines. The HC nuke is a tactic used by all frontline players so offence can also defend through sniping nobles.

There may be only 20 levels of wall but when trying to break through defences of 1 mill sp and 1 mill sw 200 rams wont scratch the wall. You need 300 and you need many of those nukes not just 30. You need 500 in that category.

The reason you haven't seen a LC and HC combination is mainly because you have seen worlds with 15 level tech. When you have the simple tech system you can afford to have a mix of troops a lot of newer worlds have simple tech system.

As you said, mainly just on preference but when you have multiple nukes to snipe on the frontline sometimes you need to split HC from the same offensive village whereas if you had LC it wouldn't have been enough to snipe the noble.

DeletedUser

You haven't played a type of war world late on. World 12 was mainly won through recruits and eating up the smaller players. No offense to DNY at all they did a great job no matter how they did it. However take for example world 10. We have difficult front lines. The HC nuke is a tactic used by all front line players so offense can also defend through sniping nobles.

Yes, I think you will find that I have played a war late on. In fact, I have played 2 wars with accounts 3 million points plus. One of them was vs DNY on W12. I will tell you now that you are clearly very misinformed if you think DNY won W12 through recruitment, they didn't. The reason they won was because the core membership group destroyed tribes and recruited their best. Why would you have a tribe on its knees, then munch away on all its villages. Its much more advantageous to recruit their best.

There may be only 20 levels of wall but when trying to break through defenses of 1 mill sp and 1 mill sw 200 rams wont scratch the wall. You need 300 and you need many of those nukes not just 30. You need 500 in that category.

Dude, are you trying to tell me that you've face 1 million spear and sword stacks? Never, on any .net world or .uk world have I heard something so ridiculous. Thats called over stacking, you don't need that much defense in there. The max stacks I have seen are 300K of each and thats the main target village. Give or take a few for luck but that stack can take 45 nukes. You don't need any more troops in there its ridiculous as the defense can be used elsewhere. As for the 500 nukes, I would like to see you have 500+ offensive villages let alone all those being wall breaker. My standard nuke is 300-320 rams setting dependent and I have 700 ram nukes mixed in to take chunks out of the wall, that is a wall breaker nuke. On W12, I had 800 villages. 450 O : 350 D. It was an 8 million point account, I played to the end of W12 for nearly 3 years yet didn't have 500 nukes.

The reason you haven't seen a LC and HC combination is mainly because you have seen worlds with 15 level tech. When you have the simple tech system you can afford to have a mix of troops a lot of newer worlds have simple tech system.

If you actually ask me what worlds I have played, you will find out that I have played every type of tech. W41 I played to 3 million points and that was a 15 tier tech system. I say ax/hc and ax/lc nukes there all the time. However, whilst there I identified that if your sniping, its irrelevant what troop you use, and, by looking into it 3.2K lcav and 1.8-2K hcav are very similar defensively. As I said earlier, what nuke you use is all through personal preference. As for the simple tech worlds, I played W49 and that was simple tech's, again, I didn't see a mix of lcav/hcav there either. The point is, that its stupid. You need strength in numbers. And sniping with 200 hcav and 500 lcav wont do it when people split their trains. You need to make a decision. 500 hcav + or 1000 lcav (numbers taken into account through split train sniping method)

I do hope that answered any questions you had about favorable troop counts.

Personally I use:
Archers: 0,0,6412,50,3000,0,300,25,0
Archers: 0,0,6226,0,51,3000,200,0,250,25,00 [EDIT]

As you can see, its a balanced nuke, that can changed dependent on the situation. Hope it helped.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1508

I do hope that answered any questions you had about favorable troop counts.

Personally I use:
Archers: 0,0,6412,50,3000,0,300,25,0
Archers: 0,0,6226,51,200,3000,0,250,25,0

As you can see, its a balanced nuke, that can changed dependent on the situation. Hope it helped.

I think you got the archer build wrong...

DeletedUser

Archers: 0,0,6226,51,200,3000,0,250,25,0

Sorry about that.

Is the correct. Yes, reduced axes and rams to add in cats and mounted archers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wait are you being serious about 3k MA? because the order of troops is Spears, Swords, Axes , Archers, Scouts, LC , MA , HC, Rams, Cats, Nobles

DeletedUser

Corrected, and hell no! 3K mounted archers is just a foolish idea. I just got confused on the order, archer worlds usually aren't my scene.