co-op accounts

DeletedUser8577

Bots do menial tasks automatically, constantly, and mathematically. Give an account 10 players, 24/7 activity (which very, very few accounts actually have), and a great area, and grants farming bot will beat them hands down, every time.
(this is because grants bot has TWFR built into it, as well as a few other cool little tools, so that it farms massive areas mathematically, and fast)

Who is grant?

DeletedUser

thats why you have account sitters because if you are online for 12 and off for 12 hours you can get a sitter for the other 12 hours

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Bots do menial tasks automatically, constantly, and mathematically. Give an account 10 players, 24/7 activity (which very, very few accounts actually have), and a great area, and grants farming bot will beat them hands down, every time.
(this is because grants bot has TWFR built into it, as well as a few other cool little tools, so that it farms massive areas mathematically, and fast)

Mmm, I can farm manually and outfarm anyone I've ever known who used TWFR. It's not nearly as efficient as people think it is. Mostly because it rounds up the number of troops to send, and I round down.

DeletedUser

lol. im pretty sure hes gone now, just a silly little boy who cant take being defeated like a man. if he had stayed longer he would have found another hundred reasons to spit and moan, i like to think i would be one of them but oh well.

DeletedUser

thats why you have account sitters because if you are online for 12 and off for 12 hours you can get a sitter for the other 12 hours

Pointless unless they are defending incomming. After 2 months, the account reaches a stage of been 'oversat' where no actions can take place externally. The account can only support and attack itself, no other villages at all.

DeletedUser8815

not true, account sitting is for when you are on holiday not for overnight watching

DeletedUser8815

lol. im pretty sure hes gone now, just a silly little boy who cant take being defeated like a man. if he had stayed longer he would have found another hundred reasons to spit and moan, i like to think i would be one of them but oh well.

Can no-one see his point?

The game is designed for 1 player per account, don't say it is not, it is. You can only register one email to the account and can only be logged on from one location at a time.

Now if others want to share accounts, isn't it a bit like murray playing federer at tennis, then halfway through nadal joins murray and together they beat federer, fair or not? but doubles in tennis is perfectly legal.

Come on TW, isn't it time you made a world where you can only play from one ip address or for a fixed number of hours per day? and yes i know some have variable ip addresses and would not be able to play, but at least most would and the coplay fans can go play another world ie tennis doubles tournament in a world designed for them.

I can honestly say that i know not of any sport in any part of the world where the number of players per team is not restricted.

DeletedUser8815

The person I coplay usually + me averages around 16 hours if lucky. What you do not understand is not everyone can play all day. But, everyone can get a co-player. That's balance.

how many hours a day do you think the average single player gets to play, I can assure you it is a lot less than 16 and you claim that having a coplayer enabling you to play a mere 16 hours a day does not give you a huge advantage against players who prefer to play alone?

It has got to the stage that tw is really a doubles game, cos without a coplayer you have very little chance on reaching the high ranks. In the same way that when drugs were rife in athletics, to win a gold medal you had to take drugs too. Fortunately athletics have cleaned up their act isn't it about time tw did?

Did you know that the number of players playing tw is getting less and less every month.....this is one of the reasons why that is so. Players just don't want to compete against coplayed accounts.

Bet if you play online chess, you use a computer program to give you an advantage and make you look like a good player.

DeletedUser

I don't think you should tarnish all coplaying with the same brush.

I can see your point that its annoying that some top ranked players have coplayers allowing them to have round the clock activity so they can dominat, but thats only a minority. There are people coplaying much lower down the ranks who perhaps don't have the time to just sit at a computer all day or just play it casually as a game (not as a competitive sport as some people seem to perceive it)

DeletedUser

*copied from another post I made on the subject

Would like to just say, maybe I'm understanding some of the points wrong, but seems that some are getting confused on the idea of co-played accounts. I saw a few posts comparing it to sports, which can be done, but is being compared wrong. I think I saw one about a tennis match, where it was said that one player vs another, then a second (coplayer) comes on and it's 2 vs 1 which isn't the case with tribal wars. When you have a coplayer, only 1 person plays at a time. Just like with ANY sport, there are a team of substitutes, that RELIEVE the other play, not come in and play along side them at the same time.

If a game/sport can have the potential for long hours of play, as tw does, it wouldn't be as productive to do it all yourself, unless you can do it all yourself. Since TW is open 24 hours a day, it's only logical and ideal to have co-players (substitutes) to help with the burden of 24 hour gameplay. I personally don't really co-play, would rather do it myself, but having an account that has co-players or is active 24 hours a day isn't against any rules at all. As said before it would actually be ideal to find yourself a coplayer to relieve you of your off-time. It's only an issue as with any sport, illegal to have them playing at the same time, such as soccer, football, basketball, hockey, ect., it is a penalty and in TW's case bannable to have co-players(substitutes) on the field at the SAME TIME, not if it's just switching out/relieving.

DeletedUser

I hate it when people use coplayers as an excuse as to why they can't do better than the,.

If you claim that coplayers are unfair as they give an 'activity advantage', then that unlevel playing field remains. Some people just have more/less time than others, due to their age or occupation. People are on for different amounts of time and if activity is such an 'advantage', then, for example, the player who can access TW from his job has the 'advantage' over the student studying in university. Setting a fixed amount of hours you can only log in at still 'disadvantages' the players who can't be on for those fixed amount of hours. The only other option to level the playing field is to let people access the full 24 hours, so everyone has the opportunity to use the full 24 hours. While this results people sitting infront of the computer all day, setting alarms along the night to gain the full benefits of the 24 hours, you can take the alternative and use a coplayer to gain most of those 24 hours, just like everybody else. Usually, you can't control your real life times. You can choose to use a coplayer.

Instead of hating on the players who choose to have a life, get a coplayer yourself if you think it's such a big advantage. :icon_wink:

The game is designed for 1 player per account, don't say it is not, it is. You can only register one email to the account and can only be logged on from one location at a time.

Um, no it's not. Besides from coplaying, account sitting is a feature coded in to the game which kind of contradicts "1 player per account" :icon_rolleyes: .

Now if others want to share accounts, isn't it a bit like murray playing federer at tennis, then halfway through nadal joins murray and together they beat federer, fair or not? but doubles in tennis is perfectly legal.

You'd be deluded if you actually thought you could compare sports with TW; refer to jp's post. They don't play at the same time and if you still have a problem, I don't see you complaining about account sitting.

Come on TW, isn't it time you made a world where you can only play from one ip address or for a fixed number of hours per day? and yes i know some have variable ip addresses and would not be able to play, but at least most would and the coplay fans can go play another world ie tennis doubles tournament in a world designed for them.

That's been discussed several times over and it's just not feasible. It is actually a large number of people who have a dynamic IP address or access TW from different locations. The feature for a fixed number of hours already exists; sleep mode which is used in speed rounds. However, in a normal world, how many hours do you think we should be on? 12 hours? Disadvantages people who can't be on that much. 6 hours? Disadvantages people who can't be on that much. 2 hours? Why play at all. Jamm put forward an interesting suggestion on .net which was aimed at reducing the effects of farming which would require less activity; see here.

I can honestly say that i know not of any sport in any part of the world where the number of players per team is not restricted.

Since when did TW become a sport? :lol:

how many hours a day do you think the average single player gets to play, I can assure you it is a lot less than 16 and you claim that having a coplayer enabling you to play a mere 16 hours a day does not give you a huge advantage against players who prefer to play alone?

If you're basing it on averages, you shouldn't be complaining about coplayers. You should be able to do average on worlds even if other people are coplaying. But that's not the point is it? You want to compete for the highest ranks and the highest online times are past 16 hours. Cory and I average 16 hours on weekends, 12 hours on most days. It gives us an advantage to the poor sap like me who can only be on at maximum for 5-6 hours, but still not comparable to the people who are on ~18 hours a day. Funny know that we still do better than people like that?

It has got to the stage that tw is really a doubles game, cos without a coplayer you have very little chance on reaching the high ranks. In the same way that when drugs were rife in athletics, to win a gold medal you had to take drugs too. Fortunately athletics have cleaned up their act isn't it about time tw did?

Coplaying has nothing to do with it. The opportunity to log in over a large period of time is the benefit of coplaying. Using sitters or having no life accomplishes the same thing. Referring to sports again? Straw man much?

Did you know that the number of players playing tw is getting less and less every month.....this is one of the reasons why that is so. Players just don't want to compete against coplayed accounts.

Well done on pulling a statement from your arse. I bet it's probably the other way around. From my experience, several people who co-play wouldn't play TW solo as they just don't have the time for it.

Bet if you play online chess, you use a computer program to give you an advantage and make you look like a good player.

Wait, what? Are you talking about bots now or just trying to distract people. o_O

Not targetting you personally Locutas, but you seem to be the only person spouting *nonsense* about coplaying in this thread ^_^.

Another thing to note is coplaying just isn't used to gain more activity. For example, most of you should know about W56, designed so it doesn't require much activity. I coplay with Cory there. Playing solo would not effect my performance at all. I do so simply because it's more fun. Coplaying forms a bond between the players which are much stronger than that of tribemates. The social aspect of the game is probably the most enjoyable.

Edit: This post seems way too long. :/ For those who are going to go tldr; Instead of complaining about coplayers, get them yourslves.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8815

Sorry AP, i am not gonna strain my eyes trying to read your font/colour choices. If you want me to read it please repost in standard font, otherwise it all goes unread.

DeletedUser

Oh please, I know single players who can play 16 hours a day easily. What you don't understand is without a coplayer, it is a game of timezones and luck. You say it's not fair to play against coplayed accounts, well it's not fair to be cleared by a player just because he lives in India.

I disagree, coplaying does not decrease the players. Players are decreasing because the game is getting boring. It's old as far as a browser game goes, and it's been played over, and over, and over. One of the biggest attractions to this game is the community. Coplaying makes the game funner because you can share the good and bad with another player.

DeletedUser6695

Co playing is awesome, you get to play with people and learn new strategies and see how top players play( Tis how i learned most of what I knoW .j0sh <3 )

DeletedUser8815

awesome? funnier? oh sure for the coplayers, but what about the ones who don't coplay.....even the op here as quit in disgust. So then all the coplayers flame him for moaning.

The only reason I continue is because i make a mental adjustment to my rank.....I am rank 5 now, ah but 3 of the top 4 are coplayed accounts so really I am rank 2.

DeletedUser8815

So it's more a game of I can't be rank 1 boo hoo?

well yes i suppose there is a lot of that in it. But that happens in most sports. England would get immense pride in being ranked number one in fifa world rankings, (sigh, if only), tiger woods likes being rank 1 as does federer, I am sure. It is an Honour. But how would you feel if it was impossible for your favourite team to become rank 1?

A very good analogy can be made in county cricket. Back in the 60's Yorkshire were by far the most successful team, always winning the championship, with the proud rule that only Yorkshire born players can represent the county. But then with the advent of overseas players filling the ranks of all Yorkshire's comepetitiors Yorkshire lost their level of success. After many unsuccessful years the pressure became to great and the desire to succeed overtook the desire to be exclusive and now anyone can play for the team and they enjoy some success. This was forced on the team by other teams changing their selection procedure in the same way that previous high ranks are forced to take coplayers if they want to maintain their high rank against the abundance of coplayers.

Not really sure what satisfaction coplayers get from being a high rank and nobling single players who have to sleep. Its really quite simple to do. They can go almost 100% offensive knowing they will always be on line to dodge...and they only have to catch their opponent sleeping or doing some rl stuff once.

DeletedUser1511

well yes i suppose there is a lot of that in it. But that happens in most sports. England would get immense pride in being ranked number one in fifa world rankings, (sigh, if only), tiger woods likes being rank 1 as does federer, I am sure. It is an Honour. But how would you feel if it was impossible for your favourite team to become rank 1?

A very good analogy can be made in county cricket. Back in the 60's Yorkshire were by far the most successful team, always winning the championship, with the proud rule that only Yorkshire born players can represent the county. But then with the advent of overseas players filling the ranks of all Yorkshire's comepetitiors Yorkshire lost their level of success. After many unsuccessful years the pressure became to great and the desire to succeed overtook the desire to be exclusive and now anyone can play for the team and they enjoy some success. This was forced on the team by other teams changing their selection procedure in the same way that previous high ranks are forced to take coplayers if they want to maintain their high rank against the abundance of coplayers.

Not really sure what satisfaction coplayers get from being a high rank and nobling single players who have to sleep. Its really quite simple to do. They can go almost 100% offensive knowing they will always be on line to dodge...and they only have to catch their opponent sleeping or doing some rl stuff once.
Anyone can go 100% offensive, and i do not know how many coplayed accounts are the first the quit worlds, when 2-3 players get cleared and suddenly their rl gets "busy". I think if you are still arguing about whether or not coplaying is a bad thing or not, you need to get over it and play the game.

Anyone who argues that this game is not activity based is a fool.
Anyone who argues that you need a lot of activity to do well at this game is a bigger fool.

DeletedUser8815

Anyone who argues that this game is not activity based is a fool.
Anyone who argues that you need a lot of activity to do well at this game is a bigger fool.

then try playing for an hour a day and see how long you last