BOT Prevention is Overboard

DeletedUser

Just a quick question, but wouldn't it be technically possible for a bot to be programmed so that when a bot protection does come up, it alerts the user, to type it in, then continues botting...

:icon_confused:

that requires the user being there.

DeletedUser7851

Overall though this is a game that takes time, I'm not saying bots won't give a player advantage but most players usually will send things to farm/build without too much work and they probably would do just as well as players with bots. This was never a problem before and we never had a player (for example on top of the world) when they used bots.

DeletedUser

Yup i get hit couple times a day =( infuriating especially when bookmark farming and half the pages opened are bot protected >.< and am sure that some people are using bots and that this has done nothing whatsoever to prevent or deter it xD Theres always gna be players that are gna be a step ahead of the tw techies! :p

DeletedUser5582

Overall though this is a game that takes time, I'm not saying bots won't give a player advantage but most players usually will send things to farm/build without too much work and they probably would do just as well as players with bots. This was never a problem before and we never had a player (for example on top of the world) when they used bots.

Think we have had players gain Rank 1 (and gloat about it) who were using bots who have now been banned. More importantly though is those players who achieve high rank and get smeared by others insinuating that only there because they have used bots.

We need to make sure TW is fair to all and that those that gain the higher ranks are known to have done so through their own efforts (and their co's :icon_biggrin:) Bot checks are a pain (can we not have the number input after the attacks have gone out to save those snipes or timing of nukes/support) but necessary until those cheating give up?

For me found it amazing that folk knew some were cheating but did nothing to report them? That was the saddest thing about this as now all of us pay the price for the few idiots out there cheating.

DeletedUser7851

Think we have had players gain Rank 1 (and gloat about it) who were using bots who have now been banned. More importantly though is those players who achieve high rank and get smeared by others insinuating that only there because they have used bots.

We need to make sure TW is fair to all and that those that gain the higher ranks are known to have done so through their own efforts (and their co's :icon_biggrin:) Bot checks are a pain (can we not have the number input after the attacks have gone out to save those snipes or timing of nukes/support) but necessary until those cheating give up?

For me found it amazing that folk knew some were cheating but did nothing to report them? That was the saddest thing about this as now all of us pay the price for the few idiots out there cheating.

Yeah I completely agree with you. I see that the protections are in place to help non cheating players like ourselves and I'm sure the TW team have thought hard about it but it just comes to say that it's a pain however like most things; i'm sure we will grow used to it as we always do. Things change and we just have to get on the bandwagon.

DeletedUser

It can be a blag

but suppose it is there to help us out so i can deal with ( for now :p )

DeletedUser282

Lots of bot protection beats lots of players using bots any day. Doesn't take up too much time. (I don't really care about it as on .net speed it used to come up about once every 5 mins.)

DeletedUser2722

I don't agree with bots being made legal on any server, however, I
cannot really see how botting can be stopped.

The bot protection, in my view, only affects the innocent members
who are playing the game fairly, whilst the players who use bots
continue to bot because...

... the real botters have had ways to get around the bot protection
since it was introduced, thus have never been affected.

--Abdo--

DeletedUser

I read the Developers Blog and it appears we may have relief. Looks like an update may be coming that will reduce the bot interruptions after several fast and successful verifications from the player. Thank the Lord :)

DeletedUser

I read the Developers Blog and it appears we may have relief. Looks like an update may be coming that will reduce the bot interruptions after several fast and successful verifications from the player. Thank the Lord :)

correct, the bot protection is a necessary evil , however it is being tweaked. ;-) i see you get everywhere No noobery

DeletedUser

Tbh it hasnt bothered me that much, since av joined av only had about 4-5 Bot protection notices, the way everyone was going on about it I thought it would be worse.

DeletedUser7851

Tbh it hasnt bothered me that much, since av joined av only had about 4-5 Bot protection notices, the way everyone was going on about it I thought it would be worse.

Quite lucky then there mate :L
I've had quite a few so far...

DeletedUser

slowing down now, however, incredibly annoying.bot checks 4-5 times per day. Get up in the morning send two farm attacks, bot check. start a few resends; bot check. Totally over board imho

DeletedUser

slowing down now, however, incredibly annoying.bot checks 4-5 times per day. Get up in the morning send two farm attacks, bot check. start a few resends; bot check. Totally over board imho

It doesn't really affect gameplay this early on IMO - sure if it comes up 5 times a day then it's gonna be a slight irritation, but it's nowhere near as bad as when you have a few hundred (or a few thousand) villages and you are faking or res balancing and it stops a hundred tabs from continuing - then it is annoying :lol: