Conquer the World - The Awoken Bear

DeletedUser

Baltic Union supports this message and asks for the United Nations to monitor the referendum to make sure it's fair.

Cambodia believe that Ecuador should have the chance to put down the cartels before Colombia has a referendum, as if Colombia re-recieved independence the power vacuum would likely be filled by the cartels.

DeletedUser

So... instead of letting Ecuador actually try and restore peace and order to Colombia, as Clueless said, you're basically giving The Cartels a back-door entrance of power. Right.

If the United Nations want a referendum, then so be it. I just don't understand why when there is currently a stable government in charge you would ask for a referendum.

DeletedUser

Muldeh - Zimbabwe - Turn three

Population: 12,521,000
Budget: $5.5 Billion

Military

Norinco Type 59 MBT - 35
Norinco Type 69 MBT - 10
Type 63 light tank - 20 received 1983/1984 from China
T-54 - 20 tanks received from USSR in September 1984.[6]
T-54/55 ARV
T-55 tanks - 12 from North Korea, 1981[7]
EE-9 Cascavel Armoured Car - 90
EE-11 Urutu - 7
Panhard AML Armoured Car - 30
Eland Mk7 - 20
EQ2050 Armoured Car (Chinese version of the American M998 (HMMWV) - 100
Type 63 APC- 30 [8]
YW 531 Armoured Personnel Carrier - 30 (8 from China and 22 Korean VTT-323 version)
Unknown type Armoured Personnel Carrier - 22 donated by China in January 2005 [9]
UR-416 Armoured Personnel Carrier - 36
Crocodile Armoured Personnel Carrier - 40
BRDM-1 Armoured Personnel Carrier, from North Korea in 1984 - 20
BRDM-2 Armoured Personnel Carrier, from USSR - 1980
BTR-152 Armoured Personnel Carrier, from North Korea - 1983
BTR-50 Armoured personnel carrier, from Syria - 1984 - 40
ACMAT TPK 4.20 VSC Armoured Personnel Carrier 260. Delivered over 5 years from 1995 [10].
Steyr-Daimler-Puch 4x4 Armoured Personnel Carrier (exact type not known)- at least 66
Mine Protected Combat Vehicle - MPCV 4x4 Armoured personnel carrier, locally-produced - 115 [3]]

2S1 122mm Self-propelled howitzer - 12
D-30/2A18M Towed Artillery (122mm) - 4
Type 60 howitzer - Towed Artillery (122 mm) - 18
PRC Type-54 - Towed Artillery (122 mm) - 12
OTO Melara Mod 56 105mm Pack Howitzer - 18
L118 Light Gun 105 mm towed howitzer - 12
PRC Type 63 Multiple Rocket Launcher - 18
RM-70 Multiple Rocket Launcher - 60
BM-21 Grad - 25
81 mm / 82 mm Mortar - over 600. Includes L16 81mm Mortar and Chinese W91 81mm Long Range mortars. 98 W91 tubes were on the An Yue Jiang. These weapons did get to Zimbabwe. [11]
2B11 120 mm Mortar - 140 (60 2B11s received from Hungary in 2000[4])

ZPU-1/-2/-4; ZU-23; M1939 Air Defence Guns - 215
Type 59 100mm AA Guns
Type 59 57mm AA Guns
ZSU-23-4 Shilka
SA-7/SA-18 Igla Surface-to-air missile - 30
Seacat/Tigercat missiles
HQ-2 Surface-to-air missile - Reported. Quantity unknown.
ATGM missiles have been cited in military exercise reports [13]. LAW 80 and MILAN noted in Zimbabwe Commando Regiment exercises[14]

L85A1 Assault rifle
AK family of rifles is standard issue infantry weapon
FN FAL sometimes issued the special forces
FN MAG Machine gun
PK machine gun
Dragunov Sniper Rifle
Sako TRG

Nanchang K-8 Karakorum - 11. These are the upgraded K-8E with glass cockpit
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23 Flogger - multi-role fighter (2 seen in 2003 fly past) and currently believed to be stored at Thornhill because they are "excess to requirements".
Chengdu F-7 II/N Airguard - only 6 or 7 were operational when the DRC war started. It is believed an additional 12 were acquired early 1999.[4] a third batch of the Chengdu F-7 MG variant was acquired in November 2004.
Along with some training/transport aircraft i cbf listing them all.

Domestic Affairs

Firstly I would like to expand all coffee farms and factories to cater for tours so that tourists can see each stage of our coffee making process, to see for themselves the good condition of our workers and our factories. Free mugs will be given out at the end of these tours with "Peace, Coffee, Zimbabwe." written on them. 200 million.

750 million of Zimbabwe Coffee is to be gifted to countries who suffered from the melamine in Kenya Koffee, providing Zimbabwe becomes their main Coffee supplier from now on.

I would like to subsidize the clothing/footwear industry also to lower prices and give more people access to quality clothing and footwear. 500 million.

I also want to subsidize the fertilizer industry to help farmers. 400 million.

Parents with school age children may be entitled to financial support from the government if they are unemployed, and had the child before the law against having children while unemployed for more than 1 year was introduced. The total amount of this financial support will be limited at 800 million.

Roads and highways to be further improved. 300 million.

Foreign relations

Donate a further 500 million to Haiti.

Research

Research continues $300 million.

Military

Expansion of Airforce:
40 * \A-10_Thunderbolt_II 500 million.
12 * Super Hornet 750 million.
5 * Night Hawk 250 million.
We ask the USA to send us veteran pilots to fully train our pilots in flying these new aircraft and offer 50 million to cover this.

Summary
Coffee making now open to public display. 200m
Free coffee for countries affected by melamine. 750m
Subsidies for clothing/footwear/fertalizer. 1000m
Financial support for parents. 800m
Roads and highways. 300m
Aid for Haiti. 500m
Research. 300m
Expansion of airforce. 1500m
Airforce training. 50m

Total expenditure: $5.4 billion
Surplus: $100 million

DeletedUser282

So... instead of letting Ecuador actually try and restore peace and order to Colombia, as Clueless said, you're basically giving The Cartels a back-door entrance of power. Right.

If the United Nations want a referendum, then so be it. I just don't understand why when there is currently a stable government in charge you would ask for a referendum.

I want a referendum as I think that for this merge to happen the people of Colombia should be allowed to vote on whether they want to merge or not.

If they voted not to merge in, I can't see why Ecuador couldn't help them anyway.

DeletedUser

Or you could just allow the previous government of Colombia take back power and with combined US efforts defeat the drug cartels in the North. You can help them without merging.

DeletedUser

I want a referendum as I think that for this merge to happen the people of Colombia should be allowed to vote on whether they want to merge or not.

If they voted not to merge in, I can't see why Ecuador couldn't help them anyway.
But if not, you're giving the cartels a back-door to power, which could be avoided.

Or you could just allow the previous government of Colombia take back power and with combined US efforts defeat the drug cartels in the North. You can help them without merging.
The previous government failed so hard it hurts. Who's to say they don't cock-up again?

DeletedUser

They could get more drug people from Mexico to mess up your economy >.>

DeletedUser

Notrly. In fact, the cartel bought me a Caribbean mansion, a Bugatti Veyron , and a lifetime supply of Cocaine, what else could I want?

Side note; nice 75000th post here.

DeletedUser

I support YGP holding onto Columbia, atleast until he puts down the cartels.

DeletedUser

A join South-Central American task force can handle the cartels, then the Colombian government can be swept of corruption and elections can be held.