[DISCUSSION] Name change

DeletedUser

i don't know if this has been said or not, but if you are making an option to change the IGN, then you should also make an option to change your forum name(THIS ONE FOR FREE)...
to avoid confusion you can add the earlier known as option below the changed name....

If i am changing my IGN, then i would want to have my forum name as same to that...

DeletedUser5582

i don't know if this has been said or not, but if you are making an option to change the IGN, then you should also make an option to change your forum name(THIS ONE FOR FREE)...
to avoid confusion you can add the earlier known as option below the changed name....

If i am changing my IGN, then i would want to have my forum name as same to that...

You can! I have a different acc for my UK11 ingame name and is free to set up so don't fret although now you have given Innogames ideas....!

DeletedUser

Yes Jo prefers to be duck and dive. Personally I think you should have the same name throughout the game and stop hiding (like Jo..:lol:)

DeletedUser10224

I have a question......

All this talk about changing your in-game name.......I may actually be interested in this (am I the only one?????).

I was originally Hawk1956 but RL problems made me give up my account on W8.

I am now back as Hawk 01.......but the new Hawk1956 is now in the same tribe on W11 as me and it is confusing.....we both sign mails/forums as "Hawk".......and ppl call both of us "Hawk" in skype.

My question is.......is this "Name changing" active.....and how do I go about it if I decide to go with it?

DeletedUser5582

Yes Jo prefers to be duck and dive. Personally I think you should have the same name throughout the game and stop hiding (like Jo..:lol:)

Ha! Is hardly hiding when have same profile and name all my villas after cookies now is it! I changed my forum name as the mod tag attracts grief and I can't troll folk (it upsets Meechan)

I have a question......

All this talk about changing your in-game name.......I may actually be interested in this (am I the only one?????).

I was originally Hawk1956 but RL problems made me give up my account on W8.

I am now back as Hawk 01.......but the new Hawk1956 is now in the same tribe on W11 as me and it is confusing.....we both sign mails/forums as "Hawk".......and ppl call both of us "Hawk" in skype.

My question is.......is this "Name changing" active.....and how do I go about it if I decide to go with it?

settings then (and this will amaze you) click change username!!

check the first few posts on this thread as to issues with existing names or just rim the other hawk for stealing your name!

DeletedUser10224

settings then (and this will amaze you) click change username!!

check the first few posts on this thread as to issues with existing names or just rim the other hawk for stealing your name!

Thanks Jo.....found it.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
You can! I have a different acc for my UK11 ingame name and is free to set up so don't fret although now you have given Innogames ideas....!

Making a new account isn't really the same as changing the name of your existing account.

DeletedUser

hmmmm I wonder how the double & triple accounters feel about this..??
(oops did i touch on this topic again..!! and will continue to do so until Mods & INNO bring back the total ban and not 10% (daft) punishment - meanwhile deleting my posts about it)
may be a good thing for them coz when they decide which account to stick with they can then change the name of the account to a more well known one
hahahaha

DeletedUser

hmmmm I wonder how the double & triple accounters feel about this..??
(oops did i touch on this topic again..!! and will continue to do so until Mods & INNO bring back the total ban and not 10% (daft) punishment - meanwhile deleting my posts about it)
may be a good thing for them coz when they decide which account to stick with they can then change the name of the account to a more well known one
hahahaha

Good point, and no doubt will happen.

DeletedUser

let me explain myself more clearly...

i have my Ig name sumit.x365 which also happens to be my forum name...
suppose i change my Ign to xyz...
so will my forum name also change to xyz?
if not then you guys should add this option(if possible) to the forums....

DeletedUser5582

let me explain myself more clearly...

i have my Ig name sumit.x365 which also happens to be my forum name...
suppose i change my Ign to xyz...
so will my forum name also change to xyz?
if not then you guys should add this option(if possible) to the forums....

Your forum name won't change you would need to make a new forum account to match your new account name. This is of course free though any rep you have accrued on old forum acc would not go across. You would still of course still be able to post here with your old account.

Only those who care about rep accrued and total number of posts made (and I only know of three players that do this) would this be an issue?

DeletedUser

Your forum name won't change you would need to make a new forum account to match your new account name. This is of course free though any rep you have accrued on old forum acc would not go across. You would still of course still be able to post here with your old account.

Only those who care about rep accrued and total number of posts made (and I only know of three players that do this) would this be an issue?

add me to that list :p

Nauzhror

Reaction score

Not true.

Having all your posts under a single account name makes it much easier to find a specific post or thread you made in the past when referencing it in the future for whatever reason.

DeletedUser5582

add me to that list :p

lol ok is now four that I know of!! Well as it stands your external forum account wouldn't be changed but will go ask if this could be looked at and will edit this reply when I get an answer for you. Now see if you can guess who one of the other three is...

Not true.

Having all your posts under a single account name makes it much easier to find a specific post or thread you made in the past when referencing it in the future for whatever reason.

what isn't true?! Your rep and number of posts wouldn't be carried forward so not sure what was the issue here Nauzhror?

However, yes it would mean that you;d have to search under all your external names to find that post but I say again for most users this isn't a big issue and anyway if you know the keyword the search function should find it quickly...

You have a few external accounts Nauzhror so has it been an issue finding them so far?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
what isn't true?! Your rep and number of posts wouldn't be carried forward so not sure what was the issue here Nauzhror?

I meant that having all your posts under one account is a convenience in more ways than simply wishing to have a high post count.

Though if there's members who aim to have a high post count I'm rather shocked since I have nearly twice as many posts as anyone else yet wouldn't be opposed to post counts not being visible.

DeletedUser5582

^^ your underpants are smoking as I do remember you baiting Business Time about how many posts you had and how he'd never catch you!!

Ok back on topic. If you change your ingame name from xxx to yyy all you need to do is put a ticket in AFTER the name change has gone through and if NO ONE else has registered the new name on the externals (I would suggest you keep quiet here until all done as am sure some would find it hilarious to pinch your new nickname and taunt you!!) then we will (at no extra charge) change your external name for you. Um I say we but it won't be me as they don't let me near the important stuff!!

Now your rep and post count would be the same but not sure how the search function would cope with having some posts under xxx etc etc so change your name and let us know!

So check before you change your ingame name that no one has your proposed new name on our member list which you will find here, then ingame go to settings then change username and fill in the details. Keep quiet till name is done then pop a ticket in on these forums and request your external name be changed.

Then tell your friends that you are now (insert scary name here)

and all for 500 premium points how we do it is beyond me I tell you :icon_wink: