BOT Prevention is Overboard

DeletedUser

Is it me, or is the noobery of BOT protection driving anyone else crazzzzzzzy! I have never gotten so many BOT protection interruptions in my TW life. If it continues at this rate, the timing of attacks will become effected when nobles (for the rest of us besides Ruffus) are introduced. Frustrating.

Rant over

Did I mention I hate the BOT protection ? :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser9129

It seems to be very common on all worlds (I know this from .net by the way, may be different here) at the starting stages and by the time there are many nobles it is very uncommon to get it so its very unlikely it will affect you when nobles are introduced.

DeletedUser

I was just about to start a thread on this!

On W7 (me and my co-player keep a tally for teh lolz after an arguement about it) and to this day - within rank 50 so a very active player - there has only been 14 bot protection moments.

On W8 my account has has 19 after this sort time.

How on W8 have I got a similar number of Bot Prot after a few weeks in what's over 6 months of play time on W7?

DeletedUser8202

ive had it come up around 8-9 times all in all on world 8

DeletedUser

I believe I got it 10 or so times while I played. Which was basically to 500 points. Why? Because you farm and click a lot.

DeletedUser1410

Is it me, or is the noobery of BOT protection driving anyone else crazzzzzzzy! I have never gotten so many BOT protection interruptions in my TW life. If it continues at this rate, the timing of attacks will become effected when nobles (for the rest of us besides Ruffus) are introduced. Frustrating.

Rant over

Did I mention I hate the BOT protection ? :icon_biggrin:

Firstly why bring me into this lol
Second I get it atleast once a day

DeletedUser

I've gotten it like 100s of times, but hey when you farm 500k on a lazy day what do you expect?

Triarii2D

Reaction score
I get it more on uk3(when mass launching fakes) I find, but here it does pop up a lot when farming also

DeletedUser1410

I'm sorry but I've had this 4 times today alone on W8
To the MODS there must be another way to do this because this is doing my head in

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6446

Ok, now i feel like a lazy retard for just having it about 10 times yet.
But still. Annoying it is, retard or not.

DeletedUser

Firstly why bring me into this lol
Second I get it atleast once a day

Well, Ruffus, if you are going to be the first to educate nobles and then the first to use them....lol....you get the exception :icon_eek:

The rest of us are mere TW mortals...lmao

DeletedUser

Well, Ruffus, if you are going to be the first to educate nobles and then the first to use them....lol....you get the exception :icon_eek:

The rest of us are mere TW mortals...lmao

Ruffus is an exceptional player but don't feed he's ego lolol

DeletedUser1410

lol I don't have an ego either? I help when asked don't flame much.....and always like the challenge of a new world

DeletedUser

lol I don't have an ego either? I help when asked don't flame much.....and always like the challenge of a new world

I know... keep it that way your a sound geezer :p

On topic that BOT prevention is driving me crazy especially on UK7... not as bad on this world although still a bit much :'/

DeletedUser

I get it a hell of a lot I have to say. I'm getting it a few times every day.

DeletedUser7851

Yeah, this isn't exactly my favourite bot prevention method but I can see why it is in place. I just think that frequency of the bots should be reduced or maybe should only appear if you're online for more than a hour in one go? Just an idea.

DeletedUser8815

Yeah, this isn't exactly my favourite bot prevention method but I can see why it is in place. I just think that frequency of the bots should be reduced or maybe should only appear if you're online for more than a hour in one go? Just an idea.

that would not work, as some bots, so i am told log on send attacks then log off again straight away. A better way of doing bot protection would be if more than 10 attacks are sent in 10 seconds.

DeletedUser

Just a quick question, but wouldn't it be technically possible for a bot to be programmed so that when a bot protection does come up, it alerts the user, to type it in, then continues botting...

:icon_confused: