Cant farm my regular donors

DeletedUser

Just tried to farm 3 of my my regular donors, who I have been farming for the last 3 weeks, sometimes twice daily to get this message:

"Until dd.mm. hh:mm, the target can only attack or be attacked, if the relation of points between attacker and defender is no more than 20."

Is this just me, what affords them this "special protection", it seems silly, and its gonna be here for a while if its right its gonna suck one was producing 10k of all resources per day..

DeletedUser

It's the settings of this world.

If you've got 20 times the defenders points in the defender first 60 days, you can't attack him. Happened to everyone at some stage.

Hope that maked sense.

Oh, and post in the Questions section next time :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser2765

It does afford a bit of extra protection. But it is a setting in the world, if you don't like it then wait for a world that doesn't have it. You can check to see if a world has that setting Here.

Its at the bottom of the Settings Table.

Anyway, moved this thread to the Question section.

PS. I agree that it is a silly setting, but innogames likes to offer more protection for the noobs to help them grow/experience the game. Its good for business, ya know. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser2243

Takes the mick sometimes. -.- cant Farm because of it D:<

Unless barb heaven like mine :D

DeletedUser

It is exactly as the message says. Why do you need a translator? :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Maybe he wasn't sure of what it meant? A lot of players have asked this question.

DeletedUser

.........It's pretty straightforward.

Even so, if they are THAT inactive, they will likely be gray soon.

DeletedUser2765

His question is actually asking if you think the rule is silly like he does.

DeletedUser

It is a silly rule, like Alex said if you have 20 times someone's points and you are farming them then are most likely to be inactive, although said farm was producing 10k of each resource per day so that begs a different question.

DeletedUser

I think the rule's a fairly good idea to prevent massive players unstoppably crushing new players, but it could do with some alterations for weaker members. Maybe it might not take affect until the smaller village is at 500 points (just an example to illustrate my point)? That way anyone can farm villages under 500 points, but once they reach 500 points (which they'd have to be active to reach) the 20:1 rule applies.

Or perhaps it could be the other way around, the rule doesn't take affect until the larger player reaches a certain amount of points. For example, the rule might only come into play once the larger player reaches 10k. Before they reach 10k they can attack anyone, but once they reach it they can only attack people with at least 1/20th of their points. By that time the inactives near them will have gone barb.

DeletedUser2765

I think the rule's a fairly good idea to prevent massive players unstoppably crushing new players, but it could do with some alterations for weaker members. Maybe it might not take affect until the smaller village is at 500 points (just an example to illustrate my point)? That way anyone can farm villages under 500 points, but once they reach 500 points (which they'd have to be active to reach) the 20:1 rule applies.

Or perhaps it could be the other way around, the rule doesn't take affect until the larger player reaches a certain amount of points. For example, the rule might only come into play once the larger player reaches 10k. Before they reach 10k they can attack anyone, but once they reach it they can only attack people with at least 1/20th of their points. By that time the inactives near them will have gone barb.

I disagree with the rule. What I think its mainly there for, is to stop big player expanding to the rim. I mean if you think about it, if you launch 4 nukes and a train at a newb with a 5k village, 120 hours away.... It doesn't matter what that newb is going to get as far as support goes, he's screwed.

Which is fair, I don't mind that.

What I do mind, is active players losing good farms. Sorry, but if the relations becomes 20:1 in points, then the player is never going to make a come back. And if he/she does, once they breach the 20:1 point threshold, then the big player can attack again. Thus defeating the whole purpose of the rule.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When it comes to noob and newb I think CAD got it about right, so long as you don't drown in the speech bubbles.

But back to the topic, I still think the rule's a good idea even if only in theory. At worst it has the potential to be improved, or to be scrapped and replaced with a similar rule which doesn't have these problems.

DeletedUser

Well to be honest... Its good that if they are inactive you must wait 30 days loong time yes. But only half the time than if they were active... I agree with the rule but personally i would have it no longer than 20 days, i mean soo much beginner protection, if they are so new, why not join the newist world...they dont understand the settings

DeletedUser

The rule isn't there to save the inactives, it's there so the bigger, older players won't attack with a little, newer and defenceless player.

And W2 opened up when W1 was about to get full, so these players had no choice but to join W1.

This rule is pretty much a bullet proof morale.

DeletedUser2765

The rule isn't there to save the inactives, it's there so the bigger, older players won't attack with a little, newer and defenceless player.

And W2 opened up when W1 was about to get full, so these players had no choice but to join W1.

This rule is pretty much a bullet proof morale.

Which sucks. I've lost 1/4th of my farms on world 2. :icon_cry:

DeletedUser3243

so, for instance : there's a player next to me with 126 points and he stays like that forever. in 2011 he will still be next to me with 126 points? what a stupid rule :(

DeletedUser

No, the rule only lasts for the defender's first 60 days in the world. On their 61st day in the world they lose the protection of this rule and anybody can attack them, regardless of their size.

DeletedUser3243

No, the rule only lasts for the defender's first 60 days in the world. On their 61st day in the world they lose the protection of this rule and anybody can attack them, regardless of their size.

ok, thx :)

DeletedUser

Also in most worlds, if not all, the players' villages turn into barbarian Villages when the player has been inactive for 2/3 weeks, unless he has Premium, then he will turn Barbarian when the Premium ends.