DeletedUser7325

Round 2

Start: Monday, 30/08/10 12:00
End: Friday, 10/09/10 12:00

Description:
  • 300 minutes beginner protection.
  • No paladin.
  • No archers.
  • 15-tech smithy (3 levels per technology).
  • Barbs and advanced bonus villages grow to 1000 points.
  • Coin academy. Only 3 noblemen can be built per village. (Packets)
  • 40-member tribe limit. No attacking tribemates.
  • Random starting location.
  • Caution: Noblemen travel a maximum distance of 50 fields.
Player limit: 100
Requirements for victory: Nil
Speed: 50
Unit speed: 1
Sleep mode: Yes
Account sitting: Yes
Morale: Yes
Building queue: Yes

Like the random start with 40 limit for the tribe. Dont know if advanced techs would be much of the thing. Apart from moral, they look good. Personally like no pally and no archers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7966

Much better, a nice slow round, high tribe limit means tracey seems to be expecting quite high numbers here, hopefully that is the case. Only query is the length of the BP, as LC at this speed would take around 2 hours with an average area, so 5 hours of BP seems a little too much :\

"Coin academy. Only 3 noblemen can be built per village."

Eh?

DeletedUser

I don't like the tech smithy - just seems like too much hassle to me personally. The rest of it looks fine, 3 nobles per villa looks like it's gonna be trouble though >.>.

DeletedUser7217

Copycat don't like the dates, otherwise it's fine but a bit long for me

DeletedUser

This really isn't speed.

This is like a HP round, only a week long. Start bringing some real speed settings, Tracey and co.

DeletedUser7966

This really isn't speed.

This is like a HP round, only a week long. Start bringing some real speed settings, Tracey and co.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others hate it too. Most people I know prefer the slower speeds (20-100/150) than the stupid arcade speeds (300-400) as the slower ones take actual skill, rather than just frantic clicking.

DeletedUser

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others hate it too. Most people I know prefer the slower speeds (20-100/150) than the stupid arcade speeds (300-400) as the slower ones take actual skill, rather than just frantic clicking.

I tell you what bro, if you've actually played a 12 hour bash at 300/400 speed then you can't say that.

300/400 and surviving the first 30 minutes, let alone the remaining hours left is a skill in itself. The skill needed for slower, week rounds is the same as normal world skill. That isn't what speed is for.

Obviously, peoples opinions will differ, but thats my view. You want to play slower gameplay that requires skill such as sniping ect the normal way, play a world, and achieve ranking ect from it.

You wanna actually test your limits, play a 300/400 speed round where you gotta snipe litrally seconds from it being launched, defending, attacking, no time to pee, or even drink/eat.

DeletedUser7966

I tell you what bro, if you've actually played a 12 hour bash at 300/400 speed then you can't say that.

300/400 and surviving the first 30 minutes, let alone the remaining hours left is a skill in itself. The skill needed for slower, week rounds is the same as normal world skill. That isn't what speed is for.

Obviously, peoples opinions will differ, but thats my view. You want to play slower gameplay that requires skill such as sniping ect the normal way, play a world, and achieve ranking ect from it.

You wanna actually test your limits, play a 300/400 speed round where you gotta snipe litrally seconds from it being launched, defending, attacking, no time to pee, or even drink/eat.

I've played, and won, many 400 speed rounds, and it takes far less skill than a 50 speed round.

DeletedUser68

seriously? you obv havent played many viariations of the speed settings, i think ive prob played more or less every speed setting there is. the fact is with 300/400 speed you can sit there and build next to no troops and just upgrade your mines once you get a decent income from that then just start building troops, also with it being 300/400 speed troops are rebuilt quick, meaning you are less likely to think about what you do with them, 20/100 speed troops take longer to rebuild you think who you farm and dont just go bashing everyone, thats how i see it anyway, i won all kinds but the slower rounds are much harder to win

Nauzhror

Reaction score

You're trying, and utterly failing, to talk down to two speed players that are far better and far more experienced than you. Stop digging. You already fit in the hole; trust me.

DeletedUser282

This really isn't speed.

This is speed. This is not HP. Slower rounds are almost always better.

The most competitive round I have ever seen in speed (for the first few days) was a speed 20.

About your later comment about it taking skill to survive the first 30 mins of speed 300/400.

Many many times I have built my mines up to 30 each without building a single troop that wasn't a scout, I almost always got away with it. To do well in the opening hours of slow speeds, you have to play properly.

Look at Auskilla

He played back when there were a few good players around. All of those rounds are quite fast, his start up strategy was to build his mines to 30/30/30 then build troops. It clearly worked very well.

Then when he and Miggy co played a 20 speed round, they were outpaced by other players who grew faster, got more troops and then coordinated on them brilliantly.

Slower speeds are just better in my opinion.

Yes, this is an opinion.

But it seems to be an opinion shared by *Vendetta.., Miggy, Me and Nauzhror. 4 Players who are all far better than you, you are by all means entitled to your own opinion. But stop trying to discredit ours. It doesn't seem to be working does it?